• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Best opiate for Fibromyalgia with opiate addiction and hep C

drchinacat

Greenlighter
I have fibro and I know my heroin addiction is a direct result of that. I've been off heroin for six months with a few relapsed here and there so my opiate tolerance is low now.
I have hepatitis C and a history of liver failure so I cannot take medications with APAP aka Tylenol. They're not safe for me to take at all.
So what I'm asking is if anyone has any suggestions as to what the best opiate to take would be? Like what should I tell the doctor? This dr doesn't know of my past addiction so he usually asks what works best for me.
What works best for your chronic pain?? Nothing with APAP though8)

The op oxys... You can't do anything with them except take them orally and they work as well as the old ones without the ability to change them to ir at least easily

I have fibromyalgia and find morphine works best for my pain, oxycodone does work for the fatique but if you was an ex heroin addict you will abuse the oxycodone, I also read in a study that heroin users prefer morphine because heroin is two kinds of morphine or three but mainly metabolises into morphine.
I also read that mscontin taken properly keeps out of withdrawals and people preferred this than the side effects of methadone and bupe, plus morphine is easier to come off.
Nothing will ever fully help fibromyalgia pain its a weird illness, pregablin works but im gonna ask to lower my dose due to cognitive problems, also im trying to ask about cymbalta.

I think I've read about tramadol (possibly due to the SNRI effects) or methadone (possibly due to the NMDA effects) helping pretty good
Or something like pregabalin