• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Best way to take 12 hours worth of adderall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StudyMizzou

Greenlighter
I'm studying for summer tests right now and am trying to figure out the best way to get 12 hours worth of focus from Addy.
I take addy 3 times a week right now because I have a test each week, but normally I will take it a maximum of two times a week.

Normally I take a 20mg XR when I need to study all day, which will keep me moderately focused the whole 12 hours, but I don't feel super driven to get what I need to done. I also don't feel a very high level of gratification from learning the material. I also don't hit that "zone" that I want.

However, when I take 20mg IR I feel like I'm in the "zone" for 90% of the time. Granted the duration is half as long, but I feel a lot more driven to get my work done and I don't get distracted. I also get a great sense of gratification for learning when I take IR. I feel much more confident. The comedown is worse and I feel a bit more nervous with IR, but overall the experience with IR is incredibly effective.

I'm aware that 20mg XR is basically 2 separate types of 10mg capsules, so I'm only getting 20mg disbursed throughout the day, which would obviously make it have less impact at any one moment.

I've tried Vyvanse and it was effective, but I found that I would get worried easily, and I lost track of time (almost missed my test). I also tried Ritalin but that just made me wired, and I couldn't focus. Don't remember the dosage for either.

What I wanted to know is if I am trying to study from 10am to 10pm which is best: Remaining on 20mg XR, upping the XR dosage to 40mg XR, or taking two 20mg IR at two different times? Is there another, more effective method yall suggest? Maybe a certain dosage of vyvanse? Any other effective study aids?

Open to any suggestions, opinions, comments, criticisms, etc.

Thanks

P.S. I'm 5 hours into a 20mg XR right now 8(

I would take the 20mg xr, then take the ir, on an as needed basis, but I'm not all that confident with that answer. Just be careful with it.

- Hopeless 7nos

I agree with the above poster, just start with the 20mg XR and then when you feel like you need a boost take even half the 20mg IR. I have to say though taking addy to study is a slippery slope, you don't want to start taking drugs to accomplish something as it's not a sustainable habit. Every time you want to accomplish something which requires focus you can't just take a drug. Just keep that in mind.

7nos-SS373dOH
Thanks for the answer. The main reason I am asking here is to make sure I am careful. I'll try that out!

mazda01
I don't take addy for all studying, just for tests that I need help with and especially right now because I have to learn 16 weeks worth of information in 4 weeks. I have 4 tests starting Monday over the next 4 weeks, which is the primary reason for the uptick in usage. I do fine on my own without addy it just requires more time, something I don't really have the liberty of right now. Thanks for your answer!

Status
Not open for further replies.