• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Bindweed trip reports needed (from flowers,vine,and leaves)

Streetcow

Bluelighter
right now I'm developing A project related to the psychoactive properties of common bindweed (Convolvulus arvensis) I would like others experiences with bindweed including how much of the plant was taken how it was taken and the effects you got from it all reports are appreciated!!!)

Umm

What?

This plant doesn't get you high. At least not so far as I can find from a brief search.

Umm

What?

This plant doesn't get you high. At least not so far as I can find from a brief search.

Hello trozzle good to see a mod taking interest in this

and also while a quick report won't pull up anything iv had a couple people get high on bindweed and the vine (NOT seed) of morning glory (look up morning glory wine it is pretty prevalent)

the main constituents are related to common nightshade alkaloids and are including atropine,tropinone,psudeotropine,hygrine,meso-cusohygrine (there are also steroids in them weird I know but look at the international journal of pharmacy and pharmaceutical studies entry on it) and possibly some other chemicals but it is unknown what chemicals are in morning glory vine

its funny while morning glory is a unidentified it has soooo many trip reports (NOT including the seeds lsa has nothing to do with this) and bindweed while partially identified has nothing

which is why I'm conducting this to see peoples report and hope fully give this public attention as a possible new way to trip and identify possible problems

if your willing to try it then eat the vine flower and leaves raw (DO NOT BOIL it seems to destroy the constituents from what iv read) or with morning glory vine (make sure to test the waters then I recommend 2-5 full grown vines)

-Streetcow

It's just the Wikipedia page for Bindweed only suggests possible toxicity if eaten, and Google searches for anything to do with using it recreationally come up blank. Literally, this thread is the top hit. One other, in which it seems Convolvulus arvensis doesn't contain any LSA nor anything psychoactive at all.

Morning Glory is a type of bindweed yeah?

It's just the Wikipedia page for Bindweed only suggests possible toxicity if eaten, and Google searches for anything to do with using it recreationally come up blank. Literally, this thread is the top hit. One other, in which it seems Convolvulus arvensis doesn't contain any LSA nor anything psychoactive at all.

Morning Glory is a type of bindweed yeah?

Hello trozzle

in in answer to it contains nothing psychoactive at all well like I said before the alkaloids above have a high chance for being psychoactive and the rest of the chemicals are completely unknown

also don't knock something until you've tried it it seems to have sedative effects and is a mild euphoriant and also I had some minor visual distortions ( I made a trip report go check it out by search bindweed trip report!)

in in terms of toxicity I have experienced no side effects except feeling tired the next morning after use Iv eat up to 20 full grown long vines and I'm here writing this not dead

-Streetcow

Hello

Well Iv been smoking dried leaves (mixed with some flowers and stem) from the bindweed and seem to have same effects each time

(sedative, photosensitivity (light is soooooo much brighter to the point where it can hurt at times and your eyes feel blissful in the dark), mild disassociation (I think that may just be placebo I'm gonna need more research because from what I can tell its mechanism of action shouldn't do that), lethargy,and when smoked a head rush but less strong than amphetamines when Done through IV or when smoked)

the only other thing iv noticed so far is a reasonable urge to redose after having a small ziplock bags worth of the dried leaves other than that no side effects and such (I did feel a slight throbbing in the head but nothing more and only once)

and its felt pretty good very relaxing and the hangover only seems to be moderate and short lasting headaches

-Streetcow

Hey streetcow,
although I'm pretty sure you don't visit this site anymore, I wanted everyone to know that I will also be undertaking this bindweed experience. I will try smoking it and eating it and will create a trip report after the fact! So, any curious will be able to see it on my profile in a few days. I'm not sure how many people are really interested in doing this but since I was and would really have appreciated more resources, I figure this can't be a bad thing.

May get more hits calling it Morning Glory Vine, instead of the common name Field Bindweed. It is called Bind weed because it gets caught in crop harvesters and binds the spinners, a real piss off for farmers. This project is worthy, just consider a possible title change.
You’d probably have an appreciable response with Morning Glory.

Welcome, Pistachiopants!
Enjoy, but do your due diligence and read about the side effects of morning glory seeds, or ergaloids in general. Not knowing you, I am just concerned by your phrase “it can’t be a bad thing,” and would encourage a designed approach of small testing and gradual increasing (titration). These compounds have surprised me on a few occasions, just sayin’.

The only variety of Morning Glory that I am aware is psychoactive is "Heavenly Blue" and "Pearly Gates". One has to consume hundreds of seeds for one dose and the effect is accompanied by a fair bit of nausea.

The Morning Glory is not the same as what the O P is posting about.

Last edited:
this is actually quite different from morning glory. I know that while morning glory seeds contain ergaloids which cause hallucinations, this weed actually only doesn't, to my knowledge, contain these. Rather it contains tropane alkaloids, which are found in stuff like Datura and some nightshade. I'm going to take extremely small doses at first, but you are totally right to give out this advice. It may still be hallucinogenic, however I think it wouldn't be for the same reasons Morning Glory is.

I'll be very interested in your results. I haul about 40lbs a month of this shit out of my yard each month, 8 months out of the year...