• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Best way to take shrooms

xxsicknessxx

Bluelighter
I got ahold of some shrooms, more then I can take all at once and in the past I've got sick and not really enjoyed my trip, is there any advise, take them on a blank stomach maybe? Also I use dentures so is it OK to cut up the shrooms and drink them or maybe I could use a blender? I think I don't suppose enough because I'm terrified of a bad trip or a trip I can't function during said trip.

It's just I want to take them now but I just don't have a good record with shrooms. The first two times I did it they were awesome the last four times were not fun. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. Maybe it's not something to do just a little of?

What have your doses been like?

I personally prefer making tea, rather than eating them because I can't stand the taste. Gelcaps could also work but never tried that. Fasting a little bit before the trip might help with your stomach discomfort.

Ps: don't be terrified! :) Just know your dose, control your set and setting and you'll be ok. The more variables you account for the less you have to worry about.

Tea is hit or miss, you can destroy the molecule through overheating. I think blending with a light smoothie and taking on an empty stomach would be best if you don't want to eat the whole raw mushrooms.

2 grams of moderate potency, well kept mushrooms is a very controllable trip for me. It brings the introspective feelings but doesn't feel out of control.

What doses were you taking before?

I highly suggest lemon tek.

Grind or finely chop your dose and let it sit in lemon juice for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, then drink the mixture. Helps convert the psilocybin to psilocin and it hits you way faster.

You also come down faster, which is a major benefit in my opinion.

I would say 2 grams is good for me too. I think the body will naturally puke if you take too much. Last time took an 1/8th and puked. Probably good thing it didn't all absorb since didn't plan to eat the whole 1/8th.

Ate around a gram a bunch of times and was just noticeable, but not enough to say I was "tripping".

I would eat, then wait a bit. If you take them on completely empty and starving stomach you will get sick with weakness. So at least make sure you eat proper in the day. Then wait a few hours to take them.

IDK if you guys have ever had the treat to eat freshly picked mushrooms but they actually taste decent and I never experienced nausea from even upwards of 50g fresh (~5g dried).

They taste remarkably similar to edible mushrooms you buy in the store.

Dried mushrooms taste like burnt peanut butter mixed with farts.

I got ahold of some shrooms, more then I can take all at once and in the past I've got sick and not really enjoyed my trip, is there any advise, take them on a blank stomach maybe? Also I use dentures so is it OK to cut up the shrooms and drink them or maybe I could use a blender? I think I don't suppose enough because I'm terrified of a bad trip or a trip I can't function during said trip.

I highly suggest lemon tek.

Grind or finely chop your dose and let it sit in lemon juice for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, then drink the mixture. Helps convert the psilocybin to psilocin and it hits you way faster.

You also come down faster, which is a major benefit in my opinion.
Very good advice. I use the lemon juice method and the come up will be a lot smoother

Tea!
Never feel gut rot again or nausea again. Smoother as well.

I only do tea.

Recommend tea. 10/10 as a ROA for mushrooms.

Tea is hit or miss, you can destroy the molecule through overheating. I think blending with a light smoothie and taking on an empty stomach would be best if you don't want to eat the whole raw mushrooms.

At what temperature does this start to happen?

I always boil water and immediately pour over ground mushroom/black tea and let steep. No loss of potency. The temperature of the water immediately after boil is also no longer 100C.

Are you maybe talking about boiling a mushroom tea solution?

I've never made tea. I always heard temperatures of 170f+ can destroy the alkaloids

For this reason I bought a special food dryer I could set to temps at 160f to dry

The boiling point of psylocin is over 900 degrees. You can boil off some of the food safe alcohol to concentrate if. Then let cool. You can put it in a dropper or whatever suits your fancy

I'm going to pretend I know what 160-170F is.

Is that the water boiling point?

0 being freezing point and 100 being boiling being too logical, of course. :p

I believe there are other psychoactive alkaloids which boil/evaporate at a much lower temperature. I do not have proof of this, only a very real experience with my cat in which he was exposed to several ounces of drying mushrooms in an enclosed environment and was ultimately dosed with something and was VERY high for approx 20 hours. (I believe that is what happened. I have no proof.)

Happened twice.

OR... coincidentally... my cat happened to eat mushrooms I may have dropped TWO SEPERATE TIMES while I just happened to be drying large amounts of mushrooms in a tiny 500sq ft apartment...

idk... pure speculation here

I believe there are other psychoactive alkaloids which boil/evaporate at a much lower temperature. I do not have proof of this, only a very real experience with my cat in which he was exposed to several ounces of drying mushrooms in an enclosed environment and was ultimately dosed with something and was VERY high for approx 20 hours. (I believe that is what happened. I have no proof.)

Happened twice.

OR... coincidentally... my cat happened to eat mushrooms I may have dropped TWO SEPERATE TIMES while I just happened to be drying large amounts of mushrooms in a tiny 500sq ft apartment...

idk... pure speculation here
Yeah you might be right, have you ever slow boiled rum or vodka with shrooms?

Yeah you might be right, have you ever slow boiled rum or vodka with shrooms?

nope... alcohol extraction? never tried it

I always wanted to purify and make a tincture of psilocin, but never did

seemed trivial to me (making a chemically pure psilocin ester or something is different, but I never had the resources or knowledge to do so)

170F = 76C

Water boiling point is 212F

Thanks for the elucidation. :)

I'm highly sceptical of this. I always boil my water to make my mushroom tea with no loss of potency.

Where are you guys reading this?

Edit: Sorry, I missed your following post. It may indeed be possible that some alkaloids are destroyed in the process of making tea. Psilocybin most definitely isn't from what I can tell. I haven't compared the two methods with the same batch of mushroom to discern qualitative differences because I've only ingested mushrooms through tea for at least the last two years, if not longer.

Even given the possibility of some non-psilocybin alkaloids being destroyed during water boiling, I would still highly recommend making tea if even only to eliminate nausea and gut rot. The hight is still A+ without any of the negative physical side effects.

nope... alcohol extraction? never tried it

I always wanted to purify and make a tincture of psilocin, but never did

seemed trivial to me (making a chemically pure psilocin ester or something is different, but I never had the resources or knowledge to do so)
Makes dosing easier to administer.. It’s great if you have like an ounce,

But yeah
I’d stick to the lemon juice method for couple of gram dosing. I’ll post a video when my fungi are ready