• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos - How to enjoy and stay awake on them?

TumajNuri

Ex-Bluelighter
Im not new to benzos. I've tried Alprazolam, Diazepam, Clonazepam and Chlordiazepoxide zillion times. Plus I've read threads about recreational value of benzos. No noticeable euphoria, regardless of how much I take. Just a small dose of a benzo like Alprazolam is enough to knock me out and make me unmotivated and sleepy at work.

It is believed that Benzos help people to...
1. Get rid of Anxiety
2. Relax the muscles
3. Overcome insomnia and sleep well at nights
4. Enhance the euphoria caused by other drugs
5. Cope with Alcohol's withdrawal syndrome

My current sitch:
I suffer from genetic diseases like anxiety, major depression, schizophrenia and the highest level of hypotension.

As i said, even the lowest dose of Alpra puts me to sleep. I've found Diazepam to be just a little bit effective as it relaxes my mind before I get knocked out. But other benzos work as sleep aid. My question is, Are there some ways to stay up on benzos? I've even googled it and found at least one relevant article:

https://www.wikihow.com/Stay-Awake-on-Xanax

The article suggests tips like going out, talking to friends and doing exercise. Yes I have tried them on Diazepam and the result was satisfying, which means I don't feel sleepy but when i work with PC at work/home or watch a movie, staying up on any Benzo (including Diaz) is impossible.

You can drink coffee or take amphetamine but I wouldn't recommend that with high blood pressure and a predisposition to anxiety.

Plus combining stims and depressants a lot creates a weird poly drug addiction with lots of bouncing between extremes and overuse of chems, at least for some people who are somewhat impulsive.

mixing it with mth would be pointless and dangerous then ! right ?

nvrmnd..

hy.

edit: it's just that i saw someone snort it. And it scared me.
whhat. who would snort xanax . thats insane. lool.

Last edited:
usually alcohol is what wakes me up from a benzo. but you shouldn't do that either. but levels are very low. 11% sparkling wine. doh homer

when i work with PC at work/home or watch a movie, staying up on any Benzo (including Diaz) is impossible.
Yeah... as one may have figured somewhat staying active helps one to keep "alert". Other than a little coffee or meth :rolleyes:... that's about all one can expect.
And keep the dosage/dosing as low as possible to achieve desired results (unless sedation is endgame then it is all moot).

heres a nic keep da change, sweetheart. ;)

mixing it with mth would be pointless and dangerous then ! right ?

No. Taking benzos while being on meth will calm u down, also decreases the risk of seizure caused by meth overdose. I still don't guarantee the safety of meth-benzo combo but according to my experience, u feel at least more relaxed.

Stimulants and/or engaging in activities are the only solutions here (aside from decreasing dose).

Yeah, Meth only. Cuz as I said, I feel like coff ruins the effect of almost everything I'm high on. Maybe the coff I drink doesn't contain enough amount of caffeine so let me do this combo one more time.

usually alcohol is what wakes me up from a benzo. but you shouldn't do that either. but levels are very low. 11% sparkling wine. doh homer

Yeah, both alco and benzo are classified as depressant, I might stay awake if i build tolerance to alcohol cuz I rarely drink.

You will also build tolerance to benzos too. Diazepam in low doses is fine. Try 4mg and see how you get on. If you’ve bad hypotension then I suggest you drink a good 3l of water a day. That should help plenty and also up you salt intake.

I just drink coffee in the morning and then I don't get tired till the afternoon despite 2mg alprazolam equivalencies daily; though I have noticed coffee does indeed take away from a great deal of the benefits of benzos...

Fact of the matter is, these drugs are sedatives, and if you don't wana be sedated... well, you're looking for another class of drugs.