• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Biking Nerds Unite

Here you go, hydro =)

lR3U1JCh.jpg

And thanks for your enthusiasm in this thread, too, it's really been a big factor motivating me to try get into cycling. I've been struggling a lot to get into it, partly 'cause I'm just super unfit and never really had exercise as a part of my life before, and also because I'm anxious as hell around people, so negotiating people on the bike paths, or traffic on the road, is a bit of a nightmare for me. I've been doing about a 12 mile loop every day for the last couple of weeks though, and happy to say the anxiety is starting to subside and I guess I'm getting a little fitter, because the last few days I've been able to push pretty hard on the way home, and spent the second half of my rides feeling pretty fucking great.

Sorry to hear things are rough for you at the moment, hope there's at least some bright moments here and there. Stay safe out there.

that is an awesome bike. it's like the mountain version of my city bike. that you for posting. it is a great look bike.

things go rough for everyone sometimes. i will make it (or not, which means i had a good life and it was time). it means a lot to me you saying that.

Last edited:
A little late, but here's one of the 2 of my most precious possessions.

And a sunset I saw yesterday whilst cruising

It's especially handy working a dense metropolitan area. No parking issues, no fu cost. Just gotta CONSTANTLY be wearly of would be theives.

Its got 800 km on it. Another 1200 and its paud for itself and then some

My clapped out push scooter. It will be motorized this year, I have an old bedframe made of 1/4 inch thick angle iron I could use to mount a gas engine. Would need more Saftey equipment and better brakes, but she'll fucking spin yet

It must be so much fun being able to cycle around town and potentially have the roads all to yourself during this lockdown.
Definitely going to get a bike once I'm feeling better after coming off the opiates starting from Thursday. It's got to be better riding than sitting around watching TV all day.

I rode today just to get some fresh fucking air, and coincidentally decided to take acid at 9 am. And yes, having the roads essentially to yourself in a central metropolitan area was surreal. Then + Acid. It was a really scifi sensation. It's like, you're almost the only person at a red light on a MONDAY at 10 AM downtown.

Always something is fuckey when downtown is quiet. To be literally the only person at a light downtown at 10 AM is un-heard of.

Last edited:

My clapped out push scooter. It will be motorized this year, I have an old bedframe made of 1/4 inch thick angle iron I could use to mount a gas engine. Would need more Saftey equipment and better brakes, but she'll fucking spin yet

Are those rock climbing shoes in the back?

Fuck yes they are haha. The original reason for their purchase was to do semi truck pull events in strongman shows. Regular shoes would literally peel apart and newbies would try to finish the pull when their shoes would come off, resulting in lost skin on the feet and not finishing the event. An empty logging truck weighs around 15000 Kg, so that kind of training required high performance footwear that is built for extreme force, enter the climbing shoes!

Nowadays, I use them for climbing, those strongman days were some of the best days of my life, the memories, pictures and videos definitely make me miss being that strong, but it took every dime, every hour and every ounce of my energy to reach and maintain that level of body mass and strength. I've finally made peace with my aging body and am happy being a normal ish 30 yr old hasbeen. It's funny that the shoes actually came in handy for what they're supposed to be for, later on in life. Probably one of the most versatile 85$ I've ever spent!

got a gravel bike last year late.

finally started to get comfortable in the drops

some great roads and trails around, ive been loving the rides i get in

gravel bikes look cool.

32.5 miles today. on the hybrid because i’m scared of my road bike now.
Gravel bikes are just road geo Hybrids.

I flipped over my handlebars going down a drumlin but I landed in a bush unscathed other than scratches.

personal best today (on this trail, with an upright bike) with 16.4 mph average over 32.5 miles.

close to over smashing my face and want my road bike now. unfortunately it’s far away. that’s fine. another week or two of getting comfortable.