• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Best SSRI... Least side effects???

It's not that hard on your wallet really....it's only around $9 for a bottle of 30 capsules and it's OTC so it wouldn't be covered by insurance.

FYI St. John's Wort works almost identically to the way SSRIs work. It's pretty much a natural SSRI. And it also takes about six weeks to completely start working, but it is much cheaper than 5-HTP and is said to have literally no reported side affects so that's good, but I've never tried it.

I hear St John's wort is only good for mild,or possibly moderate depression. Whats bothering me is this new study going around saying that SSRI's are no better than placebo at beating depression. I think its bullshit cos the sheer number of people they've helped has to be attributed to something other than the placebo effect.

for me clelexa has no felt interactions with st. john's wort. im on 40mg\day, & drink sjw tea for the past week everyday & i havent felt any negative side effects.

Phatass I recommend you take rhodiola rosea at the same time as 5-HTP, they work well together IME, and take B-vitamins too. You can take B12 sublingually. I take RR in the morning on an empty stomach.

SSRIs had the opposite to the intended effect on me... Actually Wellbutrin has been used with some people (its not an SSRI) and seems to have very few side effects, but I don't think its something a family Dr would use simply because they aren't trained solely in psych drugs.

^ Wellbutrin is a great option if you've tried SSRIs/SNRIs and they haven't worked for you, especially if you've tried multiple SSRIs/SNRIs.

Wellbutrin is a dopamine-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor, with little to no effect on serotonin, so its a good alternative antidepressant before trying things with more side effects, like tricyclics or MAOIs.

That said, ---------------------> BDD

^^^

Wow, I didn't know Wellbutrin wasn't an SSRI. My friend, who has depression issues, has been wanting to roll and I told him he wouldn't be able to as he takes an SSRI. But this is an entirely different ball game.

Does anyone know if norepinephrine and dopamine reuptake inhibitors reduce the effectiveness of MDMA?