• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Best available benzo for sleep

pure dope said:
I recieved nitrazepam (mogadon) from my doctor, best benzo for sleep by far. But alot of doctors do not like to prescribe it, I was just lucky enough to have a doctor who will prescribe just about anything accept S8 painkillers.

I love 'moggys', mogadon is great!! Dont feel like crap when you wake up and about 1 or 2 10mg pills do the job. I usually have 1 pill when I smoke weed lol.

I usually only ever take benzos for sleep if I've got intense muscle pain. For that I find diazepam to be brilliant, both as a sleep aid and a muscle relaxant. But as Mac said, it does have a rather long half life, which can leave you a bit fuzzy in the morning.

Ohhh xanax... you came, and you found me, a tuurrrrkkkeeyyy
on my vacation away from woorrrrkkkeeeyyyyy

You will get temazepam or valium if lucky or stilnox most like. no ay will you get xanax thats for anixiety. you might get mogadon nitrazepam for staying asleep longer. I live it WA i have had xanax, lorazepam, temazepam, diazepam, nitrazepam and currently using triazolam and nitrazepam.

I tried my luck at not mentioning to the doc my last prescreption was temazapam in the hopes that I could get diazapam... Turned out even worse I was prescribed that Stilnox crap, to make matters worse it was way more expensive than I payed for temazapam last time...:X

My main reason for wanting a benzo script was so I'd have some on hand incase I or a friend wanted to abort a psychedellic experience that became too much... Would this Stilnox crap be any good for this purpose?

^ It isn't an especially powerful hypnotic, so if you happen to be unable to fall asleep after even a low-moderate dose of Stilnox during an unpleasant psychedelic experience, you might find that shit gets a whole lot more topsy-turvy (check out the threads on recreational Stilnox use if you've never remained awake under the influence of this strange drug).

Also, the reason you paid much more for your Stilnox is because it isn't PBS subsidised, so you pay the full cost of the medicine (a 'private' prescription), as opposed to most common benzodiazepines, which are PBS listed and are thus cheaper.

As for a good weapon to have on hand for when psychedelic journeys go awry, you might be interested in visiting the doctor for a less conspicuous drug than those of the benzo family, and one that will possibly prove quite useful - since many adverse psychedelic reactions are essentially temporary psychoses, emergency wards in hospitals often administer a combination of an antipsychotic + a sedative. A common family of antipsychotics is known as the 'phenothiazines', and amongst these drugs there is the well-known promethazine (Phenergan trade name - S3 medicine therefore available without prescription), which is used mainly for its histamine antagonist properties, and also prochlorperazine (Stemetil/Stemzine trade name), which is an antiemetic (antinausea) and achieves this mainly by acting as a central dopamine antagonist.

So, two good drugs to have on hand in the event of a bad trip might be promethazine, which will make you pretty drowsy at even normal doses but isn't necessarily a potent antipsychotic, and if you visit your doctor and explain that you have (for whatever reason) recently been feeling nauseous, you might even request Stemetil tablets (they've worked well in the past ey!), which contain 5mg of prochlorperazine each - when administered as an antipsychotic in acute and chronic psychoses, the adult dosage range is more in the avenue of 75-100mg, at which you can also expect significant drowsiness (and other side effects; always research further).

NOTE:

--Having listed two separate and potentially useful phenothiazine drugs does NOT mean that I am suggesting the two of them should be administered together; they shouldn't.
--I have no personal experience with the use of these drugs in acute psychoses arising from psychedelic experiences, and please take my advice with a grain of salt - the above is merely information, not recommendation. But if you research the topic yourself, you will hopefully find information that confirms and expands on my advice.

Last edited:
I strongly urge you to try other chemical avenues before resorting to benzos as sleep aids. They're addictive, tolerance-building, prescription only, and have definite hangover effects.

I've had a great deal of luck taking melatonin tablets (readily available from the internet. *edit*) but other friends with acute insomnia found no use for them.

I also find zolpidem tartrate (stilnox, ambien) very effective. Like Aunty Establishment said, stilnox tolerance builds bery slowly and doesn't have as much of a hangover as many benzos. Also, the medicaly community considers stilnox to be essentially non-addictive, and that's why you'll most probably get prescribed stilnox first if you go to a GP asking for sleeping tablets.

Last edited by a moderator:
a doc once told me that having stilnox every night is worse than having benzos!
I don't like usin new drugs that just come out until the long term effects are known. Like ere still don't know all the long term effects of ritalin. and i just finding or guessing them out now