• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

best and most effective way to take adderall

bandit

Greenlighter
What is the best and most effective way to take adderall if i want the effect of it to last at least 2 hours? And is there really a difference between all the ways (i.e. swallowing, snorting, eating, mixing with water and dropping it in to your nose)? I have the crushable 10 mg ones, not the capsules.

thanks for anyone who helps me out :)

bandit said:
What is the best and most effective way to take adderall if i want the effect of it to last at least 2 hours? And is there really a difference between all the ways (i.e. swallowing, snorting, eating, mixing with water and dropping it in to your nose)? I have the crushable 10 mg ones, not the capsules.

thanks for anyone who helps me out :)

snorting will make the duration shorter but will give you a faster come up described as a rush that many enjoy. eating it will result in having a longer duration. I have no idea of bioavailability but personally I would just eat the pills. It's not healthy to snort things and the duration of speed is long anyways.

Whatever way you take it, it's going to last a lot longer than two hours...

I find plugging to be the best MOA for adderall.

i just eat 'em. snorting it gives a little bit of a rush but its not really worth the trouble.. its a salt compound so it works fast if you eat it anyway.

but if you're gonna sniff, the drip is very sweet. just look in a mirror before you go anywhere, because you'll have blue rings around your nostrils, and you don't wanna be like me and walk around for a half hour without noticing : )

smokeymcpot42088 said:
I think you know what the most effective way is. IV.

Obviously IV will be more effective, but we both know that shooting pills is dangerous. This is a harm reduction forum, and in the sake of harm reduction, IVing pills is a very bad idea.

OP, parachute the pills.

I have to say that snorting is, but they hurt like hell. But I have to agree that the drip is sweet.

dropmealine said:
i just eat 'em. snorting it gives a little bit of a rush but its not really worth the trouble.. its a salt compound so it works fast if you eat it anyway.

but if you're gonna sniff, the drip is very sweet. just look in a mirror before you go anywhere, because you'll have blue rings around your nostrils, and you don't wanna be like me and walk around for a half hour without noticing : )

Hahaha How come the drip is sweet though? I have never heard that about any substance ever?

Aeon Psyche said:
Hahaha How come the drip is sweet though? I have never heard that about any substance ever?
Sugars in the pills.

But it's not like.. a good sweet. It's pretty much disgusting.

Its the single most disgusting sweet taste ever.

I'd personally just eat it. It lasts longer, and is much less jittery than snorting it. Much smoother feel.

soundthecymbals said:
Sugars in the pills.

But it's not like.. a good sweet. It's pretty much disgusting.

I used to crush them up and put them in your morning coffee instead of sugar. But I was a very sick and twisted individual at the time ;)

I usually snort - wiki gives the BA as 75% intranasal vs. ~25% oral (I've never found it to be this much of a difference in practice) so I figure I'll get more out of my drugs.

Adderall's going to last way more than two hours no matter how you take it, but I would just swallow them. Snort the stuff if you want to, though. I've seen my friends rail crushed XR powder all the time, and they claim that the drip is much less unpleasant than most other pills.

I'm pretty sure you can't get anything out of snorting the micronized XR beads - don't those need to be digested?

^ ancedotal experience says no, common sense says maybe

That was really more of a statement than a question - the nasal membranes don't have the ability to digest the coating. Another thing I noticed - the BA (presumably oral) of dextroamphetamine is listed as 75% on wiki, which might suggest oral and intranasal administration are similarly effective. I do love the drip, though... why do people have to hate on it?

Because it's a bitter and disgusting taste in your throat and probably far more unhealthy.

I described to a friend the sensation of snorting Adderall as approximately as painful as snorting water (as in not that bad). Would anyone agree?

Aeon Psyche said:
Because it's a bitter and disgusting taste in your throat and probably far more unhealthy.
Other than possible damage to the nasal septum (which I don't think would be particularly bad compared with cocaine, considering the chemical makeup of the amphetamine salts) why would snorting be worse?