• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Best sleep medication?

I've tried every sleep med in the world since 2008 and the only thing that knocks me out, besides a benzo, is seroquel.. but you seem to hate that. I take 100MG seroquel and within an hour I am out like a light and able to wake up in the AM.

benzos do knock me out, as I said, but they dont keep me asleep. I usually wake up 3 hours later w/o a clue what to do next.
u don't get a nasty hangover groggy feeling the next day after seroquel?thats what I hate about all sleep aids that work

And that would accomplish what? When you develop tolerance you develop tolerance. God you're a dumbass.
Sorry my friend. DXM is fucking with me. My mind is all over the place. Hard to organize my thoughts. IMO the best course of action is to find out the cause of the insomnia before throwing a bunch of drugs into the equation.:)

u don't get a nasty hangover groggy feeling the next day after seroquel?thats what I hate about all sleep aids that work

I suppose people who take Seroquel on a daily basis quickly develop a level of tolerance so it's no longer "knock me the fuck out!" but rather "gently ease me into sleep" in the evening, and, consequently, no longer "why are my limbs made out of depleted uranium?" in the morning.

Also, Seroquel's metabolite, Norquetiapine, inhibits the re-uptake of Noradrenaline, which is why some people I know actually say they eventually found it stimulating during the day.

Mirtazapine never fails to help me get to sleep and stay asleep. Best drug for sleep in my opinion.

Seroquel at 100mg or more or Xanax at 2-3mg. I'm talking for after stimulant binges :)

Can you smoke weed? I find a balanced diet of daily weed use always allow me to sleep at the end of the day. Safer than pills

Phenibut by far is the best sleep aid for me. It destroys everything else, including benzos.

With benzos, sure, I can take enough to pass out. But I'm literally knocked out; you aren't reviving me, I'm passed the hell out.

With 1500mg phenibut, my brain turns off enough that sleep comes easily and unlike most other things I've tried over the years, I STAY asleep for a solid 8 hours without stirring. That said, if I had to get up for some reason, I certainly could. I'd be a bit groggy but OK.

I've heard stories of addiction and withdrawal with phenibut, but I've never had cravings for it personally, beyond it's use as a grade A sleep aid.

I have gotten prescribed trazodone and it does help but I don't like to take it all the time. It also makes you groggy and your mouth very dry on the morning. I also get really bad trazoboners on it which are very annoying.

Melatonin is very good option that is cheap and safe and is what I use. Doxylamine (unisom) is a very strong OTC antihistamine that will knock you out a lot better than diphenhydramine will. It is the antihistamine in Nyquil that causes you to fall asleep. I used to take a combination of doxylamine and melatonin to fall asleep every night and it worked like a charm for me and is safe as far as I know.

I agree with the valerian root. When ive taken an adderall to late and know I've got to get some sleep those work wonders for me. Also melatonin, but those usually just put me to sleep then the Valerian root keeps me asleep

30mg Restoril at bedtime gets my vote for best sleeping pill. It is relaxing, takes the edge off, and doesn't interfere with REM sleep like alcohol.

truth is that any drug you take to sleep will likely be narcotic and come with a hangover. best thing to do for natural sleep is establish bedtime routine, exercise, and a clear conscious. However my personal favorite drugs for sleep induction are benadryl, melatonin, and benzos. Benzos i wouldn't use more than once a week, and benadryl/melatonin less that every other day. They all leave you feeling fuzzy the next day, same kinda feeling you'd get if you spent most of the night laying in bed awake. Ambien works well too, but much like melatonin it gave me uncomfortable and weird dreams. I don't sleep aid anymore, if i don't sleep that's just how it is, makes it easier to catch up the next night!

Nyquil Cough (doxylamine succinate and dextromethorphan) + zolpidem 10 mgs.