• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

benzo withdrawal? ironically i NEED HELP!!! (RIP wesmdow)

You sound just like me, I could never taper because I would eat a mg or a half mg and then I'd be justify it to myself saying, you know, if you just eat all of them you'll feel really good now and you won't have to worry about the temptation tomorrow, you simply won't be able to get high... the perfect flawed logic.

For me it takes about two weeks to get clean, the valium certainly isn't helping though... I felt like shit for a solid month after valium abuse, from there I just switched drugs. You'll be alright, it's not all in your head, your body is currently pissed off that it isn't getting it's fix but you'll be alright, everybody goes through this and almost everybody relapses and goes through it again and again. Just stay clean, at least you know it's going to get easier rather than harder in the long run.

how far will ambien set me back, if at all? baby wants his bottle!!!!

Looks like your withdrawal symptoms started when the Valium went completely out of your system. You should switch over to Valium exclusively if you want to taper right, then taper.

Of course I never had the patience either, but I'm no stranger to seizure country and it's all a part of the game. I had much better results tapering .5mg of Xanax a day over the course of 10 days (no seizures, just insane insomnia and fucked up dreams) than quitting Valium cold turkey (seizures and basically lost touch with reality for a bit).

Have fun with the insomnia too. I couldn't sleep with any non-benzo, from Ambien to massive amounts of Melatonin, until my body would shut itself off and I'd crash for about 4 hours every 24 hours. In my experience this lasts 2 weeks ish. Actually, Diphenhydramine seems to work, and so does alcohol to a limited degree, but sleeping is going to be a real bitch.

The best way to taper off is 1/3 every three days. For ex., if you take 20mg,cut that by 1/3, meaning you would take about 13mg for 3 days, then about 9mg the next 3 days, then about 6mg for next 3 days, then 2mg next 3 days, then the last about 3/4 mg (3 pieces off a 2mg bar). Finally the last 3/4 would be slowly tapered off until you feel comfortable enough to quit, eating less pieces of the 3 over time. My math calculations are not precise, but I think you get the picture.

I have gotten seizures when I stopped cold turkey from 6mg/day. This drug is very addictive, which I know all you B/L know.
Peace.

^^ Why bring up a two year old thread? I guess you didn't know, but the OP overdosed and died. R.I.P.

Sorry to hear that. As you can see, I am new here and thought I'd be able to contribute info. May he R.I.P.

wesmdow said:
i have none! i keep saying that... i have NO BENZOS and NO ACCESS!

i have ORDERED my dealers not to sell me any more xanax, so tapering isnt an option this time.

i cant get even a few~ its SO easy to change that order for 10 mg to 50mg... i dont trust myself, so i cant have ANY!

follow?

Ive run short on my pain meds a couple of times (one time 1/2 a month too soon), and the WORST part of the withdrawls is gone in like 4 - 5 days (shakes, sweats, nausea, sleeplessness, etc). Im usually straight by day 6.

I have been tapering for 10 months. My dose is now 1 mg diazepam / day.

I haven't taken any benzo at all for two days. Last Saturday I took 5 mgs of diazepam.

I feel sick. This is nasty.

My jaws are so tight and different muscles tremor in my body , not that bad now though. A bit difficult to concentrate, but I am somehow used to this shit. It is very straining mentally....

It is funny how ab muscle can convulse in one part only :)

wiggi said:
^^ Why bring up a two year old thread? I guess you didn't know, but the OP overdosed and died. R.I.P.

Overdose of what, might I ask.. the journey from this post to the grave is one that should be documented, if nothing more than for informations sake...

people take drugs to replace something they are missing or perceive to be missing... what could it be?

wesmedown i know what youre goin through man and it sucks. you think youre gonna die and you feel just miserable as there is no way of explaining it. the best thing to do is taper off of it very...very slowly because xanax of any benzo is a dangerous drug to come off of. taper slowly and i know thats hard to do but you have to have some witts about you and try to control the urges. hide them from yourself if you have to and if you can taper slow enough near the end start skipping a day then 2 days while downing the dose. it takes a couple days for wds to kick in anyway thats why you thought you were in the clear at first.

Sometimes it's pertinent to read a thread in its entirety before responding.

RIP Wesmdow

Someone responded that Wes passed away only a few posts up.

Don't let it stop you from posting again, hopefully this thread can help other people.

Much <3 Wes. :(