• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Best Placebo for Snorting

angli4anin

Greenlighter
I live in North Africa where good stuff is hard to come by and expensive.

For the past twelve months I have been snorting a brown powder which is some kind of opium derivative. I have been doing it more and more over the months until it is now a daily occurrence. It's getting expensive now and I need to stop it.

The doses that I have been taking have been getting smaller and smaller all of the time. It has come to the stage where I believe that I am not really getting that much of an effect from the substance itself - instead I think that it is the 'naughtiness' of the ritual of snorting itself that is having the effect and this is why I am struggling to just stop it.

So my question is if anyone knows of a good placebo substance that I can snort to see if it gives me the same effect as the opium? If it is actually something that gives me some kind of a minor buzz at the same time, then all the better.

Fortunately many kind of prescription drugs are available over the counter here, so I can get hold of a wide range if there is something good worth snorting.

Surely if you want a placebo you would have to think the powder your sniffing is the same drug you have been taking all along?

'Placebo' isn't literally the right word - it's just the closest that I can come up with to what I want to try.

I just want to try something to see whether it is more the ritual of sneaking off to the toilets every hour and getting my little packet out, rolling up a note and snorting that is more what I am addicted to than the substance itself.

It really could be anything. I just wondered if anyone knew anything non-harmful that might do instead.

you can become addicted to routes of administration, but before stating anything about it BL would need to know how long youve used it, and how much?

If it's and opiate based substance I doubt "doing" the ritual will provide satisfaction just based on the nature of the opioids. What country do you live in if you don't mind sharing, I could probably help you find some OTC meds that would work well if you shared that info.

you can become addicted to routes of administration, but before stating anything about it BL would need to know how long youve used it, and how much?

Thanks for the post. Sorry I'm a newbie to these boards.

For the first six months, I probably only used it once or twice per week. The dosage I have been taking has increased over time though. Over the past couple of months, I have probably been snorting about one-third of a gram per night.

I have stopped doing it for a couple of nights. My only obvious withdrawal symptom is a runny nose.

@ di.ACE.tyl.rob: I live in Egypt. I know that they don't have Oxycontin or Hydrocodone here. I have tried Tramadol and Ethanol, both of which maybe gave me a bit of a buzz, but tasted so foul that it made me want to vomit.

yeah you can definitely be addicted to the ritual. When i had a huge oxy habit and ran out and was sick, i would scrape the picture frame i always used and do a line that was maybe 5mgs of oxy then a lot of dust and who knows what. It would actually calm my mind and make me feel better for a while even though i know there wasnt enough drug in the line to do anything.

Maybe try crushed vitamin b...supposedly thats what they use for movies when people do coke.

yeah you can definitely be addicted to the ritual. When i had a huge oxy habit and ran out and was sick, i would scrape the picture frame i always used and do a line that was maybe 5mgs of oxy then a lot of dust and who knows what. It would actually calm my mind and make me feel better for a while even though i know there wasnt enough drug in the line to do anything.

Maybe try crushed vitamin b...supposedly thats what they use for movies when people do coke.

Thanks for that. It's good to hear that I'm not alone with the whole ritual thing.

I will definitely try the crushed Vitamin B thing to see whether it works for me.

I can say with great confidence that I was addicted to the ritual of IV'ing heroin. It's a purely psychological thing, but many people get as addicted to the needle as they are to the dope.

people for sure get addicted to the needle. I dont shoot but my friend that does will shoot water and draw his blood and shit when theres no heroin its crazy