• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc betel nut is a pretty good, eh?

burn out

Bluelighter
I ordered some betel nuts along with my order for aminita muscaria mushroom because they were only $4. I am pleasantly surprised by them. They are a stimulant, a bit like caffeine but more euphoric with shorter duration and less crash. They help you focus and do better at work and they are used in Chinese medicine for assisting with resolving qi energy blockages. They have an energizing and clarifying effect.

yeah but dont you have to take it a lot to get cancer? im not worried about that because its a novelty thing for me. I have only bought them once and i just dont see myself ever spending a significant amount of money on betelnuts lol if I am gonna spend money on drugs it will be on something a bit stronger.

Are they legal in the U.S.?

Do they have any negative interactions with SSRIs or benzos?

The Micronesians really love their betel nuts.. makes their mouth go all black and teeth fall out.. nasty stuff IMO

They are legal in the US and I don't know about interaction but I wouldnt imagine they interact with benzos or SSRIs but I am not sure. Interestingly enough they apparently interact with aminita muscaria, which I find ironic since that's what I ordered them together with. Luckily I never combined them.

And yes they do destroy your mouth and give you cancer but that's only if you do them all the time.

I had these a while back, but never got anything out of them. Glad someone had success with it.

How did you do them? you need to use lime (the mineral not the fruit) in order to activate them properly. Then you put them in your mouth.

I made a sort of betel nut-lime slurry which I held in my mouth for a while (until it was to repulsive to keep in there any more, lol). Maybe got a placebo, but nothing more.

Betel nut? Never heard of it.. sounds pretty nasty IMO but then again I haven't tried it so I won't knock it too much.

also called areca nut in india. always curious about this one, it seemed like at best it would be a substitute for chewing tobacco that would still leave a guy like me (who hates tobacco) feeling dizzy and nauseaus. all it does is anticholinergic type stuff from what i've read. wiki doesn't say much on pharmacodynamics of it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Areca_nut