• HEALTH &
    RECOVERY
    🌼 Welcome Guest 🌼
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • H&R Moderators: chinup | JessFR
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Biking Nerds Unite

nice bike, Wizard. you ride it on mountains?
Unfortunately, I live in Ohio, where there are no mountains. I do have really good bike trails in the park near me. It’s one of the reasons I bought my house where I did. My car was in the shop for a few months, and I had to use that bike as transportation. It’s a good bike, thank you!

—Wizard

my 60-year-old pops biked 32.5 miles with me today.
That’s awesome, adrenaline feels fantasic after that ride. I’m 41 and it still hurts hitting the trails after 5 miles down and 5 up. Asking my dad to do that. He would say “sure let me grab my Harley”. He cheats, but has a great bike for the Cincinnati hills.

Good for you and your pops!

—Wizard

tired of crap

Bluelighter
Went over twice in the forest a couple weeks ago. Back out a few times but I’ve been reluctant to go hard since.

Haven’t been out w/in the past week since being diagnosed with a hernia (been in a bit of a bender).

Hoping I’ll be able to stick to my goal (stop this tail spin, by the weekend) and get back to exercise and my bike ride tomorrow.

Kara Kava

Bluelighter
My bike is what helped me quit smoking cigarettes and helping with coming off methadone
I'm in a place with trails through the woods so it's nice with nature and no cars

tired of crap

Bluelighter
Been back at it myself
Avging 3 rides a week on the trails. Not too long, maybe 20-40 min. Getting easier

Running a few times too
Stretches and such on the off days

hydroazuanacaine

bluelighter
couple months ago i severely sprained my ankle twice in a few days (possibly due to 1,4b). in result, i’ve been off of running and recently got to the point where i can bike without a brace. so i’ve been at it as well. feels good.