• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Best Gabapentinoid?

Memantine

Bluelighter
Wich one is the most recreational? Phenibut, baclofen (i am not sure if it is a gabapentinoid), gabapentin or pregabalin?

I've only used phenibut, and I wouldn't call it recreational in the traditional sense, don't expect euphoria or any kind of rush. On the other hand it's very good at what it's intended for, which is reducing anxiety without being sedating, and it will definitely help you feel more at ease in stressful situations.

Pregabalin; hands down. In my opinion, pregabalin (Lyrica) is good for a few reasons. First of all, unlike phenibut, pregabalin is regulated medicine, so you know what you're getting every time. It's better than gabapentin (Neurontin) because unlike gabapentin, it's bioavailability/potency is not mediated by stomach content. Gabapentin's effects tend to vary wildly based upon the lipid content of your stomach. Otherwise though, pregabalin and gabapentin are quite similar in effect.

Second of all, I've heard some relatively bad things about phenibut through reading people's experience with the substance. I've only used it a handful of times, so I cannot personally comment on the dependence side of it, but from what I've gathered, phenibut dependence and withdrawal (which is usually described in nightmarish terms) comes on quickly.

Pregabalin dependence/withdrawal seems to be quite severe as well in some cases, but it seems that most of those who experience severe withdrawal have been on the medication for a long period of time. So in conclusion, pregabalin takes the cake. It's an awesome medication when used sparingly. I am clean from opiates currently and the pregabalin tends to give me the little boost I need.

This is all purely opinion. I'm sure other BL'ers have different preferences.

Bear in mind that both pregabalin and phenibut have a rather long half-life and onset, so if you're hoping for an opiate replacement they might not be what you're looking for.

Bear in mind that both pregabalin and phenibut have a rather long half-life and onset, so if you're hoping for an opiate replacement they might not be what you're looking for.

Both actually have a short half-life. 5 hours for phenibut, 6 for pregabalin. Phenibut just has a very long duration of action. Pregabalin only lasts a few hours though, same kind of duration as Xanax.

Sorry, for some reason I was under the impression it had a relatively long half-life compared to opiates. I also though phenibut was closer to 12 hours...?

Sorry, for some reason I was under the impression it had a relatively long half-life compared to opiates. I also though phenibut was closer to 12 hours...?

Phenibut's duration of action is close to 12 hours. Half-life and duration of action are not necessarily the same.