• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Biking Nerds Unite

Went over twice in the forest a couple weeks ago. Back out a few times but I’ve been reluctant to go hard since.

Haven’t been out w/in the past week since being diagnosed with a hernia (been in a bit of a bender).

Hoping I’ll be able to stick to my goal (stop this tail spin, by the weekend) and get back to exercise and my bike ride tomorrow.

I bought this beauty yesterday:

file.php

Just got to remember how to ride the bloody thing now😁

My bike is what helped me quit smoking cigarettes and helping with coming off methadone
I'm in a place with trails through the woods so it's nice with nature and no cars

Been back at it myself
Avging 3 rides a week on the trails. Not too long, maybe 20-40 min. Getting easier

Running a few times too
Stretches and such on the off days

couple months ago i severely sprained my ankle twice in a few days (possibly due to 1,4b). in result, i’ve been off of running and recently got to the point where i can bike without a brace. so i’ve been at it as well. feels good.

i’ve changed plenty of flats but yesterday was my first time putting new tires on a bike. i looked for a valve hole in the tire. when i couldn’t find one, figured they left the tire unpunched so you could decide between a schrader or presta vlave. somehow i felt this punch would go in the tread of the tire. i googled “bicycle valve punch” and wondered if i could just cut an x with my pocket knife instead of going to a bike shop to buy a new tool. then i youtubed how to make the hole in my tire.

dead sober.

my father did another 30-mile ride with me today. average speed 17.4mph. impressed with him.

he leads going out; i lead going in. dude does not ride a straight line when he leads. makes me crazy nervous.

road 30 miles in the ice cold today. when i was starting another cyclist asked me, “are you crazy?” told them no more than s/he is.

after cardio becomes a part of your life, temperatures are no longer a deterrent.

I think I've been overdressing at times and then getting cold because I get too sweaty and then have to stop somewhere (like in traffic). Still trying to figure out how to dress for longer rides. lol

^ill post my chicago workout winter outfit soon. the good stuff is pricey. i only buy one of each piece — so i look the same everyday working out but who cares about that — and dont worry about smell ‘cause i ride alone and shower immediately after.

i guess the clothes get gross in your apartment, but i hang them so they air out in the furthest closet and close the door.

Last edited: