• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos: Doesn't Everyone Simply Get Tired?

Slavetoopiates

Greenlighter
I have scripts for both Xanax AND Valium but I just don't get it. I just end up getting tired and fall asleep! What good are the damn things??????

i completely agree!!! i had a friend that LOVED them! we'd go out and shed get so fucked up! i, on the other hand just cannot handle them. i was up for 4 straight days on a coke binge, i snorted a 1/4 of a bar and slept for 2 days!!! lmao!

They are great for treating anxiety and just chilling out. I like valium alot but i hate xanax. Many people like xanax though and everyone has their own benzo preferance.

Take a dose of valium that does not knock you out and just chill out. It`s a very relaxing drug for sure as it`s a very good muscle relaxant as well.

I am also on 16-20 MGS Suboxone and I sometimes take 20 MGS Valium and if I am out at Disney World walking around I feel fine but once I get in the car I am out for the count. Also if I take a lousy 10 MGS during the day I get tired as Hell. I am 50 now but I thought I remembered getting a great buzz on VALIUM/XANAX. Maybe it was only a false memory.

it took me a while to begin to enjoy xanax/valium/vikodin... at first i always just fell asleep, but now it's not really a sleep but kind of like nodding off on heroin.

They're great for anxiety, yeah, but someone educate me (I don't have much experience with benzos beyond abusing them): what's the point of being prescribed multiple benzos? Is one (valium) something you take in the morning to last most of the day while the other (xanax) is used for emergencies or panic attacks? If that's not it, I can't see why any doctor would put you on two different benzos.

You're not the only one, but I wasn't the only one to see recreational use in them. I don't anymore - I hate benzos now, but benzos are probably one of the most commonly abused prescription drugs.

Narcotics work different on different people, some get energetic and happy on alcohol, some get tired and bored.
I think, the people that really enjoy bensos are us who have some anxiety, depression problems from the beginning.
Now im talking about JUST bensos.

When you throw in alcohol and bensos together its a different ballgame, its a thin line but if you manage to find your right dosage
and have some selfcontrol and dont overdo them its a really nice buzz.

yeah some people swear certain benzos are euphoric. I don't see it. Never did. I just abused them because Xanax was like alcohol in pill form. Easier.

They're great for anxiety, yeah, but someone educate me (I don't have much experience with benzos beyond abusing them): what's the point of being prescribed multiple benzos? Is one (valium) something you take in the morning to last most of the day while the other (xanax) is used for emergencies or panic attacks? If that's not it, I can't see why any doctor would put you on two different benzos.

Not many doctors like the idea of prescribing two benzodiazepines...and especially not long term. The only times that I've been prescribed two benzodiazepines (hence, from the same doctor) were when I had already been on one for several years and another hypnotic was needed for my insomnia. I've heard of people with muscle pain being prescribed two but I find that foolish. There are many muscle relaxants that can be prescribed WITH a benzodiazepine just like many different sleeping aids can be prescribed WITH a benzodiazepine.

As for the differences, they are all just anti-anxiety agents with slightly varying effects. They are also prescribed as sleep aids, usually just the hypnotics. Some people find them recreational. I don't but I find them very effective drugs for anxiety

Xanax (Alprazolam): Great for panic attacks. Immediately kicks in but short acting which makes it very addicting as a result. People who suffer panic attacks know what situations cause them extreme stress so they will take it beforehand. Other people eventually just take it every 3-4 hours always expecting panic attacks. Also very effective for phobic disorders.

Klonopin (Clonazepam): Prescribed for people who suffer panic attacks. Unlike Xanax it can be taken just twice a day to prevent unanticipated panic because it lasts anywhere from 6-12 hours. Not as effective as Xanax for extreme emergencies. Klonopin also produces great muscle relaxation as it is one of only two benzodiazepines actually (labeled) prescribed for seizure disorders. Great for social phobia.

Restoril (Temazepam): Prescribed for insomnia. Produces hypnosis

Ativan (Lorazepam): Prescribed mostly for Generalized Anxiety Disorder. Also an effective muscle relaxant.

Valium (Diazepam): Prescribed for almost every anxiety disorder. Ineffective as an anti-panic medication though. Makes me very groggy, drowsy and irritated so my opinions on this benzo are biased.

Midazolam (Versed): For surgery it is used intravenously to knock you out and produces amnesia.

...those are the basics. There are so many more. All produce the following effects just to various degrees and prescribed as: Anxiolytics (anti-anxiety/anti-panic), hypnotics, anti-seizure, amnesiacs, muscle relaxants.

I could go into extreme detail about this subject but most don't understand and those who do will completely change the pace of this thread

I was prescribed Xanax and Klonopin at different times..tolerance is a bitch. I used to need 2 bars to feel anything. Klonopin didn't do shit. A recreational binge for me was usually 8-10 bars and a couple valium and a little vodka over a couple hours. I would see in 3-D after that and fall when I tried to walk.

I'm not on benzos now, since my doc found out I was abusing them. I think it's better that way. I don't like being addicted to that shit..horrible feelings of anxiety all the time that won't go away..and withdrawl is absolute hell.

I stick to doing them about once a month now..but it still takes a lot for me to feel 'buzzed'. I may just have a naturally high tolerance to benzos.
No benzo ever made me fall asleep. They do make me euphoric at heroic doses, tho.

yeah some people swear certain benzos are euphoric. I don't see it. Never did. I just abused them because Xanax was like alcohol in pill form. Easier.

Temazepam is the only benzo ive found to have any real euphoria. The rest that i like just chill me out.

Ive gotten 2 benzos prescribed at once by getting different benzos for different uses. Im prescribed clonazepam to take every day for anxiety from my shrink but i sometimes get temazepam for sleep or valium as a muscle relaxant off my GP.

It's silly, but I find Diazepam more sedating than Temazepam at equal doses.
I have to take atleast 20mg of Temaz for enough sedation.

Benzos give me euphoric. Doesn't it do that to everyone?

I've found it to be half and half. My roommie was complaining about a headache and cramps so I gave her a xanax that night like "this will make you feel good and forget all that." Next thing I know I look behind me on the couch and roommate is totally passed out... for like 13 hours lol. They used to be euphoric as a motherfucker to me, but that was like 4 years ago. Now I take them every day as prescribed and I just feel normal. However, when mixed with an opiate I feel like I'm flying the whole day and I don't get the same effect when I just take xanax anymore.

There are three types of benzos, depending on which GABA receptors they act on and to what degree: 1) anxiolytics, 2) hypnotics, and 3) anti-convulsants. They are typically some mix of 1 and 2, with a few oddballs exhibiting 3 (most notably clonazepam). They also have different speeds of onset and duration of effects. This can make them useful for different things. A sleep disorder patient might get Xanax if they have trouble FALLING asleep, or Klonopin if they have trouble STAYING asleep. You might be on Valium for general anxiety, and 1 clonazepam at bedtime for RLS (because of the anti-convulsant properties). EDIT: Also, obviously, they can have different effects depending on the nature of your anxiety. Generalized Anxiety Disorder is not the same as Panic Disorder, and not all people who have GAD experience panic attacks. A patient with PD needs a fast-acting, short-duration benzo like Xanax, whereas a GAD patient needs a longer-lasting benzo with a lighter touch

Generally speaking, docs will be cagey about prescribing someone more than one benzo, but there are legitimate reasons it might happen.