• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Beta Blockers for Opioid Withdrawal?

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
I normally take about 150mg morphine and 600mg Dihydrocodeine (equivalent 300mg morphine total) and in the last 50+ hours I have had a total of 180mg DHC total....so yeah, I feel like shit. Had the worst night's sleep ever last night. Woke up like every 20 minutes because every muscle in my body was aching so bad and NO position brought any relief.

I have access to some Bisoprosol. Would a beta blocker help with my withdrawal? It blocks adrenaline, right? So that should help calm down my CNS?

Propanolol is a beta blocker and I've had it during withdrawal with as much success as clonidine.

It may help a little, but as for sleep sometimes beta blockers like bisoprolol bother people. May mess with melatonin. Still, probably better having something for the adrenaline.

Coming from a performance route I know people use beta blockers all the time for playing concerts/auditions. Sorry, just thought this was such a funny miscellaneous use of them. It controls heart rate--I'm not sure how much that would help opiate withdrawal though. Gabapentin sounds more effective.