• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Better downer alternative to evening stims?

barry84

Greenlighter
My neighbor talked to me about a problem of his. He mainly has a problem with ritalin and alcohol in the evenings, the stupid Ritalin keeps him up drinking and making his depression/anxiety worse, when he should be chilling and going to bed early and gettting a good sleep.
He needs an alternative that will help him relax and be more chill at night, so he can get some good sleep so he can wake up rested in the morning. He doesn't smoke weed, and can't smoke weed because it makes him insanely paranoid/anxious.

His problem habits are:

Primary:
-Alcohol
-Ritalin (very cheap/at hand)

Second choices:
-MDMA (preference)
-Acid
-Speed
-Benzos, etc.

What's a more harm-reductive alternative to taking uppers at night?

It looks like you aren't enjoying stims at night. Just stop using, you'll sleep like a baby.

HL -> Other Drugs

"Just stop using"
Wow, that's a pretty simple solution isn't it? Good work, "Flyhighk".. 8(

Out of interest, if you have insomnia, why on earth are you taking Ritalin at night?

If you need to use, or somehow enjoy using, Ritalin throughout the day, skip your night/evening/late afternoon dose. If the comedown is stopping you from sleeping, try taking a benzo or Ambien instead of more Ritalin or alcohol.

Last edited:
I agree with everyone else, tell your friend to stop taking stimulants especially at night. If he really wants to get high at night while being chill and able to get some sleep, recommend him some sedatives. Benzo or non benzo. Klonopin, Valium, Xanax, Ambien, Sonata, or I really recommend some good Kava.

After i took the only light bulb from the house and made a bowl i eventualy ran my lighter out, i knew this was a lost battle,so licked my wounds,downed 5ish caps of g,scooped myself out so I wouldn't want to go walking around outside looking for a lighter.