• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Benzos & Dihydrocideine/ Codeine.

mysafehome01

Bluelighter
Hey, ok first of all, I am well aware and well researched on the possible dangers of mixing two CNS depressants.

For a little while I've maybe used 1-2mg Etizolam/ Etizest (RC Thienodiazepine) & Between 210mg/ 300mg of Dihydrocodeine/ Codiene, at the most I've used these maybe 1/ 2 months in between.

I've had great success with this, achieving my first ever what I believe to be a half decent 'nod'. Only time I've ever experienced this before was when I was on high dosage of IV Morphine in a hospital setting.

I have no plans on increasing these dosages and I don't want to run the risk of putting myself into OD territory.

I just want to make sure that what I am doing is not inherently stupid. I know it's stupid to a degree because of the combination of not one but two CNS depressants.

Your input is gladly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't mix those two. Etizolam is quite a strong rc and 210mg do Dihydrocodeine is a lot.

Combining CNS depressants strongly lowers the threshold for respiratory depression.
Take them separately, its far more safer.

Yeah those were my initial though. Yet for me, Etizolam is quite a weak Benzo in comparison to others. Also I get very little effect from DHC.

I had tried smaller doses of both before with great effect, just a slight nod and euphoria.

I haven't tried Etizolam but from the benzo charts it states 1mg etizolam=1mg xanax
It is quite strong although there are stronger benzos.

In regards to DHC I guess you have quite a high tolerance, according to psychonaut wiki anything over 200mg is considered as a strong dose

I usually dose 80-85mg of DHC which is pretty much a low/normal dose and I still get pretty high, no nodding whatsoever but definitely high.

The best advice I can give would be to do them separately

I always do them seperately. Takes me about 4/ 5 mg Etizolam to get a mild buzz and 450mg DHC to get a mild buzz. Tolerances are quite high.

Was going to post a new thread on this as I'm still unsure but realised I had this thread running previously.

If i was going to take my weekly recreational dosage of 360mg DHC would I have to abstain from Etizest/ Etizolam on that day? (1/ 2mg at most)

If anybody else has any more insight in to this it would be greatly appreciated.

as long as you don't increase the dosages or dose more than you normally do you should be fine-IME etizolam was pretty weak, or at least it didn't do much for me I don't know if that's because it was a theinodiazepine (i'm pretty sure there's a cross tolerance with benzodiazepines), I had heard it was stronger than valium but I'd take diazepam any day over etizolam. Anyway you should be aware if you're not already that dehydrocodeine is stronger than codeine, so yeah I would abstain its about twice as strong.

as long as you don't increase the dosages or dose more than you normally do you should be fine-IME etizolam was pretty weak, or at least it didn't do much for me I don't know if that's because it was a theinodiazepine (i'm pretty sure there's a cross tolerance with benzodiazepines), I had heard it was stronger than valium but I'd take diazepam any day over etizolam. Anyway you should be aware if you're not already that dehydrocodeine is stronger than codeine, so yeah I would abstain its about twice as strong.

So if I took the DHC dosage of 360mg at 11am then I should avoid any Etizolam for the whole day?

I would if it's the first time you're using dehydrocodeine, or the first time your using it at that dose, just to be safe, or if you do take the etiz use a lower dose than usual, it's weird but well not really its common sense I suppose but its sometimes surprising I should say, how taking a strong opiate with your usual dose of benzo can aggravate the sedating qualities of the benzo's and overall CNS depression, like when I first got on methadone, I had been on 1mg of clonazepam a day, and I took my kpin the night after my first dose of methadone and got floored.

I've been taking DHC & Etizolam both separately for about 3/ 4 years. By no means my first dosage of either, hehe.

So will the CNS depression from DHC stay active for 12 hours + ?

BTW 360mg is also not a large dosage for myself, I sometimes take in the region of 500mg.

If you're fairly sure of yourself in regards to your tolerance to both drugs than I would say yeah you could probably mix the two and NOT die or OD, in fact I would say you'd most likely be fine, god knows how many times I've mixed CNS depressants with IV heroin, but that being said every OD I've suffered was caused by mixing benzos and opiates. I do not know much about dehydrocodeine as it's not available here AFAIK, but I would probably say that after twelve hours you'd be pretty much ok, you should look up the half life of the drug though because it could be long acting (I feel in fact like I might have read that somewhere) which would make a difference.

Dihydrocodeine is only marginally stronger than Codeine in analgesic properties. As far as anything else goes I would say DHC is actually the weaker of the two.

Thanks for your input though :)

i get now on script 30mg of diaz and 6-8 dhydra 30mg a day also zopiclone have been taking codiene for years from doc while doing huge amounts of ets up to 2g of pure powder a week (finger dipping) and was always fine well in my head lol ,now its a taper from diaz 30g and my doc has no problem prescribing me them together

dhydra gets u high well it does me like speeding high as codiene doese the complete opposite makes me sleepy ish

dhydra gets u high well it does me like speeding high as codiene doese the complete opposite makes me sleepy ish

Yeah DHC is a very speedy high for me, similar to Tramadol but more pleasant.

I always thought it strange (medically naive) that drugs that cause an almost amphetamine like reaction can also cause CNS depression.