• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Benzos vs GHB?

axl617

Greenlighter
So I'm not a recreational drug user by any means, I used to experiment but nowadays I can't even get high off alcohol or oxy so I gave up on it all.

I've been using benzos about 2-3 times a week which were prescribed for insomnia and anxiety. I had extreme anxiety last year due to existential rumination so there were times I would be taking them daily just to function. I really feel these things effed me up, I don't feel 'right'. Could also be from all the stress and lack of sleep who knows.

I still have insomnia though, and it really messes up ones life more than just about anything in the world. Benzos and similar drugs like zopiclone just don't work that well, they might work for a few nights then stop. The only thing I haven't tried in my life is GHB. I've been reading a lot about it, how it helps to get good deep sleep, helps release growth hormone and just makes you feel better. I know that I won't abuse it because I just don't get euphoria anymore even if I wanted to. What do you guys think, would it work better than benzo for sleep and occasional panic attacks?

Benzos: 10000-fold theraputic index

GHB: 1.5- fold theraputic index

Meaning 3 drops of ghb and you feel nothing, 4 and you are on the ground

GHB is just so short acting. It's like a clean version of alcohol that makes you feel refreshed upon waking rather than hungover. But really it's effects are incredibly similar. It's also a lot easier then alcohol IMO to overdose yourself and wake up to a possible living nightmare.

That being said I don't think Benzodiazepines are a good longterm solution for insomnia either. Some are definitely better then others, temazepam and triazolam are real effective at knocking your dick in the dirt. I know GHB is sometimes actually prescribed for extreme cases of insomnia, but you'll really run into the same problem in the end-tolerance.

GHB is much better as a recreational drug. It feels good, it makes sex better, and you actually remember the whole night. It's alright for insomnia if you don't take it very often. You have to wake up and take another dose to sleep through the night.

Benzos work better for insomnia. They suck in terms of long term effects. If you start taking them daily, you'll have serious issues with withdrawal coming off them.

GHB isn't that similar to ethanol IMO. There's some match ups but GHB is highly euphoric, feels much more unique, and feels much cleaner. In terms of best paths to follow, unfortunately using chemicals is never a good idea. Many of them can cause rebound insomnia(GHB does this literally as once it wears of it begins to release dopamine, so you pass out for 2-4 hours dependent on how much you dosed, then wake up like clockwork).

Also GHB really isn't that easy to OD on especially if you make sure to get carefully made pre made mixtures. .5-4 grams are commonly used doses. The real problem is how variable it is. It does have a crazy steep dose response curve in some people. Like 3gs might be near perfect so you bump it up to 3.25 or 3.5 and bam your out like a lamp. GHB really isn't that easy to fatally overdose on. Easier than benzos? Yes. There's multiple stories of people accidentally drinking from a bottle of GHB, ending up taking huge doses, and we're just unconscious for a period of time. Don't fuck with doses though. It's best to start low, see how it makes you feel, then adjust by .25 at a time until you reach the zone. Oh and GHB is recreational as fuck. They don't call it liquid ecstasy for no reason...;)

Temazepam never really helped my insomnia, I got a free bottle of 90 30MG of them and had to eat 2-4 to even feel them although I probably had a hell of a tolerance then. I dont do benzos anymore, went way to hard with them to the point if I didnt have any type in my system id start WDing, and I never knew why I always felt off until I quit completely, cold turkey off a decent habit. Then those minor WD symptoms I had, (that I didnt know were actually withdrawal) turned into severe symptoms, thats when I figured out. Its worse then hell on earth no shit or sarcasm. I will never do another benzo anytime soon, shit scared me straight but now ive been clean for about a month and havent felt this great in years. Still have insomnia though, only thing that helps or ill look too anymore if I cant sleep is meditation.

EDIT: now that I think about it, one or two medications that actually knocked me the fuck out, out cold was seroquel (used for benzo WD insomnia) and tizanidine (muscle relaxer/zanaflex). Tizanidine tops it though, shit made me practically unconcious.

Last edited:
GHB isn't that similar to ethanol IMO. There's some match ups but GHB is highly euphoric, feels much more unique, and feels much cleaner. In terms of best paths to follow, unfortunately using chemicals is never a good idea. Many of them can cause rebound insomnia(GHB does this literally as once it wears of it begins to release dopamine, so you pass out for 2-4 hours dependent on how much you dosed, then wake up like clockwork).

Also GHB really isn't that easy to OD on especially if you make sure to get carefully made pre made mixtures. .5-4 grams are commonly used doses. The real problem is how variable it is. It does have a crazy steep dose response curve in some people. Like 3gs might be near perfect so you bump it up to 3.25 or 3.5 and bam your out like a lamp. GHB really isn't that easy to fatally overdose on. Easier than benzos? Yes. There's multiple stories of people accidentally drinking from a bottle of GHB, ending up taking huge doses, and we're just unconscious for a period of time. Don't fuck with doses though. It's best to start low, see how it makes you feel, then adjust by .25 at a time until you reach the zone. Oh and GHB is recreational as fuck. They don't call it liquid ecstasy for no reason...;)

I agree with you, I just meant that it's more comparable to ethanol then to benzos, IMO. I love GHB, it's a great, fun drug, but yeah you got to be careful not to dose too high. I've heard that the withdrawals are fucking terrible though.

GHB is just so short acting. It's like a clean version of alcohol that makes you feel refreshed upon waking rather than hungover. But really it's effects are incredibly similar. It's also a lot easier then alcohol IMO to overdose yourself and wake up to a possible living nightmare.

That being said I don't think Benzodiazepines are a good longterm solution for insomnia either. Some are definitely better then others, temazepam and triazolam are real effective at knocking your dick in the dirt. I know GHB is sometimes actually prescribed for extreme cases of insomnia, but you'll really run into the same problem in the end-tolerance.

GHB is basically a super refined, much cleaner version of alcohol..with ghb, u can expect 2-3 hours of increased empathy, sex drive through the roof, u feel very loose WITHOUT feeling clumsy, your mind is generally sharper instead of donked out like on booze, and lots of energy..

in terms of recreation, ghb blows benzos away, no comparison..for insomnia though, id pick neither but if i had to go with one id go with ghb but be prepared to wake up 4 hours later needing to redose again..takig benzos for sleep always leaves me groggy the next day..ugghh