• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos - How to enjoy and stay awake on them?

I think the only answer is to lower your dose. You could also build a tolerance but bet your bottom dollar you’ll regret that option.

I think the only answer is to lower your dose. You could also build a tolerance but bet your bottom dollar you’ll regret that option.

Yeah Ive heard about addiction of benzos and all the difficulties to to quit.

BEST advice 👍
If sedation means being relaxed and sleepy, I don't wanna be sedated at all.
Yep that is sedation for the most part. A sense of heaviness and apathy/peace.

Although some drugs cause sedation without anxiety relief or euphoria, its still hard to physically move and stay awake.

It kind of sucks actually, most people who enjoy sedatives are looking for an escape from life stresses or are in horrible physical/psychological pain.

Psychedelics and stimulants seem to have more to offer for physically and mentally healthy individuals.

Especially if you are young.

Im not new to benzos. I've tried Alprazolam, Diazepam, Clonazepam and Chlordiazepoxide zillion times. Plus I've read threads about recreational value of benzos. No noticeable euphoria, regardless of how much I take. Just a small dose of a benzo like Alprazolam is enough to knock me out and make me unmotivated and sleepy at work.

It is believed that Benzos help people to...
1. Get rid of Anxiety
2. Relax the muscles
3. Overcome insomnia and sleep well at nights
4. Enhance the euphoria caused by other drugs
5. Cope with Alcohol's withdrawal syndrome

My current sitch:
I suffer from genetic diseases like anxiety, major depression, schizophrenia and the highest level of hypotension.

As i said, even the lowest dose of Alpra puts me to sleep. I've found Diazepam to be just a little bit effective as it relaxes my mind before I get knocked out. But other benzos work as sleep aid. My question is, Are there some ways to stay up on benzos? I've even googled it and found at least one relevant article:

https://www.wikihow.com/Stay-Awake-on-Xanax

The article suggests tips like going out, talking to friends and doing exercise. Yes I have tried them on Diazepam and the result was satisfying, which means I don't feel sleepy but when i work with PC at work/home or watch a movie, staying up on any Benzo (including Diaz) is impossible.
Hey mate. Hope you are doing ok in your temporary location.

Before I actually start reading this entire thread I just wanted to say that certain benzos go absolutely brilliantly with kava there is an incredibly strong potentiating effect between each other in terms of the euphoria particularly, and overall general state of relaxation and bliss.

Gonna read the rest of the thread now lol.

Edit- btw the only benzo I am actually using is etizolam which is regarded by many to be possibly the most euphoric of all of the types of benzodiazepines but when you take this type of substance alongside kava the euphoria aspect is significantly increased in a synergistic sense.

Last edited:
Im not new to benzos. I've tried Alprazolam, Diazepam, Clonazepam and Chlordiazepoxide zillion times. Plus I've read threads about recreational value of benzos. No noticeable euphoria, regardless of how much I take. Just a small dose of a benzo like Alprazolam is enough to knock me out and make me unmotivated and sleepy at work.

1. Get rid of Anxiety
2. Relax the muscles

My current sitch:
I suffer from genetic diseases like anxiety, major depression, schizophrenia and the highest level of hypotension.

As i said, even the lowest dose of Alpra puts me to sleep. I've found Diazepam to be just a little bit effective as it relaxes my mind before I get knocked out. But other benzos work as sleep aid. My question is, Are there some ways to stay up on benzos? I've even googled it and found at least one relevant article:

The article suggests tips like going out, talking to friends and doing exercise. Yes I have tried them on Diazepam and the result was satisfying, which means I don't feel sleepy but when i work with PC at work/home or watch a movie, staying up on any Benzo (including Diaz) is impossible.
Strong black coffee can add some longevity to your consciousness energy levels as long as you do not leave it too late in the evening that is. Still reading haha!

Oh yeah- still reading.

But- microdosing LSD! people have long time used benzodiazepines to counteract the intensity and the unwanted side effects of LSD tripping but also I believe that very small doses of LSD can be used to counteract the sleepy and and lethargic physical side effects of benzos.

1. Get rid of Anxiety
2. Relax the muscles

My current sitch:

I just read- number 5. Back on the kava again- it has such a proven rep for helping alcoholics cope much more comfortably and happily with the alcohol withdrawal process both physical and mental in terms of craving and missing something.

But then it goes on from there are by offering them an alternative to replace it with which is entirely non physically addictive and virtually non-toxic if at all when used appropriately of course.

You could go on a very low carbohydrate diet, of quality flesh foods,,lots of healthy unrefined fats like coconut oil and butter to replace the carbohydrates as a source of calories and energy. Lots of low carb vegetables too.

The more carbs we eat, the more sleepy we wil get.

In 2006, I went on a very disciplined low carbohydrate diet, because I identified a sevee case of candida infection.

Diet is EVERYTHING in treating candida and getting it under control again as they say because it is a natural inhabitant of our intestines after all just in a very low ratio do they beneficial bacteria.

Natural anti-fungal like raw garlic and oil of oregano are extremely beneficial as well in quickly eliminating and controlling candida but really dietary discipline is everything and avoiding sugar and all of the main trigger foods and keeping carbohydrate intake very low for long enough to really get a handle on the situation.

So I was only eating about 50 g of carbohydrates per day and one side effect of this was that I felt remarkably alert and unable to sleep easily.

Last edited:
Yep that is sedation for the most part. A sense of heaviness and apathy/peace.

Although some drugs cause sedation without anxiety relief or euphoria, its still hard to physically move and stay awake.

It kind of sucks actually, most people who enjoy sedatives are looking for an escape from life stresses or are in horrible physical/psychological pain.

Psychedelics and stimulants seem to have more to offer for physically and mentally healthy individuals.

Especially if you are young.

I realize why someone would break into pharmacies or look for granny's cabinet/stash to get what he/she needs. It means ppl would do anything to be sedated AT ANY COST.

Psychedelics make me anxious and sometimes sleepy. What encouraged me to try psychedelics was a sub-genre of trance music called "Dark PsyTrance". I remember I posted this in other threads too. I'd like to start a new thread to negotiate It and I appreciate anyone who can help me find the right category to discuss "Trance music and "Psychedelic substances". (plz note that im not looking for a category to post "suggested songs while being high")

You don't want to mess with benzos. If you think you felt withdrawal before, you will see a whole level of hell. These are for...um I don't know. What kind of asshole designed a 2mg bar of xanax and has destroyed anyone that took it.

The dude that says to try mushrooms is spot on. You will find answers from natural substances that are pure from the ground.

These are for...um I don't know. What kind of asshole designed a 2mg bar of xanax and has destroyed anyone that took it.

Hahaha...

To all Benzo-Heads:

No offensive but the mate TheInvisibleStoner is right. Even in my homeland, my pharmacist friend claims I am the only client who buys benzos a lot. Of course he's not a member of this website, but he often wonders why I buy benzos rather than Trama, Opiates or other recreational meds.
My excuse is, a small amount of diaz can help me get rid of anxiety, also potentiates the effects of Opium but u are so right. Specially about xanax. Even low doses of xanax make me faint for 15 hours (reminds me of a horrible anesthetic called Olanzapine). Unlike some bluelighters. I've got a job and too many personal tasks to do even at nights.

Last edited:
If u mean Iran, that's not my current location. Thats where i was born in. But what do u mean by "doing ok"?
Hey! By, "Doing okay"- it was just a figure of speech and natural warm gesture to say hope you are alright atm etc, that's all.

Yes I know you are away from Iran at the moment. I hope you can get some kava to try sometime. I will ask and look about anyway to see which options there may be.

Just about to drink some more Kava right now, following some lovely weed vaporization. Just trying to help mate anyway, I am following, but please bear in mind I am pretty off my head from acid still lol.

17.4 trips in 14 days was plenty enough but the after effectscare lovely, so dreamy.

Right...more Kava I just made up....

Other than a little coffee or meth
Can confirm that these do in fact help take the sedation from benzodiazepines (recent - last couple hours - studies show). had to test on myself as couldn't waste good shit on a decent being. ;)
Could also be in combo involving er morphine....
Coffee and meth works

Hey! By, "Doing okay"- it was just a figure of speech and natural warm gesture to say hope you are alright atm etc, that's all.

Yes I know you are away from Iran at the moment. I hope you can get some kava to try sometime. I will ask and look about anyway to see which options there may be.

Thanks for your concern. I'm still alive. nice of u. And hope u are high as well.

Yes temporary, cuz no asian country easily accepts migrant but I'm holding a long-term visa and hope i can stay there as much as I like. I'm sorry for the loss of your ppl due to virus. But I like Chinese food and Chinese traditions. So much that I wanna stay there forever.

Few days ago, a nice guy like u posted a list of legal drugs as he knew where i am now and why i can't get anything. Maybe it was u, lol. i dont remember

I noted kava on the list. I havent seen/heard anyone doing this in my life. There r too many articles about where to get kava, how to make or use. it is believed that kava is easy to get from grocery stores. Ours ago, I asked some friends, they have no idea what this stuff is (I didn't tell them its a high, I told them its a herbal medicine. Sorry I could NOT find a better lie)

According to wiki (chinese version), kava isnt popular in asia. If I take a trip to west before I die, i would give this stuff a try. Seems like there are too many legal highs that we have no access to.

Last edited:
Coffee and meth works

Meth does. but i always feel like coffee ruins the euphoria of anything. it happens every time i drink coffee at the top of opium or other stuffs. maybe i have to take coffee BEFORE any stuff, tnx anyway.
BTW i like ur avatar.

Last edited: