• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Binging and self control

Mini Chef

Greenlighter
Hi

I IV pethidine. I started using for pain.

I can go weeks without, and never really suffer withdraw. But when I do get, I get 10 at a time, I just go on a binge until they are all gone. Each shot is half an ampule, so in the space of a few hours, I do 20 shots. I say, these should last me a few days, but once I start, I don't stop until they are all gone, then I go a week without fine. I don't have the self control to only do one or two. I go so far as waking up with a needle in my arm, passed out, and I am like, how the hell have I done so much. Not sure where to go from here.
It feels like a waste to me.

You really are wasting quite a few doses but I don't think most of us could tell you how to slow down and save 8 or 9 of those doses until the next day. Maybe tell yourself that if you put some away that you'll get to have just as much fun the next day instead of having to wait a couple of weeks until you get more. There are no magic words I could utter that would immediately make you say Cool! Now I'll have some for tomorrow lol.

This has the potential to become an everyday thing, and then you will be screwed. My advice is to do only next time, and then 6 the time after. See what I mean? Slowly reduced until you come to, lets say 4 ampules. Then stay at four during your binges and never go above that.

I am a Benzo lover and can't seem to kick the habbit and border line obsession since i have been 18 I have loved working out and binging on benzo's

I can go weeks letting a script build up then take 80mg in one night and a few lyrica then go back to working out for weeks with no need for them but when i am not being prescribed them their all i can think about??

~<Info seized and redacted by CIA for safety>~

Bluechicken, you should start a thread of your own to talk about/get feedback about your experience/problem/etc. Mini Chef was talking about IV opioid use in big ass binges that completely overpower any sense of self control, but its mainly about self control with opioids, and compulsive binges on opioids, which will have different signs/symptoms/necessary precautions to take when using them than benzos binges, and advice that works for one may not work for the other (could be downright dangerous.)

You'll get better help if you start your own thread, plus, its more likely Your post will more views/replies/help in its own thread.

This post would do well in a few different places; pay a visit to "The Darkside", "Other Drugs", or even "Basic Drug Discussion"(IDK if this actually appropriate for BDD, i'm just making an educated guess). You'll get better help and resources doing it that way.

plus, starting your own thread keeps the focus from shifting away from the original posts content and OP's problems and troubles. tries to prevent distraction and hopefully prevents conversations that are wildly off topic. It saves this thread.

Last edited: