• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc beta-blockers before an interview?

ojaysmoke

Greenlighter
hi guys,

ive got a short 30min telephone interview tomorrow and I sometimes get a bit nervous with these interviews, nothing out of the ordinary though. I usually have some adderall to keep me focused but do experience some mumbled up words.

A friend suggested i try some beta blockers - propranolol - before the interview, has any one had experience with this and if so how effective was it?

also, I usually take adderall before I study most days, since my interview will be in the morning, will it be safe to still have adderall a few hours afterwards?

cheers=D=D=D=D

They can be useful, but I would take it first to see how it effects me before I did an interview on it.

When my dad first started beta-blockers I swear he moved and sounded like he was on a potent benzo. He'd talk real quiet and just generally do everything in a more calm and slowed manner. Even his driving speed significantly decreased. I had to ask wtf they threw him on.

Then he'd drink and jesus it was like he was me on high dosed benzos with that goofy smile and slurred speech.

I have used it. It could greatly help. I was prescribed it when I first started taking IR Adderall. Taken from Wikipedia," Propranolol is used by musicians, actors and public speakers for its ability to treat anxiety symptoms activated by the sympathetic nervous system".
In my opinion, it wouldn't hurt. Propranolol has some side effects like fatigue, but the way you would be using it, I doubt you would notice any.
As mentioned above, it "could" act like a mild benzodiazepine. I have used a couple of different beta blockers and found Propranolol to have the best anti anxiety effect.

I have used it. It could greatly help. I was prescribed it when I first started taking IR Adderall. Taken from Wikipedia," Propranolol is used by musicians, actors and public speakers for its ability to treat anxiety symptoms activated by the sympathetic nervous system".
In my opinion, it wouldn't hurt. Propranolol has some side effects like fatigue, but the way you would be using it, I doubt you would notice any.
As mentioned above, it "could" act like a mild benzodiazepine. I have used a couple of different beta blockers and found Propranolol to have the best anti anxiety effect.

thanks for the help mate.

when you used it with adderall, did you ever take them close to each other and how was it? are there any health issues to consider?

Yes. I believe I took them at the same time. The dose of amphetamine however was therapeutic. In my case not over 60 mg/day for the Adderall which is the recommended max dosage from my PDR and my doctor.

Don't mess with beta blockers they are bad news. It helps with shaky hands and supposedly anxiety. They prescribed it to me and I hated it almost killed me. If you have a small drink of alcohol it'll be horrible and if you have asthma it can almost kill you. Be careful

^^^^^^ I do not believe your comment and am sure you cannot offer any evidence!

The reason I am so convinced is because there is a very popular medication that contains both amobarbital and propranolol which has been used by old and teenagers alike for everything ranging from the obvious insomnia and sedation to cluster headaches, duodenum related pain, and many other blood pressure related problems.

Barbiturates are just different versions of alcohol!

I've never done anything like this before ever since 2002 when I started to post on bluelight!

This piece of shit Beachchick26 is a bukkake gokkun schifosa cum dripping cock sucking cunt of a putana Beachchick26 is a fucking troll fucking piece of shit emo fuck - next time u slice your veins remember to do so vertically not horizontally fucking scumbag piece of shit TROLL

If your not a Troll then you need to SHUT THE FUCK UP because you are polluting this forum with stupid fucking knowledge.

I've taken as much as 125mg amobarbital, 75mg propranolol and 45min-1hr later once they've kicked in had as much as 3-4 shots with even 1-2 beers. I don't drink so this is done specifically to increase amobarbital's effects.

OMG alcohol and amobarbital - all of u that say this or are thinking it, have you ever had a short to intermediate barbiturate (butabital doesn't count)? If you would you would know that a dose of 50mg-75mg can easily be tolerated with alcohol.

Rather the danger of barbiturates especially combined with alcohol was when they marketed the barbiturates in doses of up to 100mg-200mg per pill, in which case 2-3 pills could be anywhere from (200-300mg to 400mg-600mg if Tuinal) along with 2-3 shots rum of course it would be a dangerous mix and that is the reason they got taken off, also because they are water soluble and some people fell down in euphoria before they could take the needle out. That is what gave them the potential for danger! Imagine 1 pill at least 100mg, and as we know us drug addicts don't take drugs by ones, so on a 'starting' dose of 200mg of course there is potential for trouble just with the barbiturate alone.

As far as the rest, regarding propranolol I firmly stand by my comments.

Last edited:
Looks like the OP's Interview has happened, I was put on them and they make physical exercise a lot harder, riding a bike was a hard slog.

I was prescribed propranolol, they help with tremors and shakes etc by lowering your heart rate. They're banned from Olympic sports such as shooting and archery because they steady your hands. Awful for cardiovascular sports mind, as they lower heart rate and slow you down. From.experience, Valium will make you less nervous in interveiws, just dont take too much. slippery slope though, I now have to take them to stop feeling suicidal, withdrawals are awful. Highly addictive.