• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Bill Murray, past, present and future

Speed King

Bluelighter
I just got turned on to Bill Murray in his present dramatic roles. Rock the Kasbah was IMO, an excellent film. His roles in films like Rushmore, The Grand Budapest Hotel and now currently watching St Vincent, are all deep and dramatic. Not as dramatic as Caddyshack ;), but excellent none the less. What are some excellent works of his in your opinions?

I just finished St Vincent. Great, deep, movie. This guy is a great actor. Does anyone have any input on this actor or what do you think of any of his other works?

Last edited:
image-25346516.jpg

Yea. that's it. He has however developed as an actor. I don't know why I'm just noticing him now. I'm sure there is stuff of his that I have not noticed yet.^^this picture makes him look like he is in a more serious role.

Last edited:
one of my favorite actors. i always think he's recently deceased. had to check myself with wiki upon seeing "future."

i think he's best utilized by wes anderson. not present and not as good as Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas ('98), but Where the Buffalo Roam is worth watching i you haven't seen it.

"Where the buffalo roam"
Bill murray plays hunter s. Thompson and peter boyle plays oscar zeta acosta.
Hes also in multiple jim jarmusch films including "coffee and cigarettes" where his scene is opposite of RZA and GZA...

"Yowe dwinkin too much coffee biwl muwwy"
Hehehe... RZA kinda sounds like a five year old when hes not spittin

one of my favorite actors. i always think he's recently deceased. had to check myself with wiki upon seeing "future."

i think he's best utilized by wes anderson. not present and not as good as Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas ('98), but Where the Buffalo Roam is worth watching i you haven't seen it.

All I read was,

"Blahblahblah Lost in Translation blahblahblah."

I have yet to watch Where The Buffalo Roam from what I have seen the role he played as Hunter S. Thompson fits him just right because he is a nut and witty person like Hunter S. Thompson was (but not as nutty as Thompson of course). I grew up watching What About Bob? and who doesn't love Ghostbuster? Bill Murray in my opinion is onoe of the best actors to live with all the humor, laughs, tears, and smiles he has brought to us.

Ghostbusters still remains my favourite comedy of all time.

Instead of getting stuck on a specific part of his career, I think I will put this on shuffle. Groundhog Day/ Lost in Translation. I want to see Where the Buffalo Roam soon, but mix it up a bit otherwise. Great ideas. Must watch the Gostbusters movies again.

His roles in Wes Anderson films are so amazing, St. Vincent was also very good. He never ceases to show he can perform well as he's progressed over the years, I also cannot wait to read the book about him. He's almost reached 100 roles (80 right now.)

Here is to 80 more, as long as he's cool with it. He'll be in Wes Andersons films and off the wall artsy films. He's a dramatic actor now. I wan to see him get deep dramatic roles. I'm looking for more out of this guy.

I loved Bill Murray in What About Bob? I just remember laughing so hard the first time I saw that movie. I almost peed my pants!