• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Best Way to Use Suboxone/Subutex to Detox

You are not an idiot, its just there is no easy or pleasant way to come off heroin. There's just.. easier ways than super shit ways.

Yeah, never really understood that, the shit tastes like artificial orange flavor. Big fucking deal.
You are not an idiot, its just there is no easy or pleasant way to come off heroin. There's just.. easier ways than super shit ways.

I guess a couple benzos and a lot of weed can speed up the stress and desolate place i am in. My habit got so bad this time. It must have been cut with fent or methadone and i never noticed. Heroin is a son of a bitch. The worst part is i kept it secret this time around so i have no one to talk to but the internet. But yall are loving people and i am going to donate to bl. This place is magic. Its just so hard to keep telling family and friends that you are an addict/junky. Even though they probably know you are using and in denial.

Update- I went with my crazy fast taper method.16mg down to 8mg the next day, then 4mg, 2,g 1mg, etc.. that days after. I am now at 0.5 and using xanax. I am feeling great and still haven't used heroin. Thanks for all of your support. Much love.

Looking for any updates on successfully detoxing using subs. I have been using hydro 10mg up to 10x daily ( sometimes more) for the last couple years. Doc is no longer treating chronic pain as I am forced to detox. I have been wanting to for a very long time, just have been dreading the horrible pain that comes along with wd. I have a few 8mg sub tabs and was thinking about doing 5-6 day tapper starting with the lowest possible dose. Probably start 2 and if that doesn't work then increase until we are manageable. Would love to hear input or updates from anyone. I start tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Looking for any updates on successfully detoxing using subs. I have been using hydro 10mg up to 10x daily ( sometimes more) for the last couple years. Doc is no longer treating chronic pain as I am forced to detox. I have been wanting to for a very long time, just have been dreading the horrible pain that comes along with wd. I have a few 8mg sub tabs and was thinking about doing 5-6 day tapper starting with the lowest possible dose. Probably start 2 and if that doesn't work then increase until we are manageable. Would love to hear input or updates from anyone. I start tomorrow. Wish me luck.
I would start with no more then 2 mg per day of buprenorphine and taper down to 0.25 mg over a 7 day period. Near the end try skipping days. So one day you take a tiny dose and then you wait 48 hours to take another small dose.

I am on Day 7, in prep for this I have been walking daily get in the exercise and also daily vitamins.
So far here is were I am at
Day 1 2mg waited 90min and was still hurt so I took another
day 2 2mg felt good
Day 3 2mg felt good
Day 3 1mg felt good
Day 4 1 mg felt good
Day 5 .5mg felt okay
Day 6 tried to not take anything and was hurting so I took .5mg still had let pain all day but barely made it with bath and lorazepam
Day 7( today) I tried to skip today and my legs were hurting really bad, feeling restless and Anxious so I took .5mg. 30 mins later I took another. 5mg. That was a few mins ago.

So now I'm scared for what tomorrow will hold. What should I do? Thoughts? The leg pain, jitters, restless leg, and a little teary eye this morning has me feeling discouraged.

I am preparing to do a suboxone detox at home. I have tapered down to 16mg of dilaudid a day. I had to go to the street to get the suboxone and I think I may have a solid line on it.

It will depend on how much I can afford of suboxone to determine the math. But I will get down to 0.125mg for the last 3 to 5 days. I looked into using another substances when the cravings. I got a script for medical weed 4 months ago to try it. I have never been much of a drug user not even booze. About 2 weeks ago I tried taking meth orally to see what it was like. To be honest I don't get it. The only type of drugs I have used and would use again after getting of the Pills is LSD or Mushrooms.

What I am going to do is prepare some gell caps and put a few different things in them. They will have vitamins, some antacid and of course an active ingredient like ground mushrooms or LSD. These I will use when I am feeling overwhelmed and have a craving that I can't control. I was reading some stuff on BL about tweaker seeing shit and hearing shit and I thought wow if you think seeing shadow people is tough. Try dropping 5 tabs of acid. I don't think many of them would come out of that. I will make sure I have enough of my capsule compound on hand for the following 3 or 4 months. I hope to start the first week of January.

Oh and I am in Alberta Canada.

10 day H detox using 48mg/6 strips in 11 Days

Suboxone has helped me detox, but it's left me in limbo, self denial, and manipulation of my own psych over the last 3 years since discovering this devil drug, and I honestly miss the days when I would run out of Bobby(what we call tar in Alaska) and just gut the detox and come out on day 4 a new man with fresh vigor and hate for it, which has always kept me clean longer in earlier half of the decade. But since discovering it, I always know that if I'm gonna run dry for a week I can "sub it" until more Bobby comes. Alaska had the highest prices per ger in the country hands down, so we tend to suffer a hole lot up here unless we are rich or stay out of prison. Anywho this is my only way to successfully beat both Bobby and subs without a long drawn out PAWS from the bupe. It's 11 days as follows: split doses in a day soon as awake and sleep. 6-7 strips MAX day 1 cheat day only
24 hours after last fix, sub up till comfortable. The biggest habits won't require more than 10mg that first day but allow 2 full ones if you got ahold of some carafyntynal or some crazy strong synthetic.
Day 2: 6mg wake 2mg sleep
Day 3: 5mg / 2mg
4th: 4mg/2mg
5th: 2mg/ 2mg
6th: 2mg/2mg
7th: 2mg/2mg
8th: 1mg/1mg
9th: 1mg/1mg
10th day: half mg / half mg
11th day: half and half or save that last 1mg for a few days and take it as needed but toss if not. It's 2018 post opiate / pill mill apocalypse and everyone's got access to cheap strips, sometimes cheaper to get on streets then w/out insurance.. Good luck. Discipline is key!

I can't believe I still have this login...

Currently doing a rapid low dose taper from a habit that started with a 30mg Oxycodone per day to 40mg Oxymorphone per day habit that lasted around three weeks. I was a prior IV heroin user, had 5 years clean from 2010-2015, and have struggled the last couple years with short binges of agonists followed by long bouts on low dose Suboxone. I have never gone back to the needle, and have my life together other than these battles. My taper plan has been as follows, and I use 8mg generic suboxone pills, a milligram scale to weigh my doses correctly, and all doses are intranasal:

Day 1: 1.25mg (Definitely not well by any means, but able to function with benzos)
Day 2: 1mg
Day 3: 0.75mg (Started feeling a bit better like I made the transition)
Day 4: 0.5mg
Day 5: 0.375mg
Day 6: 0.25mg (Started tapering benzo from 2-3mg alprazolam per day)
Day 7: 0.25mg (Got hit hard this day with symptoms, plus reduced my benzo use significantly so I did not sleep what so ever)
Day 8: 0.25mg (TODAY; Tried Jumping, but the morning symptoms were a little too rough, these small doses keep me pretty well from 0600-1400, and then the kick and benzo rebound begins; 0.5mg alprazolam planned tonight).
Plan forward:
Day 9: 0.13mg (Jump off benzos)
Day 10: 0.13mg
Day 11: JUMP (or 0.13mg SL PRN)

2-3 more days left. Wish me luck.

^ Yiu can?t accurately measure micrograms on a scale

Subs are typically easy to split anyway

You went down a bit fast, maybe 0.25 another day or two, then 1/8th?

Anyway good luck

No, you need more time for methadone. Much longer. I went almost a month wo meth by switching to fentanyl in detox . A month later the meth was still in my urine. But dr said it had been long enough so they induced fentantl wd -- it was the easiest detox I've ever had and I'm grateful to have 5 yrs. I've never heard of a good outcome from going from meth to bupe - it's just all horror stories. What makes it worse is that even docs mistakenly don't wait because they don't have much experience. many -- especially on old school addicts like me. It never gets easier, does it?

I?ve just done/am doing a single dose sub withdrawal so I?ll fill u in on how this has gone for me.

I have used heroin on and off for about three years (smoked - I?m in the uk) and the last little stint was maybe a month/six weeks. When I first ran out of heroin I took two 420mg doses of codeine a day for the first two days and then one more on the third day. For some reason this third day dose didn?t hold me for very long and I took a 6mg sublingual dose of subutex which had me feeling much better. That was Friday evening and it?s now Monday afternoon and I haven?t really had any problems other than waking up fairly early (after taking zopiclone and a few drinks to actually get to sleep in the first place). If this is me out of the woods then I?m amazed, but it seems so. It?s actually worrying because now I?ll think I can use again and be able to quit just fine any time I like. It?s been that problem-free.

Anyway, that?s my experience and I?d urge others who are finding other methods difficult to try it.

Hey rudebob,

I would say you are not only out of the woods, but as described maybe never really in them. A few weeks - month is not long enough to make suboxone even really worth it (good you only took one). If you are using more often than not, perhaps accumulating over 3 years could make for a bad withdrawal, but it sounds like it did not because you seemed to be fine with minimal comfort meds and only one suboxone. Indeed, in the future, if it is only a few weeks /month if you take it at all I?ll bet 1mg would be enough for you. It?s really strong!

Everyone is different. I can tell you that for a year and a half I used infrequently (once a week) and when I finally used it long enough to feel prett bad, it was so minor compared to what I?m going through after a 5 year straight habit, that I scarcely classify it as withdrawal.

Those days are gone for me. From everything I read, it would be bad even after a short habit now for me, unless I waited, what, 2 years before I tried? I think for me better to just stay away. You never know when the next heartbreak or death in the family will turn you from a causal user to daily.
Good luck!

Ps I see like me you can?t figure out how to make contractions not turn to question marks! Argh!

jjacobsen said:
Ps I see like me you can?t figure out how to make contractions not turn to question marks! Argh!

The problems with apostrophes turning into question marks happens when people are posting from Apple devices that are using IOS11 or greater I believe. There is a feature in this OS called smart punctuation. The bluelight board has a problem displaying certain characters correctly which is why your apostrophes are turning into question marks (so can't becomes can?t, for example)

I think smart punctuation uses apostrophes that are slightly more curved than normal ones and the board cannot display them correctly currently.

They are working on fixing this. For now, you can turn this smart punctuation feature off and you shouldn't have this problem anymore. I don't know exactly where the setting is but it should be located somewhere in your phones keyboard settings. If you can't find it then do a quick Google search on something like "how do I turn off iphone smart punctuation"

Hope this helps.

Is there a subutex super thread?
Im looking for info about IV tex, like how much to start with and what not.

usedtobe,

Dunno which formulation of subs you have but if you have the orange ones (pills or strips), DO NOT take any too soon after you get high the last time on H cuz the Naloxone will knock the Heroin right out of your receptors and bring you into Withdrawal real quick. If you have the white pills (which do not contain Nalaxone) then you can take those after you dont feel high anymore without incident. Different people have different metabolisms and so forth but I would recommend that you take 4mg first day...4mg second day....2mg the third day (only if you need it) and same for 4th day and so on. Remember...this drug has a long half life...24-36hrs so you really dont need to take it everyday. Its not just physical...its mental too. If you got a pretty good head on your shoulders then you wont even care about getting high when you start taking the subs.

this is FALSE info.., the bupe is what causes precipitated withdrawal.. naloxone is only in it to deter abuse.. if u take subutex to early after your last use of an opiate you will go into withdrawal just the same as suboxone.. this is proven FACT.. bupernorphine has a strong afinity to the mu opiate receptor.. so if u have any opiates on the receptor it rips them off and since it will fill your receptor with a weak opiate u go into full withdrawal.. and its absolute hell..

PLEASE DONT PUT FALSE INFO into these forums.. this is how other addicts commit suicide from precipitated withdrawal syndrome.. because some addicts believe everything their BRO SAID instead of science.

also . ive found..; day 1..i do between 8-24mg of sub.. day 2 16mg.. day 3 8 mg.. i never feel fine until atleast day 2.. so on i split my dose.. all the way down to .25mg of a dose.. usually takes about 10 days .. then jump off..with little to no problems.. at all.

my first few days dose depends on my habit.. the higher the habit the higher the first 3 days dose is.. but honestly i just take wat i need for days 1-3 to not wanna die. and then start tapering.. and usually the only issues i have is sleep for a few weeks.. were ill sleep but not much oroften.. i found that excersise and eating alot helps me sleep.. also sometimes ill use a sleep med whether itbe ambien or zzz quil i dont care whatever helps me sleep.. and ive stayed clean for years doing this detox..

also depends whats in your system like recently found the dope i been getting has fent dope and methadone in it via my last drug test.. so when i switch to sub i had to wait a while 36 hours.. and im guessing thats because methadone.. but im sure its such a small amount of methadone that it gets out your system fast.. cuz even if your doing a gram of dope a day.. there cdant be more then 5mg of methadone in there.. i think this dope was cut this way to prevent people from being able to go onto sub with issues.. knowing that people will go into withdrawal and call u immediately to get more dope.. so what i did with this dope was.. waited till super sick.. took my 1mg sub to make sure i wasnt going to go into withdrawal.. then took 24mg.. still felt shitty so about 2 hours later i used dope again.. with the 24mg in system i barely felt anything but better.. so then i waited 40 hours and took more sub.. then used less dope felt better.. and day 3 took 24mg 36 hours later.. and felt fine.. then stopped using dope and started to taper.. . know what your getting in your dope before doing a ton of sub cause precipitated withdrawal makes peoplewanna die.. and or actually kill themselves.

My doctor mentioned the single high dose. I would perhaps try 8/4/2/1 or something like that, but do some research. Once the 8mg bup wears off you will still be in wd.

hey just saying you got this i went to sub after a 10 year addiction, i was doing about 2grams a day of good H when i went to subs i was on subs 16MG 2 8mg stripsin the morning i first off will say this dope withdrawl sucksbut its not a sub WD i would recomend staying off the subs or only using them for like 2 weeks tops they are a bitch to get off of, after 3 years of sub use and klonapin 2mg a day i walked off everything one dayi said nomore long story short i ended up in a hospital and then after i got out they gave me bad medications that interacteded negativly with eachother and made my body stifffen up i was stuck all my musclesmy moulth was even stuck it looked like i had a stroke or some shit, after i went to another hospital they helped me stop that interaction the WD was still so intense this was like 6 days in i got nitrous oxide and did accuple whippets from what i rememeber. i was later told i did over 200 that night laying there in agony and i slipping intoa full blown phycosis, not fun at all. i thought i stabed someone i was going to jail i broke up with my girlfrfiend i tried letting some random person into the car, while we were driving still mind you i was crazy and i thought everyone else was insane when i was addmitted into the phycward i remeber being like i dont need to be here wtf is going on like why am i here, i remember laying down in the bed they gave me and trying to sleep i was still kicking hard obvusly fromthe subs next thing i know i woke up in yet another hospital bed with tubes down my throat and a cathitor in....... not my best moment lol i know but i was with it i pointed to the tubes like get these out of here. i went manic so they had to intubate me or put me under they told my perents at this point to not expect me to ever recover and be prepared for me to be a vegatable for the rest of my life they said it was over a 99% chance i would NOT recover and would be a veg but they said nothing is impossible, when they tryed to put me unbder my opiate tolorance was so high that they tried morphine 3 times finally they used propafol and fyntenal i have no memory ofthem strapping me to the bed and i was pulling the nurses across the roomapparently trying to restrrain me i was lifting my arms and they were slidding across the floor they could not hold the straps down i am a small guy very small lol but it took 5 nurses apparently one on each arm one on each leg and one sitting on my chest holding me down apparently it was some heavy shit i was latter told by my parents to have to watch this as i did not want to be restrained apparently..... it has been one year sence i walked and i am doing so much better i still dont really sleepfor shit but im not living in a bath tub and bugging out 24/7 they say it takes time to get back to :normal: whatever that is i used at such a young agei dont think my brain really rememebrs what that is, or i dont remember what that is like, i rememebr sitting on my couch and i jjust started cryingg one day it was like color came back and i didnt even know it had left but i damn sure knew when it was back it was beutifull, you can get through this and you will be so happy you did opiates are grate if you can take like an oxy once in a blue moon but we all know thats not how it works atleast for me its not like its the weekend i can have a beer or two or whatever cant do that with opiates i know this and i will never make that mistake again, i have a beautiful girlfriend that is soon to by my fiance we are moving within the up comming weeks out of my home town and getting a fresh start she was not from my home town i met her back when i was in college but we are planning on having kids andi can tell you for sure i will not be addicteddd to nor abusing drugs when i have a kid i have sceen first hand what happens when paretns party/do drugs with there kids i could nevereven imagine if i had a stash or a bag of h someone and my child got into it i wouild never live that down i want my kid to be prud ofme and i dont want to explain that daddy is sick cuz of this or that or he needs hismedication for whatever cuz asmy child grows up i know they eventually will just in there heads be like yeah my dad is a dope head or have there friends saying shitthat there dad is a dope head kids are mean we all know this atleast they can be either way my future kids are a very big thing to my recovery i realized the life i wanted, needed,can have , and do have is only goinhg to last if i dont use opiates my GF has never done dope she is not an addict at all actually, my whole familyis like how did YOU get HER and i now thats messed up but i ask myself sometimes that question too and the answer is because i stopped fucking up and did the right thing insteadof doing what i wanted to do like always i did what i needed to do for once and the pay offf actually was amazing so much more than i ever thought it really does open your life up everything is possible again and its not that way cuz i am high and just feeeling good i am sobor as we speak and i have so much happiness in my heart everyday i wake up and can say my name is .... and i am ....... and i am with it not lost in a phycosis anyway i have wanted to share that story for so long but not many people want to hear that story or they dont know i was an addict cuz when people find out they treat you differently and persevere you differently anyway thanks to anyone who actually felt like readding this whole thing, and just know that if you are struggling to get off i promise i really is worth it actually even though it most deffinatly does not seem like it would be worth it at the time i remeber saying fuvk this its not worth it i rather just take some sub everyday thge rest of my life.... thandeal with the lack of quality of life i was experiancing but it finally got to a point where i did start to get bettter, after 1 month i said to myself well i made it this far im not slipping up now to just have to re do everything ive just done, my GF was one of the best most insperatinol person/thing that helped me to get clean i know you arent supposed to do that or whatever but she inspired me too get myself clean for real no matter what this time but as inspiring as she was/is, it still came down to me and me not doing something stupid everyday thats what and who it comes down to its not her job to make sure i am clean dont get me wrong i love that she cares enought that if something weird was going on with me or i was acting strange she would/will ask if imok and i know if i relapes i can tell her right away she knows that too and knows that it is 100% a real possibility even though i told her its been a year ive done all this for our future family for you and for me i am personally not going through a withdrawl like that again no matter what even ifnshe was to leave me jusst hell no that WD legit kicked my asss so hard i wouldnt even think about it, ever again. IMHO SUBS SHOULLD NEVER BE USED LONGER THAN 3WEEKS MAX they are the devil if you think dope withdrawl sucks dont even fuckwith suboxone withdrawl its another beast, Also if you have been on it for awhile DEFF TAPPER down it will make the PAWS last less time