• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

CBD Megathread

How should I store my Cannabis Bud Keif for long-term (lterally years) I got them in air tight glass mason jars. I don't know if I should add a dessicant packet to dry it out or not since i noticed the humidity making it all sticky?

You sure the jars are airtight? If you are, I'd keep the kief in there but put a piece of paper on top of the pile, the dessicant packet on top of the paper, seal it up and pop it in the freezer.

i honestly don't know if it's necessary to physically separate the packet from the kief with a small piece of paper but it just seems like the right thing to do.

The freezer's definitely the way to go, though. If that's not an option, put it in a cool, dark place like a closet. You're really going to want a freezer and you definitely need it airtight if you're gonna store this stuff for years, though, but to be honest... vacuum-sealed would really be the smartest way to go about it. Get all the air out, including the moisture and most contaminants that go with it.

I got keif that is at least a year old by now already so not sure if that matters.

They are in individual bags. They are in a glass mason jar which is as airtight as possible. I can put them into a vacumn sealed bag. From everything I've read putting them in the freezer for anything related to Cannabis is at best overkill and the moisture would be a problem.

I don't get it is kief sensitive to a certain heat temperature.

(thank for the undo button as I erased this all accidentally)

I got keif that is at least a year old by now already so not sure if that matters.

They are in individual bags. They are in a glass mason jar which is as airtight as possible. I can put them into a vacumn sealed bag. From everything I've read putting them in the freezer for anything related to Cannabis is at best overkill and the moisture would be a problem.

I don't get it is kief sensitive to a certain heat temperature.

(thank for the undo button as I erased this all accidentally)

Moisture's not a problem with an airtight vacuum-seal. It would definitely be a problem if you just threw a regular bag or jar into the freezer, though.

The higher the temperature, the faster the drug "breaks down" and loses potency. Low temperatures slow the degradation process down considerably. Constant exposure to sunlight does the same thing, which is why the typical recommendation for storage is a cool, dark space.

Oxygen, heat and light are the three variables you want to control as much as possible.

CBD is roughly twice as stable as THC so it's a lot easier to store without concern.

Essentially everyone has a different answer or opinion about this. If anyone with some more knowledge that would be nice. Since at this point I got idea how to keep it for long-term storage.

Essentially everyone has a different answer or opinion about this. If anyone with some more knowledge that would be nice. Since at this point I got idea how to keep it for long-term storage.

Put kief into vacuum-sealable containers. Vacuum-seal them. Store in freezer.

Google is your friend if you don't know how to vacuum-seal mason jars.

Put kief into vacuum-sealable containers. Vacuum-seal them. Store in freezer.

Google is your friend if you don't know how to vacuum-seal mason jars.

Yes, this seems like the best way to store kief/isolate and weed long term. I worked with all kinds of samples; from biological tissue to restricted drugs. Some samples were kept in the fridges, some in the freezer and few in the freezer at -80C/-112F. The better the packaging and the colder the storage, the better or longer samples would remain stable.

Anyone recommend a good home vacuum sealer? I’d like to do bag within bag, so at least 2 roll sizes?

Tom

It's a very reputable and very well known great Cannabis selling website. The Product description is this:

120 MG CBD

Fast-acting and effective, Mota’s minty infused alcohol spray is great for a smoke-free option on the go. Simply remove the cap and administer one or two sprays of mist under the tongue for rapid sublingual relief. Each spray bottle contains CBD Isolate, grain alcohol, organic spearmint oil, and natural color. A closable cap and small form factor make it effortless to slip into your pocket or purse for discreet access anytime.

If this works is it possible to make my own solution with a higher concentration of CBD per spray? Does anyone know if it even absorbs effectively through Sublingual ROA?

Sublingual works well for CBD isolate. Fat, oils and alcohols will all mix well with CBD. I sometimes will not put it in any solution and simply place the isolate directly under my tongue for nice effects.

I usually mix the isolate in a small amount of coconut oil and then administer sublingually or orally.

Isolate is easy to get high quality inexpensively. I don't know why so many people buy the overpriced sprays when they can easily make their own.

I started vaping CBD buds with a flowermate vaporizer a few months ago to alleviate PTSD. I never liked smoking and joints, so this seems the perfect solution for me. I'm aware of the reports of some incidents with vaping THC liquids, but I'm wondering if vaping CBD buds could have long-term adverse effects on the respiratory system. So far I'm noticing none, but does anyone have any long-term experience?

Sublingual works well for CBD isolate. Fat, oils and alcohols will all mix well with CBD. I sometimes will not put it in any solution and simply place the isolate directly under my tongue for nice effects.

I usually mix the isolate in a small amount of coconut oil and then administer sublingually or orally.

Isolate is easy to get high quality inexpensively. I don't know why so many people buy the overpriced sprays when they can easily make their own.

I haven't had any success with using only CBD Crystalline Isolate alone by itself under my tongue compared to vaping it or eating it with a good amount of fat. I got CBD Crystalline Isolate and I don't even know where to start on how to make my own custom spray.

What dosage do u use sublingually compared to a vaporized dose or oral dosing of CBD in how strong and quickly they all effect u in your personal experience?

Anyone else got any experiences or opinions about this subject?

Search engines like duckduckgo r my friend Google is an advertisement company. Now just like this thread search results have come up with different answers from everybody.

I can vacuum seal it and put it in the freezer but I don't know if this is the wisest decision for long-term storage? Just curious y do u want a bag within a bag Thomas Davie?

I know for a fact like every single person who has done a lot of research long-term cannabis bud storage is best used with a Boveda 2-way humidity pack (reverse osmosis membrane or some) and a mason jar in a cool dark room as a freezer is just a bad idea.

Here's my process for making CBD oil (total time required including prep time: 30 seconds):

I take roughly 200mg of CBD isolate and place it in an empty glass 1-gram concentrate container (typically sold at legal stores when you purchase a gram of concentrates). I then pour just enough coconut oil in the glass container to completely cover the 200mg of CBD. I put this in the microwave for no more than 10 seconds. I mix it as soon as I take it out of the microwave and then pour this solution into my mouth.

Do you really FEEL the CBD? I had every single product that is out there and NOONE works.

Yes, just about every CBD flower can pass for proper weed off the smell. Have 0 doubt people buy that and resell it on the street for double / triple. But there are usually seeds 90% of the time it them is all. Take the seeds out before you grind it.

I mix some crappy CBD flower from the local corner shop with weed all the time when rolling blunts. Better filler than tobacco.

Yes, just about every CBD flower can pass for proper weed off the smell. Have 0 doubt people buy that and resell it on the street for double / triple. But there are usually seeds 90% of the time it them is all. Take the seeds out before you grind it.

I mix some crappy CBD flower from the local corner shop with weed all the time when rolling blunts. Better filler than tobacco.

There's no seeds in the good stuff online.