• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine Best drugs to use incase of Coke OD?

evo4ever

Bluelighter
Hey all.

One of my friends is hosting a house party on Saturday night and there's gonna be shit loads of coke lol. The thing is someone is probably gonna do one too many lines and before ya know it someone is overdosing it always happens but thankfully no one has ever been seriously injured. I wanna take some sedatives with me just incase, what would u recommend? I have the following meds which could come in handy....

Chlorpromazine - Antipsychotic.
Quetiapine - Antipsychotic.
Mirtazapine - Sedative Antidepressant / Antiserotonergic.
Clonazepam - Benzodiazepine.

Would any of those drugs help incase of a Coke OD? I think the Clonazepam is an obvious one. Cheers guys!

Hi bro! whats up?
Clonazepam to lower anxiety and heart rate is very good. And quetiapine can help someone with a psychotic attack that can occur in overdose. By the way, if you are going to try to help, be careful with the doses, keep in mind that everyone reacts in different ways, the safest of all on that list is clonazepam.

In terms of the Antipsychotics I've got the lowest dose tablet for each of them and I've got 2mg Clonazepam tablets. Don't antipsychotics block / antagonize dopamine?

In terms of the Antipsychotics I've got the lowest dose tablet for each of them and I've got 2mg Clonazepam tablets. Don't antipsychotics block / antagonize dopamine?
Yes, but it would be a very rough blow, I would use them in an extreme case, but for someone small 0.5mg of clonazepam or 1mg could help a lot ... until you can call an ambulance

My only guess as to why would be vasodilation counteracting the vasoconstriction of the Cocaine?

That said, typically most people’s cocaine overdoses are more anxiety based in which case I’m not sure that would help.

I only knew one dude who’s truly bad bad overdosed a few times, he blacked out both times for around 15mins, the second time waking up to cops. He really pushed the limits with IV use though.

-GC

That said, typically most people’s cocaine overdoses are more anxiety based in which case I’m not sure that would help.

I agree, unless you're IV, you typically won't reach those limits. You would have to be doing some massively pure cocaine or outrageous doses insufflated and normally your body would be able to send off signals prior to getting there and one would be incredibly uncomfortable, which is usually where the anxiety kicks in and prevents people (usually) from continuing use. IV bypasses that threshold, I can't even recall how many times my hearing would go, and sometimes even vision, or faint all together, seizure, etc. all within milligrams difference of a dose.

IV cocaine is in a whole separate universe from insufflated or smoked cocaine.

Not really sure how good of an idea to throw benzo or other drugs into the mix with a large group of people, as that sounds bound to encounter some truly serious problems out of sheer probability.

It's different to discuss one person's unique conditions to discussing a group of people, as who knows what all of those individuals will have on board besides just the cocaine.

Avoid alcohol. Avoid further stims e.g. meth. Stick to lines dont IV or smoke if possible. If IV or doing hoots medium ones not big fuckin' ringers. Have someone sober or at least willing to stay well within limits to monitor. Have a game plan, talk it out. Try to actually follow a few of these rules.

Insofar as what you've got on hand for calming people down what you have is okay.. xanax can be snorted so thats a possible quick roa for a benzo if its needed. Just try not to have this life where an OD is something that "always happens" though. Sounds tough, scary too. Stay safe everyone.

If you MUST snort xanax (gross), be sure to clean out nasal passage prior, the pills and coke together will sometimes give u a cement like feeling in the nose...in my experience.

xanax can be snorted so thats a possible quick roa for a benzo if its needed

What is the point of sniffing a non-water-soluble molecule? If it can't readily pass through nasal mucosa, it's just going to drip down esophagus and absorb into bloodstream through stomach and intestinal walls (aka oral route of administration) after stomach acid allows the neutralization reaction. So, yes, I guess technically you can swallow the pill's powder through your nasal cavities first, although I'm not sure why?

What is the point of sniffing a non-water-soluble molecule? If it can't readily pass through nasal mucosa, it's just going to drip down esophagus and absorb into bloodstream through stomach and intestinal walls (aka oral route of administration.). So, yes, I guess technically you can swallow the pill's powder through your nasal cavities first, although I'm not sure why?
Must have been misinformed. Thanks for the correction. I've done it with xanax, and with diazepam too, with others, but didnt realize there was a difference in onset time of effects at the time.

I would imagine a tiny percentage of it makes it through the nasal mucosa, plus it has time to absorb in any oral mucosa in the pharynx before it reaches the esophagus. I just can't imagine it would be enough to "feel" it unless you're sniffing a decent amount. It would be extremely inefficient, for sure.

depending on how much you do the effects are felt faster by snorting and can be somewhat intense but last not even half as long as taking orally. But like @Deru said its pretty much a waste. Especially if you are using it to counter the effects of a stim....

Yes there will be a lot of alcohol too so ppl will be pursing the Cocaethylene high, me included. Actually I won't do Coke unless I've been drinking. I'll just take a strip of Rivotrils (clonazepam 2mg) with me and if they're needed I'll give a quarter of a tab to that person (0.5mg) and just as long as he/she hasn't drank too much as well.

One more question.. What does one do when u can no longer snort anymore due to a blocked nose? Are there any other ROAs?