• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Gaming Best low commitment/stress video games.

I'm playing assassin Creed black flag right now. It's pretty stress relieving for me just running around the open world

I'm playing assassin Creed black flag right now. It's pretty stress relieving for me just running around the open world

I wish they'd build a sequel around the ship combat/exploration. THAT part of the game is so addicting for me it's ridiculous.

Black flag was very good, probably tied for my favorite in the series

This game in Japanese, quite easy to play despite not knowing Japanese. They are know. For creating Neko Atsume. You basically pack lunches for a frog and it goes on vacation and takes pictures. It’s called Tabikaeru: Journey Frog

Honestly, hearthstone for the computer is very low stress. A 1 on 1 card game. In regards to commitment, it does take a while to build up a good deck and become competitive, but on the other hand there are several decks you can build that don't require many rare cards and can be "crafted" quite easily. But low stress? Check.

Boarderlands 2 has been pretty chill here lately. Been playing online co-op with other players and its been really fun.

elder scrolls online

you can just run around and do random stuff if you don't want to do a complex quest line, etc. Endless things to do really.

features a sims-type house building expansion; definitely one of the best upgrades for the game.

Oh man a PC is like a must have.

They do ESO on Xbox I believe. But it’s better on PC.

When I was in high school in my computer apps class I used to spend hours looking at that really expensive Alienware stuff. I thought for sure I would have enough money by now to have something like that. Lol I was so naive.

We had a really shitty one for a couple of years. I played runescape and fucked around with Kazaa/limewire etc. it was dial up. Remember spending like a week to download a song, then when it finally got done it wasn't even the right song? Or wouldn't even play at all? Ahh memories.

i mainly just browsed around, wrote shit down, and got my friend with better internet and a CD burner to make shit for me. Man, back in the day, to have a CD player and a cd where every song was one you picked out, that was the shit. Made the bus ride home go by so much quicker.

I am strictly a PC gamer (well, doing mobile devices now at work ;) ). So that's my background and I cannot agree more with:

For example I find turn-based strategy games extremely relaxing but I know some people might find them frustrating and complex. I put a lot of hours into Civilisation 5/6 and Endless Space 2 (The music in Endless Space is unreal). You can literally sit back slouched in your chair and just chill, take as much time as you want to perform actions and then end your turn. It's surprisingly addictive.

Though, I stuck mainly with Civ5 (6 added features that didn't appeal to me). Turn based, so it is at YOUR pace as well as save whenever, return whenever, with plenty of adjustments and choices to make each game unique. That, and I absolutely suck at FPS.

Too bad you don't live near me, I would build you a PC. Hell, I likely have enough old parts to make something decent and the extra parts wouldn't cost you much.

= = =

For mobile gaming on the phone or tablet, I find myself quitting a lot of games after about a week. Primary need is to be able to play 'at my schedule'. If I'm rearranging my life to join in a clan war or some shit, fk it...I don't need that stress. Did it when I first got into mobile gaming, setting alarms at 2AM, sneaking out of conference calls to join a fight = seriously interfered with my real world. Games with a clan-alliance seem to be the norm, but I need ones where even group activities are 'at your pace'. Also F2P needs to be realistic and not a farce, though I P2P a lot (set budget). This leaves me with ProEvolutionSoccer (PES) Club Manager where you manage a team of global FIFA players. Kinda cool - at your pace, at your F2P or P2P/W level as you choose, enough events to keep it interesting = very low stress for about 1.5y now. Amazing graphics, IMO, combined with a great deal of depth for control over players and team play if you wish...or keep it simple if you prefer. I'd give this about 8.5/10.

Second mobile game is currently Empires & Puzzles. It uses a match 3-4-5 scheme to fight, charge up characters that you develop and fire special attacks. Pretty low stress - not a hard and fast time constraint, closest they get to that is alliance wars are 24 hrs, you need to hit once during the first 12 and again in the back 12. Wide range of characters, but not so wide you're lost figuring out who to use nor overwhelmed thinking you need them all. The F2P works, but you still hit a ceiling at some point where growth slows way down and you might start asking "why am I still doing this?". Probably give this 6/10 and look to drop it in the next 3-6 months.

Most recent game is Age of Magic. It's built on the Star Wars Game of Heroes engine, you can hardly find anything they modified other than char names and the graphics. It provides a better storyline, and character sets, but gameplay is pretty much the same. They have clans, but they don't do much other than try to max out the daily quests (each person does their own, and rewards increase with overall clan points). F2P works for the most part. I'm a bit obsessive about getting all the characters, but you don't really need to. I'd give it a 6.5/10.

= = =

We do have a wii (older model), and an old disc for Pacman Party. More kid oriented, but has some fun little challenges along the way. Gets boring after a bit, IMO. But the disc comes with a bunch of old school arcade games like Pacman, Galaga, Centipede, etc. If you wanted to go back in time.

We had a really shitty one for a couple of years. I played runescape and fucked around with Kazaa/limewire etc. it was dial up. Remember spending like a week to download a song, then when it finally got done it wasn't even the right song? Or wouldn't even play at all? Ahh memories.

i mainly just browsed around, wrote shit down, and got my friend with better internet and a CD burner to make shit for me. Man, back in the day, to have a CD player and a cd where every song was one you picked out, that was the shit. Made the bus ride home go by so much quicker.

I wish I was in a position to just give you a desktop

More essential than food.