• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Biosynthetic pathways of gluteomorphine and caseomorphine in autistic subjects?

Limpet Chicken

Bluelighter
I am somewhat curious about this, some subjects with the neuorological disorders on the autistic spectrum (autism, high functioning autism and asperger's syndrome for example) have an unusual metabolism in certain respects.

Some people with these disorders cannot eat products containing gluten or caseine, as they are metabolised to peptides, gluteomorphine and caseomorphine, having opiate like effects, causing behavioural variations and addictive syptoms to the foods containing gluten/caseine.

Has anyone got any information on the biosynthetic pathways involved in the metabolism of gluten and caseine to these opiate-like peptides in autistic spectrum disorders, I would be really interested as to how they are metabolised and produced in-vivo from caseine/gluten.

[Edit: corrected spelling error]

Last edited:
I have a question. Is this the same thing experienced by people with a gluten allergy or no?

I don't think so, I am not 100% on that, but I have only seen it mentioned in connection with austistic spectrum disorders.

This link is not even close to being proven. They don't know it happens, let alone how it happens.