• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Best taper plan?

opinaivekush

Greenlighter
Hey guys, so I just had pretty extensive work done on me 2 weeks ago, also going back for some more surgery to be done in 2 weeks. I have had a problem with the percocets a few months ago before I was perscribed where I would buy off the streets and take 3-4 at a time in order to get high. Im just glad my tolerance is still to the point where one percocet will take my pain away, needing two at a time rarely. I will never abuse any opiates ever again to the extent that I have done in the past due to adverse effects of needing pain relief but the doctor unable to provide because of a "secret" tolerance.

Well on to my options of tapering. At the end I want around 100 pills to keep for an emergency stash as we all know how neccessary it is to have a way of pain relief when the docs say all they can do is ibuprofen 800. Was considering to go down the scale from percocet to vicodin 5/500 then to tylenol 3. My other option is to taper straight from the percocet, one pill less every week. Which option would you guys choose? Any detailed tapering plans you guys could provide would be greatly appreciated.

I would just taper using oxys. Kinda need more info, but Ill just assume a few things.

Most of thr time oxys are going to be prescribed as 1-2 every 4-6 hours as needed. You say youre jot abusing them anymore so you're eating 15-30mg's a day.

I doubt you even need a taper. Your physical and mental dependence at this point is really low. Rebound pain is going to be a bigger problem.

But, yes. If you feel thr need to taper, slower is always better. Dropping 1 pill every week seems over the top. One pill every day or 2 would be easy as pie.

I would just taper using oxys. Kinda need more info, but Ill just assume a few things.

Most of thr time oxys are going to be prescribed as 1-2 every 4-6 hours as needed. You say youre jot abusing them anymore so you're eating 15-30mg's a day.

I doubt you even need a taper. Your physical and mental dependence at this point is really low. Rebound pain is going to be a bigger problem.

But, yes. If you feel thr need to taper, slower is always better. Dropping 1 pill every week seems over the top. One pill every day or 2 would be easy as pie.

Oh yes I forgot to mention at the moment im currently taking 3 a day. One percocet every 6 hours. Sometimes if the pain spikes I will take 4. After my other surgery though soon I know it's going to be every 4 hours that I will need my medication so 6 a day but sometimes I will take up to 8. How bad will the withdrawl be? During the morning when I wake up and my medication is no longer in effect, the rebound pain will eat me up and my head just feels as it is in a straight fog. Not to much nausea as I vape cannabis regularly. The worst withdrawl I have experienced is 4mg ativan a day for 9 months and I cold turkeyed that how will it compare? I feel as I am being a little too paranoid haha.

The withdrawal wont be bad at all. Its all relative though to your previous experience. An easy withdrawal for me could be your worst nightmare.

Benzo withdrawal is an absolute fking nightmare, this wont even compare.

I think you might be over thinking (understandably) this withdrawal and that will hurt you the most.

Dont pay any attention to it, it doesnt deserve your effort.

Feel free to PM me if you need a boost