• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Benzo Rec Advice

xSound

Bluelighter
I had a question regarding Lorezapam (Ativan) recreation dosages. Let me preface this with I've never tried Benzos prior to these 3 days. I've read trough lot of thread on BlueLight about Ativan and the consensus seems to be that 1-3mg is a good first try for recreation. So over the course of 3 days I've tried 3 different dosages.

Day One Tuesday the 15th : I took 1mg. This didn't really do much other the slight relaxation. I then decide to cut one of my tabs in half and add .5mg a couple hours after the first 1mg since i really didn't feel anything. At this point I'm feeling more relaxed. Or I think I am, but I'm not to sure if I'm high. What is an ativan high? But anyways that's off topic right now.

Day Two Wednesday the 16th: Today I woke up venturous. So I decided lets start out with 1.5mg right off the bat. So again more relaxation (I think?) no euphoric feeling so far, but i've heard Ativan isnt really good for euphoric feelings. Anyways the day goes on and im like ok I wanna feel something. I want to know why people like getting high off benzos. So I take another 1mg for a total of 2.5mg. This dosage is the only dosage I feel did something significant. What that feeling was I donno. It also put me to sleep after about 1-2 hours and I mean 1-2 hours of laying down in the dark watching a TV show here and there.

Day Three Thursday the 17th: So after days 1-2 I'm on day 3 of my experimentation. I've taken 2mg right off the bat. Other then a slight heavy eyed feeling I don't feel much Just the normal moderate feeling of relaxation (I think).

So with all this said fellow bluelighters I need some guidance. I took the 2mg of Ativan at 4:20PM EST. Its now 8:00PM EST. Should I add another 1mg for a total of 3mg? At 2.5mg I felt like i was on to something, but I have no desires to become an addict. I simply wish to try the drugs we've been told to avoid since birth once. I walk a very fine line when it comes to pils. I'll be honest they scare me. I'm a pot smoker who likes to try everything once. And when i say try everything once I mean get the effects of everything once. Hence why I've tried benos 3 days in a row. Thanks in advance and stay safe fellow Junkies.

!!Update: So I decided to take another 1mg at 8:46PM will update day 3 if anything changes!!

Last edited:
The thing about benzos is you never realize how fucked up you really are. I'd say stick with enough to relax you without putting you to sleep, also the withdrawal can kill you if you become dependent.. You are smart to be afraid of pills.

The thing about benzos is you never realize how fucked up you really are. I'd say stick with enough to relax you without putting you to sleep, also the withdrawal can kill you if you become dependent.. You are smart to be afraid of pills.

Thanks. I've always been scared of pills even over the counter crap, but I still try them from time to time. This is my 3rd pill. I've tried Hydrocodon and Oxyodon both using the same method I've chosen to do here. IE. starting with a small dose then going up till I feel something then cold turkey after I know what it feels like. I haven't touch either since. Like I said I'm a one time try. I love my weed to much to replace it. Hah Plus I know the withdrawals and I'll pass.

Anways so your saying I could be fucked up right now and not know it? Cause I don't feel very up. Haha. So I decided to take the 1mg for a total of 3mg. (Also updated it in the main post at the bottem) If this does nothing for me Ill be done with this stuff. I can probably just trade it for weed anyways.

Last edited:
Ya, ya really don't realize how fucked up you are on benzo's for real sometimes, espcially if you add Gabapentin...But you pretty much got the benzo experice, relaxtion and some sleep when you took more..there really just good for taking when you need to calm down or chill, which is what there for really. Only experience I've had with ativan I took 12mg and didn't really feel anything, but I was use to Xanax, klononpin or valium and I think Ativan is a litte weaker.

just take no MORE THEN THE EQUIVALENCE TO 3MG CLONAZEPAM and if u wanna be extra cautious take 1mg clonazepam equivalance like that much clonazepam is good for anxiet no tolerance but equal dose of 20mg Valium no tolerance gets me feeling euphoric also I like Temazepam 40mg is equal to 1mg no tolerance u will feel euphoria but 120mg temazepam with little to no tolerance is amazing. At Worse u would look buzzed on alcohol with slight slurred speech and slight tripping or lack of proper motor skillz impairment.

Ya, ya really don't realize how fucked up you are on benzo's for real sometimes, espcially if you add Gabapentin...But you pretty much got the benzo experice, relaxtion and some sleep when you took more..there really just good for taking when you need to calm down or chill, which is what there for really. Only experience I've had with ativan I took 12mg and didn't really feel anything, but I was use to Xanax, klononpin or valium and I think Ativan is a litte weaker.

Ok, so the relaxed, calmed down, chill feeling is what I'm suppose to feel. Hmm well then I'd say mission accomplished. Thanks for the help.

And as always thanks Bluelight for making this possible.

benzos are primarily relaxants/anti-anxiety drugs, they dont in general make people "fucked up" or outright feeling good like opioids do.

if you don't get any more pleasurable effects with 2mg then don't bother increasing your dose to 3mg. at higher doses lorazepam and other benzos can effect judgement negatively as well as supress formation of memories.

I never got any kind of recreational buzz off benzos . As a matter of fact if I have anxiety and take benzos I still have anxiety just tired as well.

benzos are primarily relaxants/anti-anxiety drugs, they dont in general make people "fucked up" or outright feeling good like opioids do.

if you don't get any more pleasurable effects with 2mg then don't bother increasing your dose to 3mg. at higher doses lorazepam and other benzos can effect judgement negatively as well as supress formation of memories.

Will do. I'll stick to 2mg since the 3mg I took doesn't seem to do much else. Welp I guess I've learned and experienced what I wanted to with benzos. Time to trade em away for weed!

Weed and benzos are my favorite combo, weed on it's own gives me anxiety so together they work but I'm the type to take 5mg Ativan with the weed lol but I wouldn't recommend that