• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Best benzo/med for sleeping

Status
Not open for further replies.

burnergod

Ex-Bluelighter
So I tried a lot of benzo and meds in general, still I'm not satisfied 100% of results (I know it's hard, otherwise everyone would took the only -magic- working pill extisting)
What I need is something that put me in a deep state of sleep (sooner it kicks, better it is). Also, I would want to sleep with a "turned off" brain, I don't want to dream (good or bad doesn't matter), or at least I don't want to remember anything when I wake up.

My experience:
(Huge)
- Clonazepam, Lormetazepam, Olanzapine/Zyprexa, Levomepromazine
(Medium-Low)
- Diazepam, Oxycodone, Triazolam, Lorazepam, Alprazolam, Zolpidem/Stilnox, Subuxone/Subutex, Tramadol, Promazine, Clozapine

Levomepromazine (and Clozapine) is the equivalent of taking an hammer in the head (my experience), I was taking 100mg almost every time. But even with 25mg it was too strong, also the Levomepromazine was making my heartbeat crazy and I couldn't breath (It was not a panic attack, more like the feeling of my chest being imprisoned and unable to expand). This is the reason I stopped taking it even with the sleeping effect was very good. Clozapine was very strong too, but can't remember good all details because I took it few times (I got some tabs by a guy who gifted them to me)
Clonazepam is good, cheap, but I'm so addicted (years) and I feel the kick way too slow and If I take some extra pill I get a huge headache the day after. Not to mention the withdrawal are horrible.
Lormetazepam is expensive but tastes so damn good and looks like the kick is a bit faster, but the effect lasts less than clonazepam and the addiction is even worse.
Olanzapine is good, but lasts too much and I don't want to sleep for 2 days straight, also like Levomepromazine I remember me cooking in the kicthen while asleep, with closed eyes, because I was hungry af. So no, I don't want this dangerous zombie-mode.
Other classic benzos like xanax/alprazolam I tried them, but not so much, and I didn't feel anything special so I left them, even the stilnox, which is supposed to be the "rape-drug" so I said "omg this will make me sleep so good". Well I can eat 20 of them and still able to work and talk properly like no problem. Try to do that with 5mg of olanzapine.

I don't know what to do, I see many people going "good" with alprazolam or lorazepam, (also struggling with addiction), but are them so good effects talking? Should I give them another chance?
I mean what is for you the best "put me to sleep and make me blackout for 6 hours"?

I repeat, I just need a good-fast kick sleeping med, a peaceful time in bed and ready to wake up for work with no headache or something.

Any suggestion?

Temazepam
Lorazepam
Alprazolam

IMO are the best sleeping meds on the market. They are all benzodiazepines btw.

Ah yea, I was thinking about Temazepam some days ago since the other two benzos are already know to me. And alprazolam is so damn expensive. Probably I will try temazepam and give lorazepam another chance =)

This is pretty much a 'What should I take' thread which is against the rules and it'll only lead to speculations, as everyone reacts different, but I'll let it stay open for some time so you get a few replies

This is pretty much a 'What should I take' thread which is against the rules and it'll only lead to speculations, as everyone reacts different, but I'll let it stay open for some time so you get a few replies

Sorry I didn't think it was against the rules, go ahead and delete the topic I don't want troubles. It was meant like a "poll" kinda, but no problem rules are rules.

You won't get into trouble, I'll let it stay open for a while, so you get a few replies and but then I have to close it

Although it is effective for many at bedtime, Alprazolam is generally indicated for use an anxiolytic.

In the UK - the two benzodiazepines prescribed primarily as sleep aids are Temazepam and Nitrazepam.

If you just excuse my self indulgence for one moment, as a professional neurotic and regular user of benzodiazepines for anxiety, I am one of the idiots who quite enjoys the effects of this class of drugs and I find temazepam the most desirable both in effect and for practical purposes as a sleep aid (as an intermediate acting drug there should be little hangover upon waking.)

(The only other intermediate / short acting benzodiazepine that, in my own opinion, compares in terms of the desirable effect profile is Clonitrazolam, a triazolo version of Clonazepam developed by UpJohn back in the 1970's - however please do not take that as a recommendation - the drug was never bought to market and is only now sold as a research chemical)

Nitrazepam is one of the few long acting benzos used primarily as a sleep aid but would possibly not be suitable for your purposes as it has an effect duration similar to diazepam - I personally prefer long acting benzodiazepines at bedtime due to the lingering effects providing continued anxiolysis the following day and mainly use diazepam, clonazepam and flubromazepam.

Ultimately however, and this is coming from one of the biggest benzo pigs on the planet - I do not believe that any of these drugs remain effective hypnotics if used concurrently night after night and find that once or twice a week is optimal if one wishes to retain their efficacy and to avoid serious physical dependence.

Have you tried or considered Clonidine? It's a vastly underrated medication for inducing sleep. I say it's underrated, as compared to the Benzodiazepines/Z-Drugs, Clonidine is non-psychoactive and non-addictive. I feel all methods should be tried before relying upon Benzodiazepines/Z-Drugs.

best benzo all around IMO is triazolam. It's just strong af and to help you sleep you need somethign tiny like 1/8 or 1/4 of a mg. After that temazopam, pretty euphoric but you need higher dosages that are similar to oxazepam

Clonazolam,

Reviews you can easily find equate it to more of a Z-Drug-like substance than a benzo, IMO.

Alright thanks for the replies I will do my research and talk with my doctor.

This Clonidine seems interesting, never heard of it. If it isn't addictive it should be good, so maybe I can stop with this damn Clonazepam, who knows :)

Thread has given you some ideas and therefore successfully run its course. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.