• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Best drug to get rid of (nightmares)

^ Diladid to reduce dreams is... extreme.

A low dose benzo or benzo agonist( like the Z drugs, or a Etiz) would be very effective, and if only taken at night,(w/ occasionally taking a break, or just taking it a couple times a week) should have minimal problems

Zolpidem wears off so fast, an Xr formula or, 10-15mg(tolerance depends) could work, however Temazepam seems pretty good for this purpose.

15mg starting dose, if no GABA tolerance, you can try ~7-8mg at first(half a 15mg capsule) Valium wears off fast enough, that it can also be used( 7.5mg could be a reasonable dose, though start low and slow)

I’m surprised anything but marijuana is an answer on here.

You can’t smoke all day/every day or you’ll start dreaming as your blood levels lower at night. You’d have to keep it strictly to right before bed. That’s my experience at least.

Thanks for all your answers. The PTSD was from a long time ago. Abuse and seeing a passenger plane fall out of the sky. (Others to but just too much to mention.) And thank you I have tried Marijuana with no difference I take some time off the zzzs and Temaz see if theres and improvement. Peace.

Thanks for all your answers. The PTSD was from a long time ago. Abuse and seeing a passenger plane fall out of the sky. (Others to but just too much to mention.) And thank you I have tried Marijuana with no difference I take some time off the zzzs and Temaz see if theres and improvement. Peace.

Therapy and talking about it help most for PTSD in my experience. I do understand all about the nightmares too...I have some horrible ones sometimes...Ive tried clonidine and it didn't help..opiates/opioids made them worse...Talking helped me though.

Don't know if it's the same for you or not, but I found that getting up early in the morning helped a lot too. If I am off work and have nothing to do and sleep in past the time I would normally get up, the nightmares came really, really bad....I've no idea why that is though...

Therapy and talking about it help most for PTSD in my experience. I do understand all about the nightmares too...I have some horrible ones sometimes...Ive tried clonidine and it didn't help..opiates/opioids made them worse...Talking helped..

Don't know if it's the same for you or not, but I found that getting up early in the morning helped a lot too. If I am off work and have nothing to do and sleep in past the time I would normally get up, the nightmares come really, really bad....I've no idea why that is though...

This exactly, I've had similar success with talking about issues, meds were a miserable failure.