• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Beta-alanine as a cheap and effective OTC alternative to diazepam

Barney2

Greenlighter
Hello

I have searched long and spent a lot of money by searching of effective OTC altenative to prescribed GABAnergics. And I think, that I have found it. It is snorting of clear powder of beta-alanine. It isn´t surprising as beta-alanine = GABA minus one carbon. The effect come one hour after snorting and is very comparable to the effect of the diazepam. After two hour I feel very sleepy. Effect lasts about four hour.

Snorting of l-arginine is good against headache.

Hey, thanks for sharing and welcome to Bluelight. This isn't really a trip report though so I'm going to move it to OD.

TR -> OD

The amino acid? I've never heard of or read that it has psychoactive effects at all.

Beta-alanine is GABAa receptor agonist with almost the same power als GABA itslef. See this pic. http://jn.physiology.org/content/jn/85/5/1847/F6.large.jpg?width=800&height=600 In addition it is also GAT3 inhibitor. It means that after it reach brain it enhance the action of original GABA. But all literature says that beta-alanine doesn't cross Blood brain barriere. According to my experience in the case of nasal ingestion it crosses.

Phenibut is another one. It is a different experience to benzos but IMO it is more recreational. While benzos will have you out of it and a bit retarded phenibut is stimulating and euphoric while also producing anti-anxiety effects. It reacts to the GABAb receptors rather than GABAa hence the difference in effects. It's classed as a supplement in most places so it's easy to find online. You can just buy it on eBay.

I tried phenibut many times and went up to a really high dose and never felt anything except rebound anxiety a day or two later.

So is this Beta-Alanine stuff available in US drug stores?What is it sold as(dietary supplement,vitamin,etc...)?About how much does it cost and how much do you take?Finally,what would happen if you snorted a proper dose while eating some Xanax or other benzo?This has me intrigued to say the least so please answer!!!

I snort as much as my nose is able to accept. It is about 500 mg to 1 gram. In theory, when beta-alanine is GABA agonist and reuptake inhibitor, it should multiply the effect of another GABAnergics like zolpidem and diazepam. So I would be very carefull to combine it and start with a very little dose.

I buy 100 gram beta-alanine for 5 USD. There are great differnces in price among sellers. So search the web and you will find the cheapest supplier. It is usually shop, which sell another pure amino acide like l-arginine, glutamate. I didnt try combination of beta alanine with another substance so I would first start with pure beta-alanine.

is this for real?

story time

so my friend is into weight lifting and supplements etc and i don't know how, but he found out that if you give someone like 5 grams of beta alanine they'll start to feel super itchy

we're at his house and he offered me some ginger ale, i drank it (tasted kind of flat but i didn't say anything) - then like 15 minutes later it feels like there's bugs or ants on his couch. basically anywhere that my body was touching the couch, i'd be super itchy / tingling. Eventually had to just stand up and wait until the effects wore off

Haha it was a funny joke which I still have to get him back for (thinking about putting shrooms in some of his tea -- might be a bit overboard though)

I think I had to stand up for about 20 minutes? Until the tingles went away enough to sit back down without much annoyance / discomfort

^^^^ Back in the day when I was into bodybuilding I cycled a supplement consisting mainly of beta alanine and it always made me itch as well. This was before I ever did any drug for recreation and lifting weights was my high. Might not be the same today. Would like to start exercising again just not as strict as before.

the thread title has to be a joke, wtf, beta alanine can increase indurance and best used with taurine and probably creatine for athletic, endurance, bodybuilding. It is used in many 'pre workout' supplements and can cause a tingling in the hands sensation I have felt when had a decent dose. It is not psychoactive and and relation of effects to a benzodiazepine is ridiculous.

if going down this line of enquiring phenibut is the one to consider I suppose

Beta-alanine is the only naturally occurring beta-amino acid - the amino group is at the 3-position from the carboxylate group. It is formed in vivo by the degradation of dihydrouracil and carnosine. It is a component of the naturally occurring peptides carnosine and anserine and also of pantothenic acid (Vitamin B-5) which itself is a component of coenzyme A. Under normal conditions, beta-alanine is metabolized into acetic acid. Since neuronal uptake and neuronal receptor sensitivity to beta-alanine have been demonstrated, the compound may be a false transmitter replacing gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA). A rare genetic disorder, hyper-beta-alaninemia, has been reported.

Hyperbetaalaninemia is a very rare metabolic condition. Hyperbetaalaninemia refers to the build-up of protein building blocks, called beta amino acids, in the body. The excess beta amino acids are neurotoxic to the body. Signs and symptoms of hyperbetaalaninemia include convulsions (rapid and uncontrollable shaking), lethargy, and encephalopathy. Hyperbetaalaninemia is thought to be due to a loss of a functional form of the enzyme, beta-alanine-alpha-ketoglutarate transaminase. Treatment with oral pyridoxine was demonstrated to be helpful in one case.[1]

Beta-alanine has been shown to enhance muscular endurance. Many people report being able to perform one or two additional reps in the gym when training in sets of 8–15 repetitions. Beta-alanine supplementation can also improve moderate- to high-intensity cardiovascular exercise performance, like rowing or sprinting.
When beta-alanine is ingested, it turns into the molecule carnosine, which acts as an acid buffer in the body. Carnosine is stored in cells and released in response to drops in pH. Increased stores of carnosine can protect against diet-induced drops in pH (which might occur from ketone production in ketosis, for example), as well as offer protection from exercise-induced lactic acid production.
Large doses of beta-alanine may cause a tingling feeling called paresthesia. It is a harmless side effect.

Last edited: