• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Business Bitcoin/monero and darknet marketplace

Las Veghost grower

Bluelighter
Sorry if this is in the wrong subthread, but Iv been lookin at the dark drug market and I think Iv noticed a trend, it looks like monero will be the new Bitcoin for the darknet, my theory is that the vendors are buying monero dirt cheap and will eventually make people switch to monero as the main payment meathod making the value skyrocket after they have bought it dirt cheap, kinda like the GameStop Robinhood thing that happened, so I’m thinking about investing in monero, anyone with of experience with that market place think this is a potential scenario ?im pretty sure bud kinda scared to pull the trigger and invest

Sorry if this is in the wrong subthread, but Iv been lookin at the dark drug market and I think Iv noticed a trend, it looks like monero will be the new Bitcoin for the darknet, my theory is that the vendors are buying monero dirt cheap and will eventually make people switch to monero as the main payment meathod making the value skyrocket after they have bought it dirt cheap, kinda like the GameStop Robinhood thing that happened, so I’m thinking about investing in monero, anyone with of experience with that market place think this is a potential scenario ?im pretty sure bud kinda scared to pull the trigger and invest
I would imagine it's due to the the relative anonymity of monero over bitcoin

Even if darknet did adapt monero exclusively, that whole scene is truly merely a ripple in the crypto scene now. It might nmake monero price rise yeah, but wouldn't be a massive factor probably

I'm not a crpto head but know people who aree serious about it and have done very well. They're not predicting massive monero gains for reasons I can't remember.

It's probably a safe-ish investment though in the sense it will probably not go down in value

I would imagine it's due to the the relative anonymity of monero over bitcoin

Even if darknet did adapt monero exclusively, that whole scene is truly merely a ripple in the crypto scene now. It might nmake monero price rise yeah, but wouldn't be a massive factor probably

I'm not a crpto head but know people who aree serious about it and have done very well. They're not predicting massive monero gains for reasons I can't remember.

It's probably a safe-ish investment though in the sense it will probably not go down in value
Ok, I don’t know much about crypto, but what other currencies are they looking at and what would be the largest factor in value going up ? Like is real estate or pharma involved on crypto or whatever

Bitcoin is going down a bit in value currently so monroe may be used rn to avoid losing money when and if bitcoin goes down in value more

Ok, I don’t know much about crypto, but what other currencies are they looking at and what would be the largest factor in value going up ? Like is real estate or pharma involved on crypto or whatever
I dunno man, there's so many and it's extremely complex. You need to have a good look at crypto forums etc really

Bitcoin, ethereum and polka/cardano are where they are investing iirc

I’ll check out some crypto forums, but I think the drug market is estimated at 80million a year or something, I was thinking that would be enough to boost the value by a bit and make other people want to invest. and since those guys are in a kinda small circle would be able to work the system together

I’ll check out some crypto forums, but I think the drug market is estimated at 80million a year or something, I was thinking that would be enough to boost the value by a bit and make other people want to invest. and since those guys are in a kinda small circle would be able to work the system together
maybe, just not according to my friends, but they don;t know everything innit

I think 80 mill is, amazingly, fuck all in terms of crypto anyway!

I'm not the person to ask really, many of us have a similar story to this...I was seriously urged to invest in btc years ago when I had a spare grand (first and only time i've ever had that much spare in my life) and yeah that 1k would be worth 350k today, fml aaha

maybe, just not according to my friends, but they don;t know everything innit

I think 80 mill is, amazingly, fuck all in terms of crypto anyway!

I'm not the person to ask really, many of us have a similar story to this...I was seriously urged to invest in btc years ago when I had a spare grand (first and only time i've ever had that much spare in my life) and yeah that 1k would be worth 350k today, fml aaha
I think everyone who heard of Silk Road when it first came out is thinking the same thing ha

Bitcoin is going down a bit in value currently so monroe may be used rn to avoid losing money when and if bitcoin goes down in value more
Bitcoins overall trajectory has always been up although it has its dips. It will never have the tremendous leap it once had again in short speed. I always want to tell people long term people. Also, the actual value of any currency does not matter when selling higher via the coins value, another coin, or another product entirely.

I think Tesla is one of the biggest Bitcoin holder at some billion $? I guess whatever Elon start investing in next is prolly a good place to start

We get into it over here. Not so much monero. But you are right that it is a crypto that cannot be traced or tracked currently. All the coins will have a sharp upturn when the dollar collapses. It's on life support rn.

I think everyone who heard of Silk Road when it first came out is thinking the same thing ha
I know someone (not very well) who got jailed for a few years but before he went in he sunk all he had (a reasonable amount) into bitcoin and basically sat in jail smiling watching himself get rich - came out to around half a million. pfffffffft

Then there's Ross Ulbricht, Silk road founder, doing life without parole for founding Silk Road. He had ties to murder due to the marketplace, but he didn't physically kill anyone. Just perhaps a murder for hire, that was staged to look real. Anyway, coding is free speech. The feds will book you as conspiracy to commit a crime which is unconstitutional due to first amendment.

We watch the dollar go down in value, and alternative currencies, competing currencies will gain value as demand goes up.

Monero shouldnt be overlooked. But not because just the drug trade. crypto market is in the trillions now
1.6 to be exact.

Monero is the only true privacy coin. All the rest are merely all traceable.

Imagine the future .. already we have peoples purchases being tracked. It will only get worse. For alot monero is a great way to circumvent this problem.

I hold some monero but only because i see the real value in it. Already been asked for source of funds forms from banks, had many bank accounts closed and even platforms i use are asking intrusive questions like how i got my money and can i prove this.

This is where moneros use case begins to make sense to me

Monero shouldnt be overlooked. But not because just the drug trade. crypto market is in the trillions now
1.6 to be exact.

Monero is the only true privacy coin. All the rest are merely all traceable.

Imagine the future .. already we have peoples purchases being tracked. It will only get worse. For alot monero is a great way to circumvent this problem.

I hold some monero but only because i see the real value in it. Already been asked for source of funds forms from banks, had many bank accounts closed and even platforms i use are asking intrusive questions like how i got my money and can i prove this.

This is where moneros use case begins to make sense to me
That’s a really good point, being untraceable is pretty valuable in itself

That’s a really good point, being untraceable is pretty valuable in itself
It is a good point.

Also, though bitcoin was commonly thought to be anonymous until it wasn't. Monero might not keep its anonymity as the rush to de-annonymise is surely on in quite a big way

What would really put the cat among the pigeons will be when (when, not if) they crack pgp encryption. I'm aware they are far from doing that yet, apparently anyway, but they will one day. The feds mirror image darknet sites constantly. When they crack pgp they will literally have access to millions of drug-orderers addresses, ahem

Yeah, they're banking on conspiracy. Because possession is or 9/10 of the law. Most drugs will be consumed or done away with by then. They would then need a judge to sign off on a search warrant for an address and such. It seems they might be better off spending their resources on healthier ventures.

The feds mirror image darknet sites constantly. When they crack pgp they will literally have access to millions of drug-orderers addresses, ahem
Of course you never know for sure and drug dealers not known for trustworthiness, but I don’t think many professional darknet dealers keep recods of customer addresses. It would be very bad OpSec and potentially tie them to siezed packages.

I think the vendor side of some market software might actually autoprint the labels so they are never downloaded by the vendor. I know vendors don’t keep the postal tracking numbers. They encrypt them straight away: