• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids best kratom for opiate withdrawal

In my experience...

Red strains, Bali (in reality grown in Borneo) and Thai should work the best to keep your opioid receptors satisfied. When I was quitting oxycodone the strains I used were "Red Thai Maeng Da" and "Green Malay" (Green Malay had longer duration, gave me more energy, but less classical opioid effects) during the day and "Red Bali" before sleep.

^^^ This sounds about right, in my experience.
Reds tend to put one "down" but opi WDs are handled best
Greens tend to give a balance of pain relief and mood boost
Whites are energetic

Just an opinion based on consuming the plant matter for around three yrs.

yeah only thing i hate about it is if eel i have to dose every 4 hours waking out of sleep 2 to 3 times going through methadone withdrawal day 24 now hoping only have 2 more weeks left max

I'm doing about 5 grams of Red Sumatra every 4hrs for Fent wd and i was surprised at how I feel comfortable. I don't mind the mild sedation as I'm naturally anxious.
Is another red better? I'm new at this and totally open to suggestions!

I'm doing about 5 grams of Red Sumatra every 4hrs for Fent wd and i was surprised at how I feel comfortable. I don't mind the mild sedation as I'm naturally anxious.
Is another red better? I'm new at this and totally open to suggestions!

Regarding strains it all depends on personal taste/response and the actual leaf behind the strain name which is dependent on the source from which you are buying. Personally I found Sumatra Red to be inferior to the other red strains I tried. One being Red Thai (Maeng Da) and other Red Bali. Actualy, for oxycodone withdrawal ( daily tolerance of 120mg+, just not to be in withdrawal) my favorite strain during the day was Green Malay. But I would suspect that for the fentanyl (never tried fent so I am guessing) would be one of the more potent red ones. Two I mentioned were best for me. Red Thai Maeng Da was more energetic but still very much opioid like (think of it like oxycodone in full opioid agonist land) and Red Bali was more sedating (following analogy, think of more morphine like). Forget about white strains if you are after opioid effects.

Hope that helps a bit, but I must say again that the actual effects are different from vendor to vendor and am speaking from personal experience.

Hope you kick that Fent off your back. Kratom comes with its own set of troubles but comparably to fentanyl (or even oral oxycodone/morphine) it is a great leap into the right direction. :)

Regarding strains it all depends on personal taste/response and the actual leaf behind the strain name which is dependent on the source from which you are buying. Personally I found Sumatra Red to be inferior to the other red strains I tried. One being Red Thai (Maeng Da) and other Red Bali. Actualy, for oxycodone withdrawal ( daily tolerance of 120mg+, just not to be in withdrawal) my favorite strain during the day was Green Malay. But I would suspect that for the fentanyl (never tried fent so I am guessing) would be one of the more potent red ones. Two I mentioned were best for me. Red Thai Maeng Da was more energetic but still very much opioid like (think of it like oxycodone in full opioid agonist land) and Red Bali was more sedating (following analogy, think of more morphine like). Forget about white strains if you are after opioid effects.

Hope that helps a bit, but I must say again that the actual effects are different from vendor to vendor and am speaking from personal experience.

Hope you kick that Fent off your back. Kratom comes with its own set of troubles but comparably to fentanyl (or even oral oxycodone/morphine) it is a great leap into the right direction. :)
Thank you for putting so much thought into your response! I've got Lupus and it's pretty serious, but I would like to try an alternative to Fent. This would be ideal. I'm going to look at the site tonight and order what you said. And if it doesn't work i will hold you responsible 😉😄 jk jk No i understand it is very much a person to person thing. I do like the opiod receptor qualities you described. Why lie? I love the feeling of opiates. Its sweet pain relief. But if a plant can almost imitate it, I'm down.

I just took my first dose ever of Kratom (Red Bali) 20 minutes ago. I’m wondering when it’ll kick in. I got capsules instead of plain powder because I’m not great keeping funny tasting stuff down. I have high hopes!

I use green maeng da . I like it because it gives energy , mood boost and is relaxing . I used it to get off about 40-60 mg oxy a day . Such a life saver , my local gas station even carries it and I liked it better than online vendors I have tried . It’s so nice to be able to buy legally at a good price . Don’t try to take too much because you will throw up ! It really helps with withdrawing, it was pretty much painless , took away the rls and I slept every night . I mix it in lemon iced tea . Takes some getting used to , it is gross . Prob takes longer to kick in with capsules.

How much did ya take and are ya feeling anything yet?
Well I had to take more after I realized 1000mg = 1 gram. I was thinking 100mg = 1 gram. So I just dosed myself up to 3 grams about 22 mins ago. Nothing yet but I’ve been on a minimum of 60mg of Oxycodone daily for years now. I’m going to run out of Oxys before I can get a refill so I’m hoping this helps. BTW, I’ve made a point of not eating anything for the past few hours in case food inhibits the full absorption of Kratom.
Any advice re: correct dosage based on my current Oxy use, and/or any general Kratom advice would be greatly appreciated 😍

Update: it’s been almost an hour since I took the 3 grams of Red Bali and I feel pleasant. But that is all. Do I need to dose up a bit or could the Kratom Peak be just around the corner, in terms of minutes? I took capsules which may have affected the response time...

I feel pleasant. But that is all. Do I need to dose up
This is about all one can expect from kratom. This "pleasant" feeling is what helps one get off other drugs... just enough to not go through hellish WDs. Do not expect too much as it is subtle but effective regarding WDs.
3-5 grams should help keep the worst of the WDs at bay. I
Eating with kratom will slow the effects but prolong them. It will also *hit faster if ya pour the powder out of the capsules and put it in some warm water to mix easier. Just enough to shoot down in one gulp. Drink plenty of water as this will help the effects greatly, IME.
Glad it is working for ya!
;)

Well it’s 5:18am and I’m still up. I added some CBD to my gabapentins, benedryl and baclofens last night in the hopes of getting some sleep but no such luck. No RLS, just no sleep once again.

Update: it’s been almost an hour since I took the 3 grams of Red Bali and I feel pleasant. But that is all. Do I need to dose up a bit or could the Kratom Peak be just around the corner, in terms of minutes? I took capsules which may have affected the response time...

You might need more than 3g if you're going through opioid WD. You could try 4-5g at once, that might help you sleep a bit. Some people need even more for acute WD.
For me kratom peaks at about 45min-1h and food doesn't really decrease the effects, just maybe wait about 30min before eating.

I love the red bali I ordered. I just bit the bullet and learned to toss and wash with chocolate milk. It totally negates the taste. You can also measure them out and make kratom jello shots. They go right down the hatch and alkaloids are preserved. I've been mixing Red Bali and red maeng da during the day. Then Red Bali and Red Sumatra at night. Has taken away Fentanyl WD completely.

I love the red bali I ordered. I just bit the bullet and learned to toss and wash with chocolate milk. It totally negates the taste. You can also measure them out and make kratom jello shots. They go right down the hatch and alkaloids are preserved. I've been mixing Red Bali and red maeng da during the day. Then Red Bali and Red Sumatra at night. Has taken away Fentanyl WD completely.
Correction, not completely. Imodium 12mg and I take Clonidine regularly so I imagine it helps, but can't be sure since I am normally prescribed it.
Imodium helps with the cold sweats. Ive tapered it down a bit to 8mg and will keep going.

The CBD oil was so gross in my mouth I didn’t bother to take last night. The Bali Kratom was making me a bit speedy so I’m not taking that today. Should I just hit the Chardonnay?

Alcohol during withdrawal usually ends up making me feel worse. At first, for a few minutes, it does seem to help but once the short alcohol peak/buzz starts to wear off then there is a rebound in which the nasty opioid wd symptoms actually seem to intensify. Sometimes people who drink to cover wd do so by drinking heavily Non stop until refill time, though I don't recommend this either obviously. Drinking during wd just never really worked well for me.