• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos benzos vs opiods?

nancy145

Bluelighter
ive done some hydrocodone and oxycodone and love opiods but have only done xanex once which i dont remember too well. from what ive heard about benzo's, they seem pretty simalar to opiods. can someone tell me some of the main differences between the 2(talking about highs, not medical uses)?

The only similiratys they both have is they are both great for relieving stress/anxiety.

The highs are not in the same ball park........opiates make you feel all warm & fuzzy inside, & make everything in the world OK ......they make the most mundane tasks OK as well.

Bemzos feel euphoric when you're suffering from anxiety/stress.....ime, they don't feel euphoric at all & ime are boring when taking them w/o anxiety.....there are exceptions like temazepam & a few others that may be euphoric.

I don't find benzos fun at all while others love them.....so its subjective.

IMO/IME you do not want a benzo habit, its so much more difficult to get off of them after you've had a habit on them compared to opiates.

Bottom line for me, opiates are way better than benzos.......but the bad part of liking something too much could be a bad thing sometimes.

Benzos, xanax in particular, is great for anxiety and panic attacks. As a recreational, a ton of ppl dont like it because it isnt very euphoric and tends to make one sleep in higher doses. It also can cause amnesia and lead to inadvertent redosing, which, on a scale of good to bad, is bad. Your first xanax trip confirms what I'm writing about the amnesia. It does not take a heroic dose, or even beyond a bar (2mg) for this to happen in a non-tolerant person.

Opiates, in lower doses, to me, are similar to xanax in that they turn bad into good, or at least give you a pleasant 'i dont give a shit' mindset to your worries. Opiates are more euphoric to most everyone than benzos. Benzos wipe stress... and memory. Opiates are 'warmer', for lack of a better word.

The two posts above are on the money.