View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Best way to dose and store 4-HO-MET?

ThisIsAnAccount

Greenlighter
Recently come upon 1 gram of 4-HO-MET in fumarate form. I was wondering if it would be possible to dissolve into water then dispense onto sugar cubes using a pipette for dosing? I found one lab PDF with information on 4-HO-MET, but unfortunately it’s solubility in water was not listed. Anyway tried doing something like this? Would the sugar in the sugar cubes mess it up? Anyone have a better dosing idea?

Hey there. Yes, water will dissolve the sugar cubes. A drop or two would be fine, but you won't be able to dissolve nearly enough of the drug into that little an amount of water, so the sugar cube method isn't going to be the way to go. Also, leaving tryptamines like 4-HO-MET in liquid for any real length of time will cause them to degrade very quickly, so you need to store them as dry powder. The only really good way you are going to be able to dose this accurately is to weigh it on a milligram scale. If you don't have one, you can get the AWS Gemini-20 scale (the .001g one) for $20-25 on Amazon or eBay, they're so cheap. Then you can weigh out individual doses. You could put them in gel caps if you want them all pre-dosed.

If you're planning for the gram to last a while, you should store it in a glass vial in the freezer, preferably inside a bag that has a dessicant packet in it, and whenever you take it out, make sure to let the vial warm to room temperature before you open it, because if you open it when it's still cold, it will draw moisture inside. The fumarate salts of tryptamines are fairly stable but will still break down much more quickly than many other kinds of drugs.

I hear you Xorkoth, and this is advice to be followed.
Anecdotally, mine’s been in storage for 7 months and I’m doing the same doses with little or no perceived diff in potency.
But is is a brown, murky liquid. I’m sure it’s degraded, but it was necessary, as that exact scale seems variable in the 5-10mg range; at least mine is.
I use the gram calibration weight and count that as zero. More weight helps for sure.

Yeah starting with weight already on definitely helps. That's odd, my Gemini-20s I've had (2 of them) have just been +/- 2-3mg, they've both been quite reliable except for very potent things. Being 2-3mg over your expected dose with 4-sub tryptamines isn't going to make much difference, but yeah, 10mg would.

This is something I'm a little bit curious about myself, I have a whole bunch of different 4 subbed triptamines and I would love to have them in some solution to volumetrically dose. One thing I've been considering is just to dissolve a given amount in a certain amount of ethanol alcohol and just dose it accurately onto sugar cubes. I haven't tried it yet but I suppose this could be another topic for one of my threads, I'm sure that if you used 98% Everclear, the degradation would be minimal and the evaporation of the solvent would slow or halt the degradation process to negligible parameters. In the meantime, I absolutely suggest that it is definitely in your best interest to procure yourself a milligram scale, the gemini-20 is a great one, and to be honest I've tried doses of 4 HO MET as low as 10 mg and as high as about 22 mg, and I prefer it on the higher end myself, however, I haven't had a chance to try it any higher than 22 mg as of yet because I have had so many other experiments to do, and they all take some time because of the time needed between experimentation. These are really sensitive receptors we are playing with, and you don't want to "destroy the magic" so to speak, by experimenting too frequently.

Also, just as an aside, the best way to dose something if you know that it is stable in a given liquid, would be to use an insulin syringe seeing as one has a graduated cylinder with 50 small marks, each Mark being two units. Or .02 of 1 ml. This makes accuracy a breeze.

So say for example etizolam, if you dissolve 12 mg of etizolam into 3 millilitres of Everclear, each 10 units (0.1 ml) will supply you with 0.4 mg of eitz.

Super easy, and those scales are quite accurate (within + / - 2 to 3 mg). Which, IMO is fairly acceptable seeing as I don't typically take much more than 1 mg at a time and I don't incessantly dos the stuff regularly. This margin of error would produce somewhere between 7 or 13 mg on an intended 10 mg / 3 ml concentration.

With something like Crystal LSD, this would be a very huge variable, however in the case of even eitz, we are talking about things that are active in the 1mg range (1000 mcg) to half milligram range ( 500 mcg) it's not so bad. Also take into account that if you are going to use that scale with that margin of error, the larger the batch you mix, the smaller the variable will invariably be. So anyways, there you have my two cents, be safe and have fun. Also, another good investment would be to grab some gel caps and just dose them all out. If you go to the dollar store you can get little pill jars and little labels and you can just hand write the dosage per pill and what the compound is on the label and stick it to the jar and Walla, you'll have a very neatly organized psychedelic tickle trunk if you keep all of your stuff organized in this way. And if you're really a Keener, you can draw those dirty pictures like Mr. Shulgin did and you look like a real Pro when you whip it out for your friends to see.

Be safe and have fun!

Ya the caps are great for regular doses, but fir micros, liquid all the way.
I used to have access an actual lab balance, miss that unit!

Last edited:
If you dissolved the 4-HO-MET into a solution of let's say straight 40% alcohol in the form of whatever Vodka. Would you be able to just keep an amber vile (dropper type) in the freezer to dose out as need be. I mean alcohol of that strength will kill off any kinda bacteria and the cold of the freezer should slow down degradation quite a bit.

It definitely wouldnt last anywhere near as long as if you stored it properly as a powder, but surely pretty long compared to a vile kept elsewhere.

~Charlie

Last edited:
The problem with alcohol of 40% is the high amount of water that it contains. This water will, most likely, oxidize the compound. A solvent like PG would be more suitable, i think

And that could be kept frozen and left to thaw for awhile i would assume?

The Gemini 20 is pretty acurate and i never had any issues weighing 4-Subs with it but if you wanted to MicroDose this stuff this could maybe work well for that. PG is easily available and I've used it with benzos in the past. Guessing you'd wanna just agitate to dissolve the Tryptamine and avoid using any sort of heat right?

It's probably gonna be much easier to get into solution than Etizolam would be, that's the only thing i tried PG with.