• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Benzo with the strongest muscle relaxing properties?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Well your doctor was certainly wrong in claiming that only Valium had muscle relaxant properties among benzos, because there's a study that claims nitrazepam to be a considerably more potent muscle relaxant than diazepam is. Plus, tetrazepam, temazepam, flunitrazepam, and a shit load of other benzos have considerable muscle relaxant effects. I'd say Xanax is among the weakest muscle relaxants as far as benzos go. It has little to no muscle relaxant properties. The same is true of triazolam, but triazolam is still better than alprazolam.

Who can tell me what the benzo with the strongest muscle relaxing properties is (preferably with referances to sources).

Since meprobamate has been taken off the market here i really miss that feeling (carisprodol not being on the market either)

I was thinking maybe valium?

Oh mannnnn, do I miss meprobamate. Found an expired bottle about a year ago and helped myself, but since then... I really miss it. Just wanted to comment on that. Loves me some meprobamate. Valium would work the best, my fiancee broke his back and that's what they gave him for muscle spasms. That, and chlorzoxazone, which they said was a very strong muscle relaxer. However, that isn't a benzodiapine.

^ Well your doctor was certainly wrong in claiming that only Valium had muscle relaxant properties among benzos, because there's a study that claims nitrazepam to be a considerably more potent muscle relaxant than diazepam is. Plus, tetrazepam, temazepam, flunitrazepam, and a shit load of other benzos have considerable muscle relaxant effects. I'd say Xanax is among the weakest muscle relaxants as far as benzos go. It has little to no muscle relaxant properties. The same is true of triazolam, but triazolam is still better than alprazolam.
Kokaino-
I'm not surprised to hear he was mistaken. This is just one more thing to add to the list lol. This was many, many years ago and I have long since changed doctors.
I guess I AM a bit surprised that he was wrong about something that simple, however.
As for my experience with xanax...I've found nothing better for me as far as benzos go. Clonazepam comes in at a close second :) Everyone has their preferences.

Temazepam, being the only hypnotic benzo I've tried, has incredibly strong muscle relaxant effects. If I'm tired and I take it, I can't keep my back straight in the chair, I see why they call them "jellies" ;)

Valium definitely comes close in terms of muscle relaxation and sedation, though, and I'm actually more likely to go to sleep on Valium since it's not euphoric like Temazepam. Whenever I take temazepam, it's a "wake n bake" so I can enjoy the whole day in a dreamy, euphoric state. Whenever I get tired on temaz, I always tell myself, "no way in hell you're wasting this high!"

^^i w^^temazepam is also going to be taken off the market soon here (Paris, France)

^^i w^^temazepam is also going to be taken off the market soon here (Paris, France)

That's too bad! :(
The drug has had such a bad rep in Europe from back in the 80's and 90's and it has never recovered ever since. It's banned in Sweden, Norway, highly restricted in the UK and Ireland and many other countries, now its being taken off the market in France?

Who can tell me what the benzo with the strongest muscle relaxing properties is (preferably with referances to sources).

Since meprobamate has been taken off the market here i really miss that feeling (carisprodol not being on the market either)

I was thinking maybe valium?

I take it you're not in the US since both carisprodol and cyclobenzaprine are available here, the latter being a much better muscle relaxer imo. If I couldnt get either, I would also think diazepam a good third choice.

Not really what you are asking, but if you're getting cramps or spasms, evaluating and adjusting your diet may produce better results than pills.

^^ no, no cramps or sasms... just looking for something similar to a meprobaate/carisprodol high.... i guess i'lll switch back from oxazepam to diazepam, as i do prefer diazepam anyway

That sucks, you better stock up lol. Temazepam is the only recreational benzo imo. It gives some nice euphoria, makes me feel like a little kid again. :)

^ I've tried loprazolam and flunitrazepam - still find temazepam better.

Have you tried loprazolam or flunitrazepam?

I have not. The former is not prescribed in the states, and the latter is either discontinued or effectively banned by being a taboo "date rape roofie" drug in the States. The funny thing is that Ambien and alcohol are statistically more common for that purpose. I've heard snorted flunitrazepam is quite the experience, though, and that its abuse is rampant in Europe and SA.

I don't get how France (where you're from iirc), Sweden, and Belgium have ridiculously high benzo usage/abuse rates, I always thought the US had the largest amount of drug abuse and addiction rates for some reason.

I have not. The former is not prescribed in the states, and the latter is either discontinued or effectively banned by being a taboo "date rape roofie" drug in the States. The funny thing is that Ambien and alcohol are statistically more common for that purpose. I've heard snorted flunitrazepam is quite the experience, though, and that its abuse is rampant in Europe and SA.

I don't get how France (where you're from iirc), Sweden, and Belgium have ridiculously high benzo usage/abuse rates, I always thought the US had the largest amount of drug abuse and addiction rates for some reason.

Alcohol is the #1 date rape drug. However, midazolam and temazepam are the two most common benzodiazepines used as date rape drugs. Flunitrazepam is only very rarely used as a date rape drug, so this is an incredibly undeserved reputation. Temazepam was the most commonly abused benzo across much of Europe back in the 1980's and early 1990's. It was an epidemic, especially in the UK and Ireland. The Netherlands had it bad too, same with Sweden and Norway. Today temazepam is a Schedule 3 in Ireland and the UK and it is banned outright in Sweden and Norway (banned 1992 in Sweden, 1993 in Norway). In Europe it was temazepam and diazepam, but with the crackdown on temazepam - diazepam (also clonazepam) continues to be the #1 abused benzo in Europe (because it is so common). Flunitrazepam never was the most "abused" benzo, it just received an undeserved reputation as a date rape drug because of a few incidents involving the drug. Snorting flunitrazepam is not a good way of taking the drug as it drops the BA of the drug by a great deal. Flunitrazepam was relatively common in Germany when I went there last year in August. However, I found lormetazepam to be quite a bit more common along with diazepam and oxazepam.

As far as the date rape stuff, here are the stats:

According to research conducted by Michael Robertson from the San Diego Medical Examiner's office and Dr. Mahmoud El Sohly of El Sohly Laboratories, test results indicated that flunitrazepam was only used in around 1% of reported date rapes according to Robertson and 0.33% according to urine lab tests done by El Sohly. The benzodiazepines midazolam and temazepam were the two most common benzodiazepines utilized for date rape.

^^^i guess it depends from person to person.... loprazolam is a very strong benzo, and with oral consuption on par with temazepam theyre both great... however for me loprazolam is a tiny bit better (for me and some others i know) as it is nearly copletely water soluble and can therefore been IV'ed very easily and minimal if you use a micron filter... which nudges it up just past temazepam in my books (i'm sure some will dissagree)...
As for flunitrazepam (rohypnol), it's great on all fronts/aspects and ways... unfortunately, it also has amongst the strongest effet of short term memory loss and amnesia...

Last edited:
I have found that different benzos affect people differently.

Valium would work. I would personally use Klonapin (Cloneazepam). It's one of the longest acting benzos. However, for muscle relaxant effects, take a muscle relaxant (Soma, Flexeril).

I have severe disc degenerative disease.

Hope you feel better.

^^^i guess it depends from person to person.... loprazolam is a very strong benzo, and with oral consuption on par with temazepam theyre both great... however for me loprazolam is a tiny bit better (for me and some others i know) as it is nearly copletely water soluble and can therefore been IV'ed very easily and minimal if you use a micron filter... which nudges it up just past temazepam in my books (i'm sure some will dissagree)...
As for flunitrazepam (rohypnol), it's great on all fronts/aspects and ways, and the strongest in most of the benzo GABA
sub-uits... unfortunately, it also has one of the strongest effet on te

I actually find flunitrazepam's parent drug - nitrazepam - to have slightly stronger side effects than flunitrazepam. Flunitrazepam is more potent (on a mg/weight basis), but nitrazepam seems to cause stronger sedation and better muscle relaxant effects. It's definitely the stronger anticonvulsant of the two. In fact, nitrazepam is the second most sedating benzo I've done, right after triazolam. Brotizolam (a benzo derivative, similar to etizolam but much stronger) is also incredibly sedating, but still not as much as nitrazepam or triazolam. Temazepam and flunitrazepam are similar in sedative power. According to one study, in the first 2 hours after ingestion 50% of those dosed with temazepam reported sedation and motor-impairment vs. 49% of those dosed with flunitrazepam. Temazepam is very slightly more sedative at the right doses according to this study, but statistically they are equal. (Source: this study).

^I was actually interested in nitazepam. Sedation aside, do you like it better than temazepam for recreational purposes? I've read lukewarm reviews on Nitrazepam.

There is one benzo that was supposed more euphoric than nitrazepam but similar, totally forgot its name, though. It's not available in the US, and I don't think it was lormetazepam.

^^the problem with Nitrazepam is not it's value for recreational use... but its vakue for therapetic use, whis is not great becausse the duration oF action is too long, and it leaves people groggy in the morning, and you'll still be under the inflluence of the Nitrazzepam for the first few hours of the day... and thats not a healthy way to live

^I was actually interested in nitazepam. Sedation aside, do you like it better than temazepam for recreational purposes? I've read lukewarm reviews on Nitrazepam.

There is one benzo that was supposed more euphoric than nitrazepam but similar, totally forgot its name, though. It's not available in the US, and I don't think it was lormetazepam.

Although I enjoy nitrazepam a great deal, I still find temazepam to be more recreational. Temazepam is the best benzo I've tried and I have tried a total of 19 different benzodiazepines. I'm kind of a "benzo adventurer".
Nitrazepam is actually quite similar to flunitrazepam and even shares some similarities with temazepam. Did you mean nimetazepam?

Nimetazepam is my benzo dream. This is the benzo on top of my "still to try" list.

Status
Not open for further replies.