• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Best for extreme anxiety?

OK.
We get some strange postings and questions at times and it was my thought that this may be another of those.
My deepest apologies for any offense this may have caused but I do hope you understand.

Is he only on the paxil or are there any other Rx-ed drugs taken as directed?

Of course most drugs cover issues and they fester without treating the source of what may lie beneath. I am not a doctor but have many years experiences with several mental and physical "conditions".
I suggested the phenibut hcl as I have been on it for years at lowish doses and it indeed helps with anxiety (in social situations), depression and possible OCD... maybe someone can chime in on the possible effects re: OCD. If not I will stay up all night and find the best answers I can find.
Thanks for taking the time to post diagnosis as this maybe shoulda been in with first post as it gives more to work on when others try to figure out a possible solution that you seem desperate for.
Best regards
He is no longer on Paxil, he tapered off that a year ago. He has discontinuation syndrome from that withdrawal. He’s on Zyprexa, Seroquel, and Klonopin.

His anxiety seems to be caused by his sympathetic nervous system being out of whack, and it started many years ago. He doesn’t have social anxiety.

Doctors and psychiatrists have just messed him up more with so many different meds. Nothing he has tried (and he’s tried many of them) have worked.

Thank you for all your help and information.

This is a touchy situation, imo.
Phenibut will increase the effects of any drug taken in my experience. So with him on these meds... can they be tapered down or stopped without too much head-fuckery?
What I mean to covey is that if phenibut is tried... it may be best to have as little of the meds Rx-ed as possible.
I mean, lots of people combine phenibut with just about everything but this is your son and do not wanna potentially put any more aggravating circumstances in yalls lives.
AS a mother... what is your hopes for an acceptable outcome?
If I had any other option to suggest I would gladly.
This is the only substance that keeps me "stable" besides benzodiazepines and this is no fun road to travel.

He’s on Zyprexa, Seroquel, and Klonopin.
Holy fuck... no wonder he cannot be "himself".
Looks like they tryin to turn him into a zombie of sorts.
Please talk to doc(s) and be pushy if ya must it is his life at risk.
Is he old enough, and able to communicate his "feelings/experiences" on his own here at BL?
It is sometimes more revealing from first-person perspective.
Not saying your words mean nothing... they mean much - just would like to pick his brains a bit is all.
Later

Hers something on this here on BL... there are several and I was looking for the main one I studied before gettin into it by Xor but can never find it. Here it is and gonna bookmark it this time. ;)

hope ya come back with good news.
and rest... we all need it to take on life.

Last edited:
Order phenibut hcl
give him 500mg to start (thats half a gram). use a scale that reads mgs.
if it works all well... dose him every third day or as needed. it takes a long time to "effect" but lasts forever.
first... talk to his doctor and try to get his meds "right" as a lot of times its the mixing of certain meds that causes issues... i know this from my own and many others that have been medicated after being in battle sits.
just a thought
That can be highly addictive

Alien Dawg is always a safe bet

I’m looking for help for my son. He has EXTREME debilitating anxiety. He’s on 2 meds to control it, but they’re not helping. Long history of being on Paxil and tapering off, only to be left with extreme discontinuation syndrome.

He also recently quit drinking (3 weeks sober). The beer was the only thing that helped his anxiety, so now that’s gone, he’s really having a horrible time.

Can anyone suggest what he might try? Smoking? ( I know Indica would be best most likely).

Edibles? CBD?

He’s deathly afraid that it will cause more anxiety, and his brain is so messed up from the Paxil withdrawal, that we’re both very cautious, but there’s not much left to try.

TIA everyone!
Best wishes for him Paxil was a nightmare for me at one point I was insufflating it I recall the worst burn I ever had in the woods by Saranac Lake.

Made me sick to smoke while taking SSRIs first thing in the morning on an empty stomach

Yes... this has been covered many times in this thread.
Good to make it well know, though.
Just dose as a sane person and it's not that much of a danger. My take from experience.
The bottles I ordered had instructions not to take like more than three days in a row.

Are you implying I am insane?

Are you implying I am insane?
Kinda. :LOL: Takes one to know one.
Nah, man, everyone has put in the info of no more than twice a week and/or every third day.
Moms will do her diligence re: researh before/if trying this (hopefully) as she truly seems to love him more than herself.
I also am trying to see if doc(s) can get a grip on this before adding any more substance.
Insane... what does that even mean? :stoned:

I get extreme anxiety... I recommend kratom. Kratom and just a tiny bit of good cannabis extract. You can take weed just not to much there are studies on the effects of microdosing marijuana and as long as you stay in the 5mg range your good it really helps.

If alcohol has worked I would try something like Kava root. While doing research on alternatives to anxiety pharmaceuticals I came across some success stories about taking Kava as a replacement for anxiety meds and alcohol addiction. Not saying anyone here is an addict. Some readings suggested it produced similar effects like alcohol. CBD can be great, but it depends on the user. It can take longer for your CB receptors to activate allowing better absorption through the blood brain barrier compared to THC. Starting off with 10mg CBD doses every 4-6hours may be beneficial for anxiety. Nature with nature will work fantastically but I do not recommend combining CBD with pharmaceuticals because it can change the way your body metabolizes other substances. Always consult your doctor and do as much relative research as possible. Ask questions and make your best judgment. In my opinion experimenting with small doses of CBD is much safer than experimenting with any pharmaceutical.

Sorry everyone, life has been very busy and overwhelming. I’m reading when I can, and will comment when I have more time.

we did have a major setback that We’re still dealing with.

Looks like they tryin to turn him into a zombie of sorts.
Please talk to doc(s) and be pushy if ya must it is his life at risk.
Is he old enough, and able to communicate his "feelings/experiences" on his own here at BL?
He’s on Zyprexa, Seroquel, and Klonopin.

I agree. If your son is on all of these medications I feel like there is something more going on than just anxiety. I have really extreme anxiety myself as well as other problems but have only really been on one of those medications at a time, not all 3. That combination is really, really heavy stuff if he's on all 3 on the same time (and paxil??). If he's still having anxiety and takes all that I think something else is going on here.

I have severe anxiety as well as a bit of schizophrenia and if I can advise in the situation at all I hope I can.

How old is your son? You say he drinks, how much (and are you really sure how much he drinks)? What other issues does he have? There must be more.

I hope the set back wasn't too bad, we really do want to help.

If alcohol has worked I would try something like Kava root. While doing research on alternatives to anxiety pharmaceuticals I came across some success stories about taking Kava as a replacement for anxiety meds and alcohol addiction. Not saying anyone here is an addict. Some readings suggested it produced similar effects like alcohol. CBD can be great, but it depends on the user. It can take longer for your CB receptors to activate allowing better absorption through the blood brain barrier compared to THC. Starting off with 10mg CBD doses every 4-6hours may be beneficial for anxiety. Nature with nature will work fantastically but I do not recommend combining CBD with pharmaceuticals because it can change the way your body metabolizes other substances. Always consult your doctor and do as much relative research as possible. Ask questions and make your best judgment. In my opinion experimenting with small doses of CBD is much safer than experimenting with any pharmaceutical.
When we go and "consult our Doctor" arn't we subject to the Doctor's inherent biases and positions on certain matters? For example, my previous family doctor took a hard-line no weed, all drug users deserve to die type of view to life. He also believed that big pharma could do no wrong.

improve sleep quality if interrupted using short term medications - Phenergan etc even just sleeping the full 8 hours 2 nights a week can improve mental cognitive function significantly,
Also i would recommend some high quality CBD products, ideally flower

Depression, anxiety and OCD

Are you in a legal state, MissDiana? If you're not, most recommendations would be strain-based and in vain due to the inconsistencies that come with the black market.

Depression's tricky for me, but as far as anxiety goes you're going to want to look for strains that are heavy on the CBD side of the CBD:THC ratio. You don't have to rule THC out, but typically that's the main culprit when a strain induces anxiety instead of relieving it. I'm going to private message you a website that might help you in your search for the right kind of weed, if that's the route your son decides he wants to take.