• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Best Opiate for pain relief

TheBioStudent

Greenlighter
Hey!

I messed my back up falling backwards down a set of stairs.

I have tried the following drugs but it has had very little effect they have all been prescribed by my GP.

I was wondering if there is any recommendations

Codeine - 120-240 mg per day
Dihydrocodeine - 240 mg per day
Tramadol - 400 mg per day

I'm guessing you're in the UK?

The next step I'd think would be either morphine or tapentadol, not sure about dosages.

No asking how to get high that, but due to being different I'll share my answer. Long short term oxymorphone ir 4x-6x as needed as it has a 7-9 hour half life. Longer term oxycodone ER for Maintenance 3x a day with oxymorphone ir 4x for breakthrough. Short term morphine ER 2x or if one has allergies and can tolerate oxycodone then ER of that 2x. Immediate relief hydromorphone due to the short half life no more than 6x a day. Don't become dependent on these meds as you will suffer unless you go to a proper in patient detox using phenobarbital to detox the first 3 days then continuing for 30 days ropinirole & clonidine... The best way to manage pain is acetaminophen and non drug treatment if you can.

Edit : these are just recommendations to help you understand what's best to mask the pain, but that is all it will do and the stigma nowadays makes it damn near impossible to get a script. Here in the states you need to go through pain management and a GP/Pcp will usually just treat you like a pill seeking addict for asking even with legitimate pain. I would like to change that, but that is some high hopes.

No asking how to get high that, but due to being different I'll share my answer. Long short term oxymorphone ir 4x-6x as needed as it has a 7-9 hour half life. Longer term oxycodone ER for Maintenance 3x a day with oxymorphone ir 4x for breakthrough. Short term morphine ER 2x or if one has allergies and can tolerate oxycodone then ER of that 2x. Immediate relief hydromorphone due to the short half life no more than 6x a day. Don't become dependent on these meds as you will suffer unless you go to a proper in patient detox using phenobarbital to detox the first 3 days then continuing for 30 days ropinirole & clonidine... The best way to manage pain is acetaminophen and non drug treatment if you can.

Edit : these are just recommendations to help you understand what's best to mask the pain, but that is all it will do and the stigma nowadays makes it damn near impossible to get a script. Here in the states you need to go through pain management and a GP/Pcp will usually just treat you like a pill seeking addict for asking even with legitimate pain. I would like to change that, but that is some high hopes.

I really don't want to get hooked on the stronger meds. I'm only 20. I have 2 mg diazepam for emergency spams on regular prescription. My Dr is understanding but I am worried that asking for a stronger method of pain control will lead me down a path I don't want to go on. I go to physio once a week and use Naproxen and Paracetamol everyday