• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos: Doesn't Everyone Simply Get Tired?

The people who enjoy benzos the most are people who are anxious because benzos relieve anxiety, i also personally like valium for its muscle relaxing properties, gets me proper chilled out, and i chill listen to some tunes or watch a movie....

it took me a while to begin to enjoy xanax/valium/vikodin... at first i always just fell asleep, but now it's not really a sleep but kind of like nodding off on heroin.

i think you got your meds mixed up
vicodin is an opioid pain killer, its hydrocodone with tylenol in it, not a benzodiazepine. maybe your thinking of klonopin(clonazepam).

Now it seems that benzos just make me tired.. and they always have. But I remember moments of PROFOUND intoxication on benzos. The problem is, I was on about 8 mg to start with and I had 10-11 bars left and they were all GONE.

It was profound. not fun. It sucks man I'm telling you, I am always chasing highs like that when I take benzos.

And it's always too little (not noticable) or too much (end up getting a little tired, laying down, and waking up some uncontrolled time later)

i think some users expect too much out of benzos i.e. they expect to get 'fucked up.' well, benzos arent like that. they are relaxing and as the OP said, he just gets tired and falls asleep. i would say try taking a lower dosage and seeing if you enjoy the effects (if that still doesnt put you to sleep.) as you can see in this thread, some people find them enjoyable and euphoric and some people dont see a purpose in them recreationally.

In my experience, xanax gave me euphoria when I 1st started taking it. Now, that I am addicted to them, they just keep my anxiety under control. I still feel "good" if i take over 1mg at a time, but not euphoric like opiates.
2mgs at a time is my limit-(Self Control?) Even tho I take 3-5 mgs a day, its never in more than 1mg doses at a time unless I wanna get buzzed from them. Tolerence sucks! :\

1.5mg in the daytime, and I guarantee you will understand the recreational value of xanax, and other benzos. It's a benzo, a downer, ie slows your central system - you will get tired.

heh.. i found 1 full xanax pill and another crushed up in my moms car.. i know its xanax cuz i went to the pill identification website to see if it was and i have a friend from america staying with us at the moment and she has done everything under the sun .. bar psychedelics.

anyhoo iv always wanted to know what xanax felt like and so i took 1 of them and it was a nice non caring High. . i then popped the crushed up bits and i passed out about an hr later
i dont remember ANYTHING after the second pill

what I'D Like to know is how long the cravings last cuz i'd love to try them again and see what happens cuz from what iv read here people are getting nothing off them after trying them for a second time or there falling asleep

heh.. i found 1 full xanax pill and another crushed up in my moms car.. i know its xanax cuz i went to the pill identification website to see if it was and i have a friend from america staying with us at the moment and she has done everything under the sun .. bar psychedelics.

anyhoo iv always wanted to know what xanax felt like and so i took 1 of them and it was a nice non caring High. . i then popped the crushed up bits and i passed out about an hr later
i dont remember ANYTHING after the second pill

what I'D Like to know is how long the cravings last cuz i'd love to try them again and see what happens cuz from what iv read here people are getting nothing off them after trying them for a second time or there falling asleep

It effects everyone differently, but that nice, non-caring high is great for xanax beginners. Just try not to take them daily-or your tolerence will build fast. Try to use them recreationally, not get dependent on them daily, like I now am.

I can't remember if I've posted this yet, but I've found great use for benzos on days when I haven't had enough sleep and have that weird, edgy, frazzled around the edges, cracked out feeling. It really helps level me into a calm state, rather than drinking caffeine to try to wake up and getting more jittery. It's also great for really busy days when I'm stressed as hell and need something to put me in the zone. I view benzos as performance enhancers and essential allies to manipulating my mindset when I need to, rather than as a recreational drug to get fucked up. It's like college students using adderall to study.

benzos (when mixed with things) give me euphoria out of the asshole. Mixed an ativan with a valium with a dilaudid.. off the wall euphoria. First time i did xanax I had been drinking the whole night and blew a whole bar.. took me a couple hours to fall asleep (I imagine I was out a while).