• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Biking Nerds Unite

My dads old. His balance is fading as he ages. He's designed some balancing exercises to help him regain them. He says he gets better as the day progresses.

He does them on a bike in a parking lot. He knows of trials and wants a trials bike.

images

these are pretty good for balance training. not too expensive either.

What should I use for rim tape? To prevent the tube from going into the holes and popping?
I like the harder plastic kind because they don't use glue which melts in the high heat sometime.

Does Walmart have any good rim strips? Bell brand is usually a quality products

Some bike pron from 1995z
Dyno Slammer non-team model.

At this time Dave Mirras cousin was riding Haro. I liked what gt/dyno had to offer.

never got into it. couple kids in the neighborhood were always stealing 'em though. we did have some little bike trails and a pretty cool natural half pipe that we would try and do tricks off of.

Yes, I'm in a new area on the Gulf of Mexico. The soil is sandy but there are scenic bike paths complete with exotic animals. Beautiful, remote yet developed and well taken care of. There are so many biker:kayak friendly bats that sell $1 draft beers. Probaly went on 10 trips. Humid as fuck though. A 100oz camelback is a must.

Yes, I'm in a new area on the Gulf of Mexico. The soil is sandy but there are scenic bike paths complete with exotic animals. Beautiful, remote yet developed and well taken care of. There are so many biker:kayak friendly bats that sell $1 draft beers. Probaly went on 10 trips. Humid as fuck though. A 100oz camelback is a must.

That sounds badass! What kind of bike(s) do you ride currently?

I posted in this thread a long time ago I think. I still have the same bike from when I posted. It has served me well all these years. I ride road bikes for leisure and training purposes. I have a carbon fiber 2010 Trek Madone 4.5, 56cm. Mostly stock parts except for a few. I have Forte Titan rims with Gatorskin wheels which are really awesome tires for training and commuting. I have a Specialized carbon fiber/Ti saddle. Stainless Speedplay Zero peddles which are clipless but are some of the best I've ever used. I only use these now. They are lightweight, and round disc shaped with about 1/2" thickness. They are so smooth and easy to clip into and to release. I also have some aluminum PRO Series handlebars that I'm not sire which brand they are.

Who else rides road bikes or competes in races? My dad got me into road bicycling, he used to race category 2 and was in terrific shape. Any old school BMX racers? My brother was the one who was big into BMX. He got really good and made alot of friends who rode too. Some of them got really good and went on to go pro. Eddie Cleveland is one guy we were friends with but he moved to Cali and started riding for F-It. My brother and his buddies are the ones who built Solame, a well known dirt trail in our area. If you ever watched BMX videos than you have seen Solame. It's a really secluded area and there is a 2nd area next to the river that has really really big dirt jumps. Very tight runs and the jumps are real tall with tight trannys. They are called the Speedbumps cuz of their size and there is a street sign nailed to a tree that says "Speedbumps" lol.

It would be cool to hear from anyone who has raced or competed.

My bike. Custom 2010 Jamis.
I have a few thousand into it.
It's more reliable than something cheaper and very easy to maintain every season.
I have to watch the frame with my heavy body weight though. I've had to replace part of the frame because it cracked very badly while abusing the bike.

I love it, but I stick to ones with Engines in so not too healthy ;)

XS1100E Chopper.jpg

Last edited:
Get your pic someplace where it belongs.
It's really out of place and makes no sense. No one will respond. Bluelight doesn't have a motorcycle thread anymore

Get your pic someplace where it belongs.
It's really out of place and makes no sense. No one will respond. Bluelight doesn't have a motorcycle thread anymore

Only a bit of fun but you must be one of those fucking militant cyclists who thinks that every other road user should bow down before them....pfft!

He's honestly probably just been up for over 48 hours on dat meth.

I found the humor in your post and it's a cool hobby.

Beags current setup uses dot5 fluid for hydraulic brakes so he basically has a motor vehicle