Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Biodone

Mr_AuDiO

Bluelighter
Hi everyone,

This might be a little personal but a friend of a friend's parents found a few bottles of this Biodone stuff in his jackets and they don't exactly know what it is and I don't either much. From what I know its a methadone prescription against only heroin addiction or other types of drugs too?

If someone can go into detail on what this Biodone (Cordial) really does to the user?

Even though I dont know the person and have never known anyone to be involved in especially those kind of drugs, its sad to hear this kind of shit and I want to at least be able to explain whats happening to my other friend so he can tell them so they can help him. Hope this makes sense.

Thanks.

I've only ever heard of it prescribed for heroin withdrawal. I'm reasonably sure (although not 100% ) it's not much use for other addictions. It might be used for addictions to other opiates? Anyone know?

If you want details on methadone, the Erowid Methadone Vault is the place to look.

:)

Biodone is indeed methadone hydrochloride.

Methadone hydrochloride is an opiate agonist and works on the central nervous system (CNS) and on the intestines. It interacts with several types of opiate receptors including the µ type. Methadone interacts with the µ receptor to suppress opiate withdrawal. Therefore I guess it would be unlikely to be prescribed in cases where opiate tolerance was not present... it's basically a painkiller.

In addition to analgesia, the effects of Methadone on the CNS cause suppression of the cough reflex, respiratory depression, drowsiness, sedation, change in mood, euphoria, dysphoria, mental clouding, nausea and vomiting, and EEG changes. Methadone causes miosis which is antagonized by atropine.

BigTrancer :)

PS: This was paraphrased from: http://www.medsafe.govt.nz/Profs/Datasheet/b/Biodoneoralsoln.htm

Biodone is a sorbitol-free brand of methadone becoming more common in Australia.

Lots of people use Methadone recreationally and not just for treating opiate addiction, so keep that in mind.

Appreciate that people, should past that on to my mate to tell them the situation. So this Biodone stuff can also be used for recreational use out of effect then? I wouldnt have a clue if the person was an addict or not if the question above is true.

How bad can this methadone treatment be? Or is it not bat all?

Thanks again.

How do you mean bad? It's kinda substitution of quality controlled pharmaceutical methadone for street heroin... helps to reduce some of the risks addicted users face with regular dosing of H due to the illegality, impurity/variability of drug etc.. I'd recommend checking OtherDrugs forum for methadone vs heroin information as the subject gets thrashed out there on a semi-regular basis.

BigTrancer :)