Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

big ppl and pills

Redscout

Bluelighter
I've been taking ecstacy for a while and my boyfriend is very curious at trying it. It's not that he wants to get into the scene, but he really worries about me when i do take it (he's never there coz he likes his beer and pub bands and HATES the drug/techno/dance scene) and wants a certain level of understading so he won't worry so much.

The thing is, is that's he's clinically obese. He's just over 6ft and weighs about 150 kgs. He also has high blood pressure.

I know medically that him taking anything is incredibly unsafe and stupid, (and it is for us small people too) but i have also seen heaps of people at raves and clubs etc about the same size as him having a great time.

What do you guys think? Do you guys know any large people that do amphetamines? Is it harder on them etc? I'd like to know as much as possible before telling him he can't do it ;) (How hypocritical does that sound:\ )

no , no , no NO ( DON'T DO IT ) obviously if he is clinically obese he has been in poor physical shape for an extended period of time. IF you take his poor physical state & add high blood pressure into the mix your turning your boyfriend into a ticking ( peaking ) time bomb.

besides , does this look like a "test your limits" site? In the interest of harm reduction i wouldn't even think about it.

I wouldn't recommend him taking pills with high blood pressure, being his first time it could be dangerous. But I definately do recommend him having ecstacy at some point in the future, preferably when he was in better physical condition, what a lucky bastard though....I wish I could experience E like I did the first time

Definatley if he's clinically obese then his heart shouldn't be put through that.
He would be harming himself and quite possibley others. All it would take is for him to suffer a heart attack and fall over,quite possibley landing on a small child or person and rendering them unable to move under 150kgs.
Think about it!
Though I'm 180cm and about 115kgs. I find pills have no worse than normal bad effects on my rather large body. But everybody is different I know.

Chill Corsto. I'm with you guys on this!!! The last thing i want to do is kill someone i love. I know that it's way too dangerous and i never wanted him to do it.

I guess i should have made myself a little clearer.

I just really wanted to know about big people *in general* with amphetamines. Like, how do they pull up etc. how do they survive. Coz I've seen them out there and it's a little rude to go up to a stranger and ask them abut their weight, even if they are on drugs! ;)

He's picked me up from a few raves etc so he's seen big people there as well, which is his argument for 'just testing even a half'.

If you guys are particularly damming toward the subject, i'll just get him to read the thread and it'll hopefully dissuade him from doing it. Mind you he's started to lose weight: diet, gym etc.

My Innerself: I agree with what you say. We're off to Europe next year and from what i hear you can have a good time for not much money... Let's see if he's healthy then.

I'm not a dr or anything but the 2 things i see wrong with the situation are his high blood pressure as other ppl have said and also if his heart is already under some strain from not being the most fit person. I'm not a very fit person myself and after a big night out i often get sharp pains in my heart area, not quite sure what its from but plan on giving up pills and amphetamines soon due to this. On another note he probably shouldn't be drinking with a high blood pressure either, its really up to him, he knows his body the best

a) Your partner can enjoy MDMA just as well in a pub chilling out with a few beers...its not simply a drug for techno and dance parties.

b) The blood pressure issue, well its all about risk management. Why not research remedies for lowering blood pressure.

It sounds like he might have some unresolved psychological issues hence the obesity. Ironically it might just be the MDMA that could help him remove mental constipation in his mind and thus allow him to focus and see his issues in a new light

c) If he was to do it why not make a deal that he has to low his pressure by a X points and ensure that when you do pop that you begin at a low dose and do not go dancing (i.e. avoid exterting himself, heat etc)…A night at home with candles, some cruisy music, hot water bottles and interesting things to see and do will make a great atmosphere for exploring one’s inner child.

Lastly try and avoid pills with speed hence a tester will come in handy to ensure you consuming pills with the primary ingredient of MDMA.

how high is his blood presure as I use to have high blood presure but it's fallen to lower levels now mine use to be 150/ 90 with out the pil on while rolling it went to 180/110 I tested my self so if his is realy high already I would'nt rocomend it but I did take pills when I had high blood presure

I think it is hard to generalise. Certainly there may be health issues with regards to size, but size does not necessarilly dictate how much a drug will affect someone. I am very small (under 60 kilos) yet I seem to have a very high tollerance, yet my old boss (who I introduced to pills) was well over double my size and he would get absolutly smashed off a couple of pills.

Well I figure he's going to end up taking it regardless. So let's try and minimise the harm.

Firstly why doesn't he start doing some light exercise for a month before trying it. This well get the ole ticker used to ticking again, and it won't do him any harm to get out and go for a walk every day anyway.

Finally maybe try some blackmore's Executive stress tablets. Even if it's just a placebo, it's better then nothing.

Finally think and then re-think every action. And then double the safety margin. The last thing you want on your consious is for complications to arise and he ends up dead.
And if things do go wrong don't fuck around and call an ambulance. They won't charge you if you turn up with someone that needs medical attention. But if he dies they can charge you with man slaughter.

Oh and I forgot to add. Try only doing quarters ever half hour. Gently ease into it.

spacemonkey69 said:
I think it is hard to generalise. Certainly there may be health issues with regards to size, but size does not necessarilly dictate how much a drug will affect someone. I am very small (under 60 kilos) yet I seem to have a very high tollerance, yet my old boss (who I introduced to pills) was well over double my size and he would get absolutly smashed off a couple of pills.

I think it also depnds on how high your tolerance is anyway. I generally have 4 when i go out for a night (i know...), but yet my bro will only need 2. I'm only small myself.

Thanks for the advice guys!!! At least i know what precautions to take if when he decides to do it. I've explained what the dangers are to him and he understands. IF he decides to do it (and trust me, i'm not going to encourage him. I think it's best people make up their own mind about drugs), i'll know what precautions to take.

Hurray for bluelighters! :D

when i first started taking pills i was 180cm and 140 kgs...
um i guess that i found it rather interesting on my body the fact that i could be active for so much longer, but in saying this i was very uneducated about drugs at the time, if i was that size now i' dprob think twice about having a bender.......

atm im 180- cm 100kgs and i seem to be recovering orright still, mind you i do pre/postload different things and "i dont flog a dead horse" when the nights over its over for me.. mabey i just like bed too much these days:)

i knew someone who is obese ~150kgs/185 cm.
he took it without problem, but it would never last more than 1.5hrs (for a rather strong pil).
i wouldn't wanna have a fat person dropping next to me especially if he has a few health issues.
what would you do if something went bad, can you carry him???
will he even have fun???

i personally think he'll be fine, as long as its not a regular occasion . . .

How big of a blood pressure problem are we talking? Mild hypertension, moderate, severe?

I'm a biggish guy 6'4 88kgs and I have a reasonable tolerance but i don't think being "bigger" changes my experiences vastly (although i am of reasonable health). Except those ohh sooo cute kandy kids who will throw the occasional remark your way which sometimes can kinda suck when your just trying to dance badly and have fun :\

im pretty big and one of the things that stopped me from trying amphetamines for a long time was issues about how my body would handle it. and when i made the decision to try different things i made sure i was in a safe environment and that i only took small amounts at the start. if you bf has made up his mind to try it then chugs suggestions would be really usefull (everyone elses too obviously) . i would suggest the first time he tries it get him to only have a half or a quarter, with not much exertion, in a safe and familiar environment. you should be straight the first time he tries it too in case something does go wrong. do all the usual precautions (enough but not too much h2o etc). if he likes it and ends up wanting to do it more, when he is out or whatever, build it up slowly, when im out i have to make sure i stop dancing occasionally and chill for a bit cause you just get too hot and its too much stress on your body. that said i go out a far bit and when i've had amphetamines i have no trouble dancing all night and i've never had any effects worse than a small person. i find i dont need to take higher doses because of my size, and it actuallly tends to last really well for me.

another thing - i normally have a few drinks to start the night, but i wouldnt suggest him drinking much or any alcohol to start with, its all just unneeded added stress on you liver and other major organs.

i reckon he'll be right. u take a big enough risk putting strange pills in your mouth regardless of your weight. if a pill is gunna f*uck you up, it will, regardless of a few extra kilos.