• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

benzo withdrawal? ironically i NEED HELP!!! (RIP wesmdow)

wesmdow

Bluelighter
fuckin a. son of a bitch. god damnit i think im STILL addicted to benzos.

last night i went to bed without any benzo or ambien. after a hard days work and 2 beers i was able to sleep on my own.. i even remember commenting to myself last night, "wow, i actually beat it, i can sleep without benzos!" it was a proud moment.

...anyway...

this morning when i woke up, something was OFF. i mean OFF. i went to take a shower and for some reason i couldnt... the thought of all that bodily contact made me shudder.

i went back to sleep and woke myself up about 5x, nightmares and hyperventalating... then i gave up and actually got out of bed.

thats when it hit me what was going on... benzo withdrawals.

i was on a fairly large amount of benzos.. my tolerance is straight up laughable. the last time i got high was sunday, i had 8mg of xanax to help with a crappy roll comedown.

before that, my final dose was thursday when i had 150mg valium, 50mg ambien, and 30mg ativan.

i went monday tuesday wednesday night sober, and i thought i was in the clear, but apparantly not.

i sucked ass at tapering, the temptation was always too great and i caved/got high.

now, im just gonna face it head-on. i dont crave xanax right now because i know THIS is the end result...

how long of a road do i have ahead of me?

i havnt dealth with much benzo withdrawal (once) but to make this post to the point, can you try a better taper? 8mg of xanax is a madman...

wesmdow said:
i was on a fairly large amount of benzos.. my tolerance is straight up laughable. the last time i got high was sunday, i had 8mg of xanax to help with a crappy roll comedown.

before that, my final dose was thursday when i had 150mg valium, 50mg ambien, and 30mg ativan.
It sounds like you need to taper (slowly). What was your dosing like as of a week or so ago?

tapering doesnt work for me. if the temptation to re-up is there, IE i dont ORDER my dealers not to sell to me, then i relapse. ive proved this over and over again....

i was stable at .25mg/day... thats why i thought i was off the stuff. i went days without it...

to get high i need 4-10mg of xanax... and thats how id been doing it recently.. not realizing i was still (apparantly) dependant..

anyone have any first-hand experience?

wesmdow said:
tapering doesnt work for me. if the temptation to re-up is there, IE i dont ORDER my dealers not to sell to me, then i relapse. ive proved this over and over again....

i was stable at .25mg/day... thats why i thought i was off the stuff. i went days without it...

to get high i need 4-10mg of xanax... and thats how id been doing it recently.. not realizing i was still (apparantly) dependant..

anyone have any first-hand experience?

I dunno, I take .25-.5 xanax at a time. maybe...a couple times a day.
but i can go with just taking .25/a day. been a couple years now.

Really, don't see how someone could need 8mg... to feel.. normal? afterall.. i really can't tell when i take xanax....not much effect to it.

Just, know when it hasn't had it for over a day.
intresting withdrawl symptoms though, if that is what it was. I figure as you did though at first. if you just have a couple beers or a couple shots before sleep.
you can learn to tapper to .25

i want to be OFF this shit! i dont even have an rx to xanax and thats what im addicted to, specifically.

no, 8mg makes me moderately high. i dont slur my speech or anything--but i feel really really good. 10mg of xanax is mmmm.... :D

but im not thinking of that right now.. id really like this shit out of my system as its really fucking me up.

say tapering isnt an option and ive been on for approximately 5-6 weeks, i guess, probably on average of 2-8mg a day... VERY heavy towards the middle, before i started tapering down...

anyway, how long should i expect this to last? its gotten better over the course of today, somewhat, but my skin still feels off and i dont think ill be able to sleep very well.

Believe in the power of the placebo, and the fact those high doses are not needed.

Fool the mind and body.

If you need 4mg.

Break them into pieaces of .25.

Take .25 . . . every hour.. or 2 hours.....
a new dose continously is peaking...throughout the day.
Although small, you are not thinking about "wasted". you are just eating them becaues.

The day will go by easy... at night.. take a whole .5 or something.
the body is calmed from the repeated dose.. and silenced to sleep by the thought you just doubled it at once. :p

jawhitt said:
i got up to 25 to 30mg of xanax a day and it took me about a week and a half to come off of them
there we go, a number!

during the middle of my addiction thats where i was at, even tho most people dont believe numbers that high. doctors certainly dont. i WAS getting high tho.. were you?

my goal isnt to feel wasted.. not even to feel good. i just wanna know how long this is gonna last:(

Its gonna last, until you say fuck numbers.

just giving yourself expectations.

pretend there isn't a mg attached... take small amounts as if it was larger.
and in a week it'll be like your working your way up instead of down! :p

i have none! i keep saying that... i have NO BENZOS and NO ACCESS!

i have ORDERED my dealers not to sell me any more xanax, so tapering isnt an option this time.

i cant get even a few~ its SO easy to change that order for 10 mg to 50mg... i dont trust myself, so i cant have ANY!

follow?

wesmdow said:
i have none! i keep saying that... i have NO BENZOS and NO ACCESS!

i have ORDERED my dealers not to sell me any more xanax, so tapering isnt an option this time.

i cant get even a few~ its SO easy to change that order for 10 mg to 50mg... i dont trust myself, so i cant have ANY!

follow?

Alcohol, is the cure! :)

It activates similar/some same areas of brain.. and helps withdrawls and prevent the risk of seizure from those who might be at risk.. from cold turkey.

jak1357 said:
they say that benzo withdrawl is worse than opiates and crack.... its one of the only withdrawls besides alcohol you can actually die from.

I was scripted 90 mgs of klonopin a month, but had easy access to all other common benzos, my average usage was 4-20mgs of xanax or klonopin in a 24 hour period, with valium it was 30-150mgs.... i didnt like ativan at all, but when i was on the benzos, i would combine them, drink alcohol and smoke pot.... it was my drug of choice (benzos) for a long while.

withdrawl was living hell for a good week, the second week was a little bit better, smoke tons of pot, try to get some seroquel to sleep, try to eat, and drink alcohol to stop the shaking / anxiety.

Careful, if u really did alot all the time you need to find a doctor or go to the ER and tell them the problem, because like i said, you can litterally die from the withdrawl.

2 wrongs don't make a right.

Kinda like two people with a panic inducing post doesn't create a solution.

can you be anymore overdramatic? ;p

The answer is, benzo withdrawl is alot of hype.
drink some alcohol... don't think about it.... let time do its job!

well, i dunno...
I have consumed far to much of my trio to argue atm.
xanax/amps/alc.

I was giving positive insight... as i see i'm about to run out of xanax and regret it in about a day.

It was all about spreading denial damnit ;x

Here's some information on withdrawing, and here is a slow taper schedule.

I'll quote a little bit to give you an idea:

"(1) Dosage tapering. There is absolutely no doubt that anyone withdrawing from long-term benzodiazepines must reduce the dosage slowly. Abrupt or over-rapid withdrawal, especially from high dosage, can give rise to severe symptoms (convulsions, psychotic reactions, acute anxiety states) and may increase the risk of protracted withdrawal symptoms (see Chapter III). Slow withdrawal means tapering dosage gradually, usually over a period of some months. The aim is to obtain a smooth, steady and slow decline in blood and tissue concentrations of benzodiazepines so that the natural systems in the brain can recover their normal state. "

Synapse999 said:
The answer is, benzo withdrawl is alot of hype.
drink some alcohol... don't think about it.... let time do its job!

...?

jak1357 said:
Id take a bottle of 2mg xanax over a bundle of H or a 8ball of awesome coke.
Although I would really like all three.

wow, someone else like me.

you even get the reversed effects... energy and all that. wow. you talk about benzos the way i do.

btw, im not scared of this... im pretty sure the worse is surfacing... and its bearable... im not turning back!

so, a couple of weeks? i have a really fast metabolism.. i build/lose tolerance really fast... maybe that will speed things up? (im 125 lbs, 5'8'')

thanks for the replies!

o btw ive got a scrip to seroquel, but i HATE IT!!!

also, how far will ambien set me back, in terms of getting un-hooked?

That won't change withdrawls much... you already don't have it... heh

wesmdow said:
wow, someone else like me.

you even get the reversed effects... energy and all that. wow. you talk about benzos the way i do.

btw, im not scared of this... im pretty sure the worse is surfacing... and its bearable... im not turning back!

so, a couple of weeks? i have a really fast metabolism.. i build/lose tolerance really fast... maybe that will speed things up? (im 125 lbs, 5'8'')

thanks for the replies!

i dont have it?

i dont follow...:( i wish that were true!!!

maybe it is... maybe this is ALL IN MY HEAD... *prays*

at least im stoned now. this helps a great deal.