• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Best opiate painkillers from weakest to strongest and gets you the most buzzed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I was prescribed that for pain for five days ( one pill every four hours for five days or something like that I think it was ) and was told I couldn't use it any longer then that, how did you get your doctor to prescribe more then five days worth? Cause I was told that it would damage my liver , kidneys and it can be addictive. It didn't work for me all. I heard people do get high from it, which is probably why the doctor told me it was addictive, did you get a high from it when you first started it because I didn't ? I read that many due. I guess I was one of the few unlucky ones they didnt...bummer.

i have it prescribed for endometriosis pain... i have a completely debilitating "time of the month" unless i take rx strength meds-- tylenol or advil do NOTHING for me. my ob/gyn & i tried at least six different rx NSAIDs before i was put on ketorolac though. she only prescribes 20 pills a month, so if i took one every six hours like clockwork... that'd be about five days' worth. i don't take it straight for five days though, so i'll have some left over at the end of the month for severe tension headaches or something similar pain-wise.

i do not get any sort of "high" from them at all, i describe them to people as "pain erasers", because that's exactly how i think of them. they take away my pain & i'm not drowsy or high so i can still work, drive, etc. totally normally. i do not abuse them because to me at least, they aren't "abusable".

but yes, if you abuse them or take them for longer than five days straight, you can cause serious damage to your body. if you try them, razorbladeslide, make sure you give yourself breaks. :)

For all you who say oxycodone is the best I would have to disagree... In my experience heroin gives roughly the same high if not better/more intense, the pain relief is better than oxycodone as well and it lasts 2-3x longer. Though its easier to get addicted to, self control can keep you good there, so I'd say heroin is the ideal primary choice.

For all you who say oxycodone is the best I would have to disagree... In my experience heroin gives roughly the same high if not better/more intense, the pain relief is better than oxycodone as well and it lasts 2-3x longer. Though its easier to get addicted to, self control can keep you good there, so I'd say heroin is the ideal primary choice.

Agreed mate! Especially for people in extreme chronic pain. I was on 10 mgs of oxycodone which I believe is the highest dose their is on the market for oxycodone and was decent for like the first hour,or two at most, for my pain but after that the pain pretty quickly started to come back again. Then in order to get high ( as I said I only like to get high off my own pain Med supply in moderation as a substitute for my lack of a normal relationship status and sex, which everyone else on the planet gets except me, with a pretty women which every man on the planet wants, plenty get sex with hot women in college but not me and I never will so why not get high off my own supply ...sh.t wouldn't you if you were condemned to a life of severe chronic pain, which is nothing short of torture without pain medicines, and complete ugliness and deformity, and a complete lack of a relationship with an attractive or even an average looking women, all this forever?..sheesh I bloody earned my right to get high from my sad life I was dealt so step off. ) anyway i was taking 35 to 40 mgs of oxycodone to get high at one point but as you all know percocet comes with acetaminophen ( don't confuse percocet with oxycontin btw oxycontin is just percocet without the acetaminophen and is a controlled real ease form of the drug which is ideal for someone who wants to get high off these drugs without destroying their livers, kidneys, etc. In the process like me) I knew I had to stop doing that for fear of liver damage, kidney damage. They put acetaminophen in those drugs( codeine, vicoden, oxycodone) to stop people from abusing them but I think that is pure evil because if the pharmaceutical companies knew anything about addiction and how awesome an oxycodone high feels at a high enough dose they wouldn't put so much f.cking acetaminophen in it...sheesh! It makes me sick these companies. They should know better , that its the acetaminophen NOT the opiates in these drugs that are killing people. That's why from now on I'm never using an NSAID again, if I did I would get my blood work checked every half a month ,lol. To be honest its straight out criminal malfeasance and the pharmaceutical companies should be sued to f.coming death for all the lives they have destroyed putting acetaminophen in these types of opiates ( mostly codeine, vicoden and percocet in the States).

Edit : If your thinking I'm depressed I am. I'm not in pain because I'm depressed , I'm depressed because I'm in pain. And if your thinking of telling me that maybe I should be on anti-depressants don't because all chronic pain patents these days are given antidepressants because these days a lot of them help people with chronic pain. For me I was on mainly nortriptaline and cymbalta which were both junk for pain and the depression that came with my pain. Im in so much pain antidepressants just seem to have no effect on my mood , if your a chronic pain survivor ( much better term for us then 'chronic pain patient' or 'person in pain' or 'person with pain issues' btw just because that's what we are, long term pain is truly torture without pain medicines and other things, in my case epidurals haven't worked either. I had three epidurals so far and only the last one helped me a little. Saying Chronic Pain Survivor to one of us makes you an angel in my book. Anyway you know why antidepressants don't work on this pain patient I would love to know? because I have been on prozac, zoloft, mirtazipine, effexor, and many others even anti-psychotics that are used for pain I have been on too.

Last edited:
Best opiate/opioid for pain relief (first mentioned is most desirable ime):

-With low or zero tolerance: tramadol, hydrocodone, codeine/acetaminophen
-With opiate tolerance: methadone, fentanyl, morphine

Imo, hydromorphone sucks for effective and sustained pain relief, with or without a tolerance. In my case, the effect is never intense enough for more than 20 minutes max...

Best opiate/opioid for euphoria:

-With low or zero tolerance: codeine, tramadol, hydrocodone, hydromorphone (most strong opiates, even in low doses, will give me headaches and nausea if I don't have any tolerance)
-With opiate tolerance: hydromorphone, pharmaceutical morphine or high-grade heroin, oxycodone

The opiates I've tried: codeine (duh...), tramadol, hydrocodone, hydromorphone, morphine, oxycodone, methadone, heroin, fentanyl, meperidine...

Thanks to everyone for their help so far by the way.:)

Anyone here from the UK or a country where heroin is legitimately used by doctors for pain relief. I believe in the UK its just in emergency room settings and surgery, stuff like that but still interesting and a reason I might move their myself. I think they seem more advanced in many respects.

Last edited:
I think in europe diamorphine is rxed for hospice care. It might be rxed for pain relief but since its produced in lypholized vials it seems like it would be difficult for the average joe to dose themselves without a nuurses help. Boy what i wouldnt do for a dozen bozes of 100mg vials of snow white diamorphine amps. Makes me drooool lol.

Here's my list of Elite opiates. In order strongest to weakest.. Using most efficient ROA.

1. Fentanyl
2. Opana (oxymorphone) (IV)
3. Methadone
4. Dilaudid (hydromorphone) (IV)
5. Oxycodone
6. Morphine (IV)
7. Demerol
8. Hydrocodone
9. Codeine
10. Tramadol

What do you guys think of this order? I personally think its very accurate.

Best painkiller ive ever had in my life is Diconal but thats exclusive to uk only now . its better than morphine oxycodone fentanyl and methadone. It is actually related to methadone but is rapidly acting the complete opposite of methadone. Diamorphine is available here for pain management and drug dependency as 10mg instant release tablets but some people say there weaker than morphine as its a morphine prodrug why i dont know and as 5,10,30,100 and 500mg ampules that are usualy liquid free as freeze dried powder amps. ive never had the privilidge to try prescribed heroin though only street heroin.

Please be careful taking your pain medicine. If your doctor thinks your drug seeking or abusing your medicine they may let you go.

Also so don't give up on finding someone. There is a girl that would love to be in your company. Love and accept yourself. Stay positive and again love who you are and you'll attract the same.

stay safe....lots of information in this thread. Good conversation

Best high I've ever had was a Demerol / Valium combo in hospital.

Drugs tried:
Oxycodone, dilaudid, morphine, codeine

I say oxy works best as the dilaudid is sooo short acting and just puts me to sleep. Nodding out isn't my thing. Therefore, oxy.

I mean, regardless you'll develop a massive tolerance and not feel great anymore in due time...

But in my experience this is the order in terms of best painkilling and euphoric effects (although there are many variables like dosage... But assuming it is a similar relative dose)

Strongest to weakest in terms of euphoria and painkilling effect ratio:
1. Heroin
2. Oxy or Dilaudid (seemed about equal to me)
3. Hydrocodone (although you need to extract it from the APAP to get a high dose)
4. Morphine

Codeine is definitely last place.

There are also a few I've never tried.

Here's my NEW list of strongest opiates, in order, not including street drugs (heroin)...just RX opiates.

#1 Fentanyl
#2 Chronic Methadone
#3 Opana
#4 Methadone
#5 Dilaudid (IV, if oral, its way lower)
#6 Oxycodone
#8 Morphine
#9 Hydrocodone
#10 Codeine
#11 Tramadol

I think my list is spot on. I re-searched before I posted, including opiate calculators and strength charts.

For those who don't know the difference of Chronic Methadone and Methadone, the difference is-

Chronic Methadone- Daily doser of methadone

Methadone- Takes methadone as needed, not daily

Chronic methadone is known to be at least 2x stronger than methadone, some sources say even 3x as potent.
I've been on methadone for over 2 1/2 years, dosing everyday. So im a chronic methadone user.
The reason it's stronger when dosing everyday, is because methadone builds up in the body, and can build up from 2 weeks all the way up to a month to be at full force/strength of chronic methadone.

Methadone is a VERY tricky opiate, that's why so many people OD on it.

#1 they don't know that is doesn't fully peak until the 4th hour after dosing.
#2 they dose more and more as they don't feel it after a couple hours, when it reaches its peak, and you dosed more than needed, which is guaranteed you WILL dose more than needed if you don't know anything about methadone, that's what leads to OD/death.

1 ) what are the best opiate pain killers from weakest to strongest for actual pain management? ( list all that you have taken)
1. Heroin
-. Morphine
3. Methadone
4. Oxycodone
5. Poppy tea
6. Buprenorphine
7. Tramadol
8. Ethylmorphine
9. Codeine

2 ) what are the best opiate pain killers to get high from, from weakest to strongest in your opinion? ( list all that you have taken )

1. Heroin (especially IV)
2. Morphine (especially IV)
3. Poppy tea
4. Oxycodone
5. Methadone
-. Buprenorphine
-. Tramadol
-. Codeine
-. Ethylmorphine

Methadone and the ones below are rubbish for recreation.

Edit : some people here think I should try NSAIDs instead, probably because they do not think I am in serious pain because of my comment on being ugly and never getting laid for the rest of my life because I'm deformed in my face and body. Some may think I'm taking opiates for depression and that's definitely not the case, many people substitute opiate highs for sex and since I will never get laid by an attractive women without paying for it , I don't see the problem in using my pain killers, occasionally mind you, as a substitute for a good f.ck.

Then maybe approach women who aren't necessarily physically attractive? Don't you think it's a bit gross that you're talking extensively about how much it sucks for your alleged "ugliness" preventing you from dating, but the only thing you specify about your hypothetical partner is that she's "attractive" and wants to fuck you?

Just like you have a lot to offer outside your looks, so do women.

Potency is not debatable...recreational potential is. The opiate comparison chart can help you figure out equivalent doses and whatnot.

As for which opies are most euphoric, that's subjective. I prefer the less sedating ones (oxycodone, hydrocodone) over noddy stuff like pods and morphine. Never tried anything stronger than oxycodone, sadly. I imagine dilaudid would be right up my alley :)

Lady Codone-

You and I relate quite nicely, I myself like the upper type opiates, not a nodding fan either. All the 'dones, get me stimulated, and they're by far my favorite opiates, talking about-

1. Methadone
2. Oxycodone
3. Hydrocodone

Others tell me methadone makes them nod too much, but imo its because their dose is too high. OR, the body chemistry is different from person to person, someone might nod on methadone, others will get stimulated on methadone, like me, I get stimulated. But imo, if you stay on a dose for a while, like at least 6+ months, to find your stable dose, I found mine to be 80mg, and it def. gets me stimulated. I add benzos, and other opiates to my methadone, and I get MORE stimulated as my methadone of course gets stronger with the benzos and other potentiaters.

i personally think oxycodone, oxymorphine, the whole hydrocodone/hydromorphone family of thebaine derived opioids personally SUCK at PAIN RELIEF, they are way way to fast acting and stimulating, i think they provide a fast quic intense euphoric high with minimal pain relief (that is if ur new to these 4 drugs) for someone with chronic pain, those 4 are SO not the ones to take if ur in pain, i belief morphine sulphate works wonders for pain, yes the euphoria may not be the greatest to some who think that, but it has a long duration and heavy painkilling effects. fentanyl is great for pain relief, however its not for everyone and a lot of people just cant tolerate the side effects. methadone is wondeerful for pain management, and provides a nice buzz, but after awhile u will lose that, but for pain relief its awesome. heroin, ah, i think its more euphoria than anything...even though its a close relative of morphine it just is too fast acting..maybe this is just my body talking

i completely agree with this post! the codones and morphones seem great to get high off with intense/rushy, stimulating euphoric highs but the pain relief is very short lived, and taking them long release doesn't really cut it either. for deep pain that i have these substances don't work and i have to take the more 'unpleasant' (to me anyway)/heavy feeling opiates like morphine. hell, tramadols work better for my back pain then codones and morphones in my opinion.... now if i get a headache however, a more superficial type of pain, an oxycodone or vicodin or 2 will work wonders.

Does this happen to anyone else? Or just me? My opiate of choices, all get me stimulated. My opiates if choice are at the moment-

1. Methadone
2. Oxycodone
3. Hydrocodone
4. Morphine

Those are the opiates I currently take, ALL of them get me stimulated. No matter how high of a dose I take, the more I take, the more stimulated I get.

Before I got on Methadone, my opiates of choice were-

1. Oxycodone
2. Heroin (Black tar, smoked)
3. Hydrocodone
4. Dilaudid (plugged)

I know Oxy/Hydrocodone both are known to get MOST people stimulated, but Even Heroin and Dilaudid get me stimulated.
I have never nodded out on a opiate by itself, only when I take benzos on top.

Does this happen to anyone else, or is it just me? LOL

Those new generic g74 opana 40s are the best, strongest, most euphoric, long lasting opiate on the market. /attempt #2 to end thread

Status
Not open for further replies.