Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Bit of help? Codeine/Oxycodone withdrawals

allupinyohair

Greenlighter
I have been out of hospital for a few weeks now but found yesterday when I decided not to take anything for pain relief (no mersyndol forte/panadiene forte or endone which is my usual combo) that I experienced slight withdrawal symptoms today (the runs, flushes, runny nose etc.). Anyway, I was on morphine a good while in hospital aswell as endone and I think if I stop using anything at the moment I'll have a few bad weeks of sickness. Is there anything a Doctor could do to help me come off these medications easier? I'm taking about 6 mersyndol forte, 8 mersyndol and 4-6 endone a day. Pretty bad habit. This all started because of my hospital visit, I don't want to go through withdrawals (I can barely do anything even lying down on the bed feels horrible).

If you have free access to the meds can't you taper yourself down off them?

Ativan stops the anxiety. That is another habit that you dont want to use to replace your old one, but a weeks supply should be ok.

Marijuana seems to reduce withdrawal symptoms in rodents and studies suggest that heroin addicts who smoke marijuana are more likely to comply with their methadone tapering regimen than users who dont.

Prickly poppy and blue lotus are rumored to help reduce the withdrawals. There are two types of blue lotus....I think the one that is actually in the Lilly family is the one you want, but I might have that backwards.

Im not an expert on opiates, but I research this stuff a lot and ask lots of questions.

I can't smoke weed, I get really paranoid on it and basically have psychotic episodes. Yeah, crazy. I could taper down, I'm doing that at the moment but have found that it is rather difficult. I've heard of suboxone but that's all.

I get paranoid and wig out also if I smoke too much....never used to be like that, but I think I have adrenal fatigue. If you are not used to smoking and try to keep up with heavy smokers you are going to get paranoid and flip out. Ativan is anti-anxiety and also has a nice effect of eliminating the marijuana paranoia.

You know your body better than I do though. Use your best judgment.

I have been out of hospital for a few weeks now but found yesterday when I decided not to take anything for pain relief (no mersyndol forte/panadiene forte or endone which is my usual combo) that I experienced slight withdrawal symptoms today (the runs, flushes, runny nose etc.). Anyway, I was on morphine a good while in hospital aswell as endone and I think if I stop using anything at the moment I'll have a few bad weeks of sickness. Is there anything a Doctor could do to help me come off these medications easier? I'm taking about 6 mersyndol forte, 8 mersyndol and 4-6 endone a day. Pretty bad habit. This all started because of my hospital visit, I don't want to go through withdrawals (I can barely do anything even lying down on the bed feels horrible).

i would suggest that a medicated detox would work brilliantly for you at the moment, speak to your GP and ask about local places that do a rapid buphrenorphine detox. It definately sounds like you have an opiate tolerance/dependance which would also make you qualify for maintenance therapies. If the withdrawal symptoms get bad; say you cant hold anything in, you get constant cramps, with an elevated pulse i would seriously look at going to hospital and telling them. I know that valium and anti nausea prescription drugs are common place in withdrawal centres.

most opiate withdrawals are over within three days- that is all the drugs are out of your system. If you can hang on till then; use a good counsellor and you should be well on your way to recovery. It is always a good idea to seek help with stuff like this so keep reaching out.

alternatively you could use the search function which has heaps of resources on opiate withdrawals

Last edited:
you could try using clonodine / catapress its used to help w/d of opiates talk to your doctor

I'm going to talk to the doctor who did my surgery and tell 'em what's been happening. I'm kind of cautious that they'll just say... Oh, well, I'm sure you can just tough out the withdrawals or something stupid like that. Is suboxone prescribed here in Australia because it sounds like a very good option to me and for pain relief, valium sounds alot better.

Marijuana seems to reduce withdrawal symptoms in rodents and studies suggest that heroin addicts who smoke marijuana are more likely to comply with their methadone tapering regimen than users who dont.

That makes sense. Marijuana makes you content with being bored and modulates your mood.

Marijuana (for alot people) calms them down, and helps them dissociate from their emotions (the extreme ones atleast).

I just got a really funny image of a rat lieing on its back doped up, smoking a joint.

ahhh valium would help with relaxation but not necessarily with pain relief- suboxone is prescribed in aus; what state are you in i can look up their pharmacotherapy services if you want.

if you are in heaps of pain and starting to go down the road which has been listed both here in in your other thread Shooting up endone i would suggest that you look for something that will impact both your pain relief and need to source more drugs; methadoe would be a good thing for you by the sounds of it. Suboxone would also limit your ability to take other opiates as it has naloxone in it- agonist/antagonist combo

^
Valium may be of benefit for muscle soreness/aches. But not legitimate pain.