View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Bindweed experiences

Streetcow

Bluelighter
right now I'm developing A project related to the psychoactive properties of common bindweed (Convolvulus arvensis) I would like others experiences with bindweed including how much of the plant was taken how it was taken and the effects you got from it all reports are appreciated!!!)

I see this tiny morning glory looking vine growing through the grass at the park I take my dog too. I only recently inquired to see if it had the same make up as morning glory. From what I read it is psychoactive, but I don't think there are really too many people that have indulged and made a trip report.

It will be interesting to see if anyone does an extraction, or any type of process of ingesting in some ways and document effects. You may have to do that streetcow. :) I have never found too much info on this, but wouldn't it be nice if the outcome of such experiments was a unique and euphoric LSD like trip that would catch on and be utilized. I don't think it should be overlooked. But someone else has to do it.

I see this tiny morning glory looking vine growing through the grass at the park I take my dog too. I only recently inquired to see if it had the same make up as morning glory. From what I read it is psychoactive, but I don't think there are really too many people that have indulged and made a trip report.

It will be interesting to see if anyone does an extraction, or any type of process of ingesting in some ways and document effects. You may have to do that streetcow. :) I have never found too much info on this, but wouldn't it be nice if the outcome of such experiments was a unique and euphoric LSD like trip that would catch on and be utilized. I don't think it should be overlooked. But someone else has to do it.

actually jackaroe Iv already posted a trip report go check it out!

and as too the extraction it is the same extraction as cocaine since the actives are tropanes (cocaine is also a tropane so a cocaine extraction works miracles on this plant)

also please I encourage you to go out and try the plant and post a report it's not illegal and certainly not dangerous (Iv ate 5-20 full grown vines and I'm very much alive and well)

it it would be great for my research also check out my ethylbenzene research and try that too! You will be helping me and who knows you may find a drug you like

thank you and have a good day!

-Streetcow

Arvensis is field bindweed rather than Calystegia sepium; it related to morning glory but never seen any evidence there is any active ingredients unless someone can direct me to something

Arvensis is field bindweed rather than Calystegia sepium; it related to morning glory but never seen any evidence there is any active ingredients unless someone can direct me to something

I actually have a couple sources including

Wikipedia (go to field bindweed)

and the international journal of pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences (http://www.ijppsjournal.com/Vol4Issue1/3035.pdf)

both are respected sources and my other sources are myself which I have posted a trip report related to bindweed and I am actively looking for other accounts of bindweed tripping

have a good day!

-Streetcow

Do any of these tropanes have a psychedelic effect? Or are they rather psycostimulants?

Do any of these tropanes have a psychedelic effect? Or are they rather psycostimulants?

hello Bigazznugz

In reply to your question I myself am not to sure

due to the large amount of molecules in bindweed including but not limited to: Tropanes,steroids (the regular muscle building kind), flavonoids,alkaloids ect

any number of these could interact and effect it

but in terms of my experience Iv had effects such as: sedation,visual distortions,disassociation among other I would say probably not

although the visual distortions I could clearly see (shapes and objects morphing slightly)

I'm not sure about hallucinations since these tropanes are reputable for being indistinguishable from reality and to truly test I'm going to need more research and time

Of course I can speed this up with your participation I urge you to try it and see for yourself wether it is psychoactive and give me the report

if it is I can give this knowledge to the public and add one more drug to the roster that people try and due to its avalibility it would be absolutely wonderful as an inexpensive way to get safely fucked up :)

thanks and have a good day!

-Streetcow

I could have sworn that bindweed had LSA's? I am not positive but there are other posts about bindweed here at BL. I can't say for sure, so more research has to be done by me.

Streetcow, I'd love to read your trip report. I am looking for it now. Thanks for all the info. Today was the first day I heard they contain tropanes so I have for sure been unsure of the psychoactive contents.

Last edited:
I could have sworn that bindweed had LSA's? I am not positive but there are other posts about bindweed here at BL. I can't say for sure, so more research has to be done by me.

Streetcow, I'd love to read your trip report. I am looking for it now. Thanks for all the info. Today was the first day I heard they contain tropanes so I have for sure been unsure of the psychoactive contents.

Hello again jackaroe!

In in terms of lsa's I have not heard this while it is still possibility due to the fact it's closely related to morning glory but also take in mind it's only morning glory seeds that contain the Lsa

i may buy a simple drug testing kit extract the seed and Ariel compounds and test it to see if it has any in it but it may take awhile

As for the tropanes there is clear evidence of the tropanes being there trust me on that look at some of the sources I have provided and you will see some of the evidence there

also thank you for putting time in to see my trip report I would love feed back

thanks again and I hope to see you again soon jack

-Streetcow

Hello

Well Iv been smoking dried leaves (mixed with some flowers and stem) from the bindweed and seem to have same effects each time

(sedative, photosensitivity (light is soooooo much brighter to the point where it can hurt at times and your eyes feel blissful in the dark), mild disassociation (I think that may just be placebo I'm gonna need more research because from what I can tell its mechanism of action shouldn't do that), lethargy,and when smoked a head rush but less strong than amphetamines when Done through IV or when smoked)

the only other thing iv noticed so far is a reasonable urge to redose after having a small ziplock bags worth of the dried leaves other than that no side effects and such (I did feel a slight throbbing in the head but nothing more and only once)

and its felt pretty good very relaxing and the hangover only seems to be moderate and short lasting headaches

-Streetcow

I actually have a couple sources including

Wikipedia (go to field bindweed)

and the international journal of pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences (http://www.ijppsjournal.com/Vol4Issue1/3035.pdf)

both are respected sources and my other sources are myself which I have posted a trip report related to bindweed and I am actively looking for other accounts of bindweed tripping

have a good day!

-Streetcow

Ah ok thanks, I stand corrected. I wondered if there had been a confusion with 'morning glorys' with some - certainly this would be the case with LSA - no need to suspect that at present. LSA appears in some related plants - these are related by family not by genus or species and even at species level biochemical compostiton can be wildly different with plants.

the chemistry/active seems to be tropanone and/or possibly 2 others; you mention sedation. It is just possible it’sdeleriant at some dose but we need more reports = quite curious such a common active plant has escaped attention (largely) - could you describe your dose better - when you say '15-20 full grown vines’ that could if taken literally mean 40meters of plant material - I am guessing you mean some smaller part or an extraction from a lot of plant material

Ah ok thanks, I stand corrected. I wondered if there had been a confusion with 'morning glorys' with some - certainly this would be the case with LSA - no need to suspect that at present. LSA appears in some related plants - these are related by family not by genus or species and even at species level biochemical compostiton can be wildly different with plants.

the chemistry/active seems to be tropanone and/or possibly 2 others; you mention sedation. It is just possible it’sdeleriant at some dose but we need more reports = quite curious such a common active plant has escaped attention (largely) - could you describe your dose better - when you say '15-20 full grown vines’ that could if taken literally mean 40meters of plant material - I am guessing you mean some smaller part or an extraction from a lot of plant material

ummm no not 40 meters

I guess I should have explained my does better I'm mostly getting samples from my backyard and have been growing bindweed since also drying and smoking it maybe once or twice every two weeks and observing effects for placebo (so far the biggest indicator of it not being placebo is the head rush you can get which can be ENORMOUS)

so on to the dose full grown vines can vary in my yard so instead ill say a couple rulers worth of vine chewed/smoked

also once I have isolated and confirmed some of the active ingredients I will be injecting them and seeing the effects

yes it is VERY overlooked thats a big goal in my research is to find drugs in common plants/common sources that can potentially change the world

what I'm looking for is on a scale I devised where the plants potency,growing status (the more weedy it is the better so right now I'm looking mainly at noxious weeds)

,legal status(I'm looking almost exclusively at unheard of or overlooked plants that are weedy to the point where the government wouldn't be be abled to control the drug and it would be very easy to obtain for users of the drug)

,possibility of placebo/toxicity (the more possibility the less the drug gets as a score)

,and availability each will be judge by a group of people then each score is taken added together and divided by the number of categories but for the placebo (and toxicity) we add 1 more divisor for each two point on the scale of ten plants scoring 5 and higher are further considered and if it passes the test I start trying to market it and spread the word about the plant

in terms of reports so far no participants on bluelight have surfaced which is quite a shame Iv gotten positive results from friends who have tried it and thats it I'm thinking of personally emailing people about it and gathering reports

thank you for taking interest sir ron pib it is much appreciated

-Streetcow

@ street cow

The sages are much more likely to produce worthwhile compounds. I'm working with those ATM, with some surprisingly strong effects (particularly from salvia nemorosa and Russian sage). They're definitely worth trying given their ubiquitous nature.
I'm also trying to figure out if Mirabilis Multiflora. This one has me stumped. It's the only supposed entheogen without effects of any kind in my assays (well spaced and slowly titrated due to unknown toxicity) so far have resulted in nothing. Not even placebo.